PDA

View Full Version : Name Three Players You Would Bet Your Life Savings On To Win 2012 Roland Garros


SHILIN-GOAT
May 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM
imagine you had to name 3 players right now to lift the RG trophy ... if one of them wins you keep your $$$ ... if one of the other 125 players win you are bankrupt :awww:

my three players are

1) Serena - the Charleston / Madrid champ
2) NaNa - the Rome finalist, winning more points than the Rome winner and showing flashes of brilliance
3) Vika - the Madrid finalist / world #1

name your 3 players and we'll see who is broke in 3 weeks :bigwave:

I did not pick:

Maria - the Stuttgart / Rome champ - serve looked too vulnerable
Aga - she never even reached SF and the only way she will reach SF is if she draws Bartoli
Sam - first beautiful opponent (Dulko, Kirilenko, Cirstea) will send her crashing
Petra - too inconsistent right now
Venus - not enough fitness to play 7 matches

vozas
May 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Psycho-thread

Cosmic Voices
May 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM
1) Because it's my life I simply have to go with Rena :hysteric:
2) Masha. I would actually bet my life
3) Sam :spit:

DragonFlame
May 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
The only one i'd ever bet my life on at RG would be justine. Since she ain't playing, good luck betting without me. :p

Craig.
May 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
imagine you had to name 3 players right now to lift the RG trophy ... if one of them wins you keep your $$$ ... if one of the other 125 players win you are bankrupt :awww:

my three players are

1) Serena - the Charleston / Madrid champ
2) NaNa - the Rome finalist, winning more points than the Rome winner and showing flashes of brilliance
3) Vika - the Madrid finalist / world #1

name your 3 players and we'll see who is broke in 3 weeks :bigwave:

I did not pick:

Maria - the Stuttgart / Charleston champ - serve looked too vulnerable
Aga - she never even reached SF and the only way she will reach SF is if she draws Bartoli
Sam - first beautiful opponent (Dulko, Kirilenko, Cirstea) will send her crashing
Petra - too inconsistent right now
Venus - not enough fitness to play 7 matches

You're too damn much :hysteric:

L'Enfant Sauvage
May 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
LOL, I would have been cleaned out every year since Handtine retired then :lol:

MrJovani2293
May 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I have no savings SO

1. LI NA!!!!!!
2. MARIA SHARAPOVA!!!!!
3. AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA!!!

sweetadri06
May 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Justine.

Charlatan
May 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Peak Pierce

donellcarey
May 20th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sharapova is Stuggart/Rome champion, not Charleston.

And for the 3 choices, Serena, Serena, Serena.

deliverance.
May 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM
1. Sharapova
2. Williams
3. Barthel

MaSharp
May 20th, 2012, 07:23 PM
1)Serena Williams
2)Maria Sharapova <3
3)Na Li -.-

bbjpa
May 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Schiavone
Ivanovic
Kuznetsova

:secret:

graffite
May 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
imagine you had to name 3 players right now to lift the RG trophy ... if one of them wins you keep your $$$ ... if one of the other 125 players win you are bankrupt :awww:

my three players are

1) Serena - the Charleston / Madrid champ
2) NaNa - the Rome finalist, winning more points than the Rome winner and showing flashes of brilliance
3) Vika - the Madrid finalist / world #1

name your 3 players and we'll see who is broke in 3 weeks :bigwave:

I did not pick:

Maria - the Stuttgart / Rome champ - serve looked too vulnerable
Aga - she never even reached SF and the only way she will reach SF is if she draws Bartoli
Sam - first beautiful opponent (Dulko, Kirilenko, Cirstea) will send her crashing
Petra - too inconsistent right now
Venus - not enough fitness to play 7 matches

Whoa, the shade. :tape:

My pick:
1. Masha
2. Sam
3. Head says Serena, heart says Ana/Vee.

I wouldn't pick Petra, Aga, Marion, Vika.

Sassy-Na
May 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Serena
.
.
.
.
.
Then Vika, Maria, NaNa and Kvitova...

killerqueen
May 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
:confused: How can I bet my life on three players to win one title? :p

But seriously, I can't see the winner not being one of:

1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova

With an outside chance of a Sam Stosur upset.

Sean.
May 20th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Surely if you're betting your life savings on all three, and only one can win, then you're doomed to bankruptcy? :scratch:

Charlatan
May 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
actually, it also depends on who serena will draw at the QF out of seedings 1, 2, 3 and 4

Andrewraven
May 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM
At the moment, Serena and Maria, and justine if she hadn't retired

StoneRose
May 20th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Vika,Serena,Maria to keep all the $$$.

Stonerpova
May 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
This is the WTA, so no one.

msharafan
May 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Serena, Maria, azarenka but I dont have any savings :-)

Miracle Worker
May 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Serena, Maria, Na.

I wouldn't pick Aga, Petra and Vika. And of course the rest of players.

linkoln
May 20th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Serena
Masha
.
.
.
.
Then everyone else.

In The Zone
May 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka. It's going to be one of those 3.

Shvedbarilescu
May 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
The favourites : Serena, Maria, Na. These are the three I would put my money on and I'd say there is a good 65% chance one of these three will win. (Broken down percentages...Serena 35% Maria 18% and Na 12%.)

The outsiders : Vika and Sammy. Not as likely to win as the favs but both these girls do have a very decent realistic shot at the title. I'd say there is a 20% chance one of these two will win the title. (Broken down percentages...Both Vika and Sammy 10%)

The longshots : Radwanska, Kvitova, Kerber, Wozniacki, Ivanovic and Barthel. These six could all do quite well, possibly getting to the semifinals with a decent draw. But it is pretty unlikely any of them will win. Still stranger things have happened on the WTA tour and I'd give these 6 girls a combined 13% shot at the title. (Broken down percentages...Aga and Petra 4% each, Angie 2% and Caro, Ana and Mona 1% each.)

The rest : That means everyone else, well shock results can sometimes happen in sport. I'd say there is about a 2% shot that a completely unheralded player could surprise us all in three weeks time. It's a remote possibility but you never know.

zigga
May 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Maria
Serena





Vika

JRena
May 20th, 2012, 09:20 PM
This is RG and last few years it's been a mess.

So Angelique Kerber will prob win.

Vaidisova
May 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Serena
Maria
Vika

NashaMasha
May 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
:confused: How can I bet my life on three players to win one title? :p

But seriously, I can't see the winner not being one of:

1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova

With an outside chance of a Sam Stosur upset.

:worship:

I agree that top favorite should be called Serena as she has 2 "clay" titles and a victory over the owner of 2 other clay titles

Thus my top 3
1)Serena
2)Maria
3)Vika

I should mention Li Na, Petra Kvitova, Sam Stosur, Angie Kerber, Ana Ivanovic!!! and Venus Williams !! as players who can reach QF (at least)

SHILIN-GOAT
May 21st, 2012, 01:38 AM
The favourites : Serena, Maria, Na. These are the three I would put my money on and I'd say there is a good 65% chance one of these three will win. (Broken down percentages...Serena 35% Maria 18% and Na 12%.)

The outsiders : Vika and Sammy. Not as likely to win as the favs but both these girls do have a very decent realistic shot at the title. I'd say there is a 20% chance one of these two will win the title. (Broken down percentages...Both Vika and Sammy 10%)

The longshots : Radwanska, Kvitova, Kerber, Wozniacki, Ivanovic and Barthel. These six could all do quite well, possibly getting to the semifinals with a decent draw. But it is pretty unlikely any of them will win. Still stranger things have happened on the WTA tour and I'd give these 6 girls a combined 13% shot at the title. (Broken down percentages...Aga and Petra 4% each, Angie 2% and Caro, Ana and Mona 1% each.)

The rest : That means everyone else, well shock results can sometimes happen in sport. I'd say there is about a 2% shot that a completely unheralded player could surprise us all in three weeks time. It's a remote possibility but you never know.

love how you gave them specific percentages :drool:

I think

Serena 50%
Na 20%
Vika 15%
Maria 10%
Sam 4%
the rest 1% :tape:

Tennisation
May 21st, 2012, 01:48 AM
Well based on the clay season, your top 3 performers are in this order:

1. Serena - Winner of Charleston, Madrid - undefeated during the clay season
2. Maria - Winner of Stuttgart, Rome
3. Vika - Finalist of Stuttgart, Madrid

So I'm betting all my money on Angelique Kerber

In The Zone
May 21st, 2012, 01:52 AM
Stubbs said today that she would put the following people in order of favorites: Vika, Serena, Kvitova, Sharapova, Stosur, Li.

Temperenka
May 21st, 2012, 01:53 AM
1. Serena
2. Maria
3. Sam

Brad[le]y.
May 21st, 2012, 01:54 AM
1. Sarin
2. Masha
3. Vika (depending on if her injury is serious) otherwise Nana

Renalicious
May 21st, 2012, 01:56 AM
1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova

[Outsiders: Li Na, Petra Kvitova, Sam Stosur, Angelique Kerber]

SHILIN-GOAT
May 21st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Stubbs said today that she would put the following people in order of favorites: Vika, Serena, Kvitova, Sharapova, Stosur, Li.

why is Vika in front of Serena?

why is Petra in front of Sharapova?

why is Sam in front of Li?

Hardiansf
May 21st, 2012, 02:50 AM
My picks:
1. Serena
2. Na
3. Vika

Other contenders:
4. Maria
5. Petra
6. Aga

In The Zone
May 21st, 2012, 02:53 AM
why is Vika in front of Serena?

why is Petra in front of Sharapova?

why is Sam in front of Li?

Tweet Stubbs.

Justin SW
May 21st, 2012, 02:57 AM
Stubbs is an idiot :lol:

1. Serena
2. Na
3. Stosur/Sharapova

Na is RG defending champion and played well on "real clay" in Rome.
Stosur always does good at RG.
Sharapova is playing quite well but if she has to face Serena forget her.
Serena ... nothing much to say. She's just the best at the moment.

Vincey!
May 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM
Serena
Maria
Li Na

hellas719
May 21st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka ;)
If I could pick 5 I would add Kvitova and Stosur :p

CelesteBlanca
May 21st, 2012, 05:06 AM
Serena
Vika
Petra

just believe that

Gilas.
May 21st, 2012, 05:41 AM
Serena
Sharapova
Stosur



(Na as dark horse ;))

Vuvurenka
May 21st, 2012, 06:02 AM
1. Serena
2. Maria
3. Vika

faboozadoo15
May 21st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Who has Li Na beaten on clay this year? Cibulkova and Kerber?

I'd have to say:
1. Serena
2. Maria
3. Vika

Just like almost everyone else. They've shown they can win big titles and/or beat top players on clay. If these 3, plus Li/Stosur/Kvitova/maybe Kerber are in the SF, we'll have had an amazing tournament.

Christinawww
May 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
tough to pick 3 IMO. Had it been just two I would fairly easily go with

1. S. Williams
2. Sharapova

I'm uncertain about who to pick for the 3rd: Vika, Li, Stosur, maybe even Kvitova...

3. Li (sorry Vika, but that one match on red outdoor clay really doesn't say much about your play on it)

DefyingGravity
May 21st, 2012, 06:14 AM
1. Sharapova
2. Serena
3. Stosur

Trickle
May 21st, 2012, 06:46 AM
1. Serena
2. Maria
3. Vika

Na winning another RG title is a bit 'Whoa, really?' for me. Serena, Maria and Vika all have an extra motivation to win it.

stromatolite
May 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM
Wouldn't bet my life savings, but if I had to make a bet it would be:

Serena
Sam
Maria

bobito
May 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM
Novak Djokovic. None of the current women are worth betting an hour's pay on at Roland Garros never mind life savings.

Setsuna.
May 21st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Serena only.

Igor_Biscan
May 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM
Three clear favourites. Serena, Vika, Sharapova, in that order.

:lol: at the Li hype after a tournament where she showed the same inconsistent form as ever. I'd put Stosur ahead of her as she's less likely to bomb out against some random opponent.

purerandomness
May 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Sam
Maria
Ashleigh Barty

Sharakim
May 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
I have no life savings to speak of so....

Top Three Favorites:

1. Serena Williams
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Victoria Azarenka

Dark Horses

4. Li Na
5. Petra Kvitova
6. Sam Stosur

égalité
May 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM
Serena, Maria, Sam :shrug:

serendipitynow
May 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
1. Maria
2. Ana :sobbing:
3. Serena

SHILIN-GOAT
May 22nd, 2012, 03:33 AM
why there are 2 other similar threads :spit:

le bon vivant
May 22nd, 2012, 03:38 AM
Sharapova
Sharapova
Sharapova

@danieln1
May 22nd, 2012, 03:41 AM
Evert
Seles
Christine
Peak Pierce

ScrubLove
May 22nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
Peak Pierce
Peak Barthel
Peak Hradecka

:angel:

hpme
May 22nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
Li Na
Petra Kvitova
Serena Williams
...
..
.

Wait, I'd love to name Kim also:drool:

Kairi
May 22nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
Maria CLAY-GOAT Sharapova.

tammywilson52
May 22nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
I would go with
1. Sharapova
2. Williams
3. Barthel

Derek.
May 22nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
S. Williams
Azarenka
Sharapova

ServeCaspian
Jun 17th, 2012, 04:00 AM
NA-MUG lost everything, just because he was pressed. :sobbing:

le bon vivant
Jun 17th, 2012, 04:24 AM
NA-MUG lost everything, just because he was pressed. :sobbing:Still finding threads to bump? :facepalm: