PDA

View Full Version : EMINEM'S EXPLOSIVE AFFAIR WITH MARIAH CAREY


CHOCO
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:44 PM
EMINEM'S EXPLOSIVE AFFAIR WITH MARIAH CAREY
November 15, 2002 Provided by:

Rapper Eminem was driven nuts by an unstable, heavy-boozing Mariah Carey -- until the real Slim Shady finally stood up and gave her the boot, says his former nanny.


But Mariah wouldn't let go and plagued the rap star with repeated attempts to heal the rift, nanny J.R. Watkins told The ENQUIRER.

The issue that goes on sale Friday reveals how Mariah claimed she'd cut her wrist to get Eminem's attention, tells of the bizarre scene that ended his romance with "8 Mile" co-star Brittany Murphy . . . and more.

K155-k155
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:07 PM
?

HAIL-VENUS
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:13 PM
OMG!!! This is so not true. Is it? I've never heard anything about them going out. I think this is another one of the ENQUIRER'S fabrications.

england_rules
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:19 PM
This is fake!

Williams Rulez
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:56 AM
How can you be so sure??

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:45 AM
is anyone out there really stupid enough to believe this shit? and why post it?

How can you be so sure??

please. this is the ENQUIRER.. one of the most notoriously iresponsible trash papers in the world... if they ever published something that was TRUE it would be a shocking event

this is the same paper that had a picture of Hillary Clinton's affair with an ALIEN last time i was in the convenience store... yes, there was actually a photo of her standing with an alien

the people who buy these things and support them need a good slap

Williams Rulez
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:49 AM
LOL, I didn't see that it was from the Enquirer... :o

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:53 AM
and The Washington Post published a FAKE story that won a Pulitzer Prize. So how stupid can they be? So what gives??

Richie77
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Poe
this is the same paper that had a picture of Hillary Clinton's affair with an ALIEN last time i was in the convenience store... yes, there was actually a photo of her standing with an alien

LOL, I remember that! There was also a follow-up story: "Hillary's Alien Boyfriend Gives Her Sexy Valentine Day's Gift." And there's Hillary, holding some lingerie.

the people who buy these things and support them need a good slap

Oh, pfffff....everybody who reads it just reads it to laugh at it. I know because I've read it before on occasion, and laughed. The Enquirer is NOT to be taken seriously!

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Eminem dated Mariah Carey

(2002-06-15) Eminem has confirmed he dated Mariah Carey last year, just before she plunged into a nervous breakdown.

The infamous rap superstar and pop princess were rumoured to have enjoyed a string of romantic engagements last summer.

However, only now has the speculation been confirmed by the 'Don of Disgust', with a couple of tracks on his new album 'The Eminem Show' also seemingly alluding to their relationship.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, Eminem recently confessed: "There is truth to the story. Now I respect her as a singer but on a personal level I'm not really feeling it.

"I just don't like her as a person. I learned a lesson from it - don't believe the hype. She doesn't really have it all together".

Meanwhile, on both 'Superman' and 'When The Music Stops', Carey appears to be namechecked in less than positive terms.

On 'Superman', he raps: "Bitch if you died, wouldn't buy you life / What you tryin' to be, my new wife? / What you Mariah? Fly through twice / But I do know one thing though / Bitches they come they go."
[dotmusic]

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:02 AM
July 21, 2001 - The New York Daily News reports the Eminem-Mariah Carey meeting last weekend may have ended her 3 year romance with Luis Miguel. Write Mitchell Fink says, "There is little doubt in my mind that the pop diva and the artist formerly known as Marshall Mathers 3rd have struck up a relationship that goes beyond business."

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Eminem Dumps Mariah With A Phone Call
Posted July 15, 2002 at 11:02 AM CST

By Heather Koehler


Mariah Carey thought the relationship was on the up, but rapper badboy Eminem had a different view.

Just one week after the passing of her father, Eminem called Mariah and ended their four-month relationship in a quick, to-the-point phone call.

A friend of the Glitter star says, "Mariah is in pieces...She wasn't expecting wedding bells but she loved his company and thought the relationship was going well. It's his terrible timing - and the cowardly way he chose to end things - that has really hurt her."

Definitely not "one sweet day" for Mariah.

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:06 AM
Eminem already said in an interview on television (access hollywood) that he and mariah were dating

it is the rest of this garbage about her threatening to slit her wrists that is utter BS

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Just because something is written about in the Enquirer, it doesn't mean that it's false. No doubt most articles that appear in the Enquirer is false but NOT ALL.

I was aware that Eminem and Mariah were an item months ago. I didn't need the Enquirer, that JUST came out with the story, to tell me about their fling.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:17 AM
I thought you were taking issue that at one time they were an item.

That stuff about her allegedly trying to slit her wrist over Eminem...I don't know. I do know that she did exhibit some bizarre behavior last year. We will just have to wait and see if it will come out in the wash or not.

BasicTennis
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:25 AM
One thing is certain, there's always an explosion happening in their bedroom.:o

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:28 AM
I thought you were taking issue that at one time they were an item.

that explains it.. i was going to ask what you were trying to prove with all your articles

her breakdown last year had absolutely nothing to do with eminem.. it was her work ethic that she has had ever since recording her first album

she doesn't eat properly, she goes days without sleeping and puts out an album every single year... that is what drove her over the edge, and she said it numerous times... "i wasn't depressed, i was friggin' exhausted"

given that my friend just saw that eminem interview on access holywood only like last week i would suspect they are still dating and all of this drama is nonsense

i just watched a very recent interview with mariah as well and she is together, and happy, and motivated.... despite what people think of her because of the trash that's published, real fans that have been following her career and know a lot about her, know that she handles her fame and success EXTREMELY well compared to most superstars.

she just overworked herself like many 'normal' people do.


No doubt most articles that appear in the Enquirer is false but NOT ALL.

i disagree. I think a FEW articles are BASED on truth, but at some point they ALL get an enquirer twist put on them and some bullshit is thrown into every single article to help sell copies, which makes the article false and misleading.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:43 AM
is anyone out there really stupid enough to believe this shit? and why post it?


you didn't specify what part of the story was "shit". Personally, I thought you were taking issue that they were an item. That's why I posted the articles to buttress my point that they were an item.


There is no denying that Mariah did behave bizarrely last year despite the spin that some people want to put on it. So I'm not putting it past her. I'm a big fan of hers and I hope for her continued success.

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by CHOCO



you didn't specify what part of the story was "shit". Personally, I thought you were taking issue that they were an item.


that's because i didn't think "part" of the article was shit.. the WHOLE article is shit. Maybe you should read it again. It's not an article reporting that Eminem and Mariah were dating. It strictly reports on how it was ended and that Mariah is an "unstable" and "heavy boozing" person. It's an article that has no purpose but to trash her.

i'm surprised to read you're a fan. No other mariah fan i know would post an article like this.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:42 AM
and no true fan of any star that I know of would swallow hook, line and sinker EVERYTHYING that the stars put out there in the public as spin control. You weren't there neither was I. So we don't really know exactly what went down with Eminem and Mariah, now do we?

So we will have to see what J.R. Watkins has to say about what she knows about what happened between Mariah and Eminem. If she's lying, she will be sued, if the story sticks, then we move on. But for you to outright dismiss what's going to come out about Mariah before the article comes out is a bit premature, you think??


So before you go around swallowing whole and believing everything that the artists that you are a fan of says or what their people put out as spin control, be a bit discerning and take what they say with a grain of salt.

Mariah isn't an angel, neither is Eminem. So it's not beyond the realm of possiblity that some shit and drama went down between those two.

LeonHart
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:04 AM
I hate these rumors that make stars look like scams....:(

YemenMaltaGirl
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Yeah guys, everyone who didn't know Mariah and Eminem dated, where have you been?

Car Key Boi
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Poe



her breakdown last year had absolutely nothing to do with eminem.. it was her work ethic that she has had ever since recording her first album

Not true

her nervous breakdown occurred when she came home one night, to discover that I had keyed the shit out of her entire collection of fine automobiles.

Car Key Boi :cool:

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 08:27 AM
So before you go around swallowing whole and believing everything that the artists that you are a fan of says or what their people put out as spin control, be a bit discerning and take what they say with a grain of salt.

somebody who posts a total trash enquirer article on the board is talking down to me about being discerning

interesting.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 12:26 PM
again, we will see when the article comes out if it's "trash" as you say or it's true.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 12:49 PM
MARIAH PUTS THE MOVES ON P. DIDDY
November 18, 2002 Provided by: STAR


TROUBLED Mariah Carey is obsessed with hip-hop mogul Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and determined to get him to make a new woman out of her.

Mariah believes that P. Diddy - and only P. Diddy - can wave a magic wand and restore the luster to her tarnished stardom, insiders reveal.

And, they add, the distressed diva is seizing every opportunity to see and be seen with Combs.

When Mariah spotted the rap impresario at a party Oct. 28 at New York's Roseland Ballroom, she was all over him, as these up-close and personal photos show.

"Mariah was gushing all over Puffy," an eyewitness tells Star. "He gave her a peck on the cheek, but she couldn't keep her hands off him. It looked like she wanted everyone to see her with Sean."

Mariah's motivation is simple, says a source close to the 32-year-old singer: "She's sick with worry over her career."

Her mission is to receive a total musical makeover from P. Diddy, who made a name for himself producing music ranging from hard-core gangsta rap to bubblegum teen pop, and by cultivating artists like former lover Jennifer Lopez.

When Through the Rain, the first single from Mariah's new Charmbracelet album, came out in September, it bombed.

Still, if sultry Mariah retired today, her place in music history would be assured: She's sold more than 125 million albums worldwide.

Her last major hit was Heartbreakers, in 1999, which was No. 1 for two weeks and stayed on Billboard magazine's Top 40 chart for 14 weeks.

But since then, Mariah's career has been in a tailspin.

Her much-publicized "emotional and physical" breakdown in July 2001, following her breakup with Mexican singer Luis Miguel, landed her in a Connecticut mental hospital for weeks.

Things looked even grimmer after a brief fling with raunchy rapper Eminem, the embarrassment of having Virgin Records pay her $30 million to buy out the remainder of her $80 million contract and her flop Glitter soundtrack album.

Compounding her problems, Mariah sought comfort in food and gained a huge amount of weight. She had to check herself into an exclusive fat farm earlier this year.

But insiders tell Star that music-business pals recently confronted Mariah and told her bluntly that she's not selling because she's boring.

"They said: 'You have to spice it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself,'" says a source.

They also pointed how Jennifer Lopez's musical career soared after she hooked up with 33-year-old P. Diddy. Now Mariah is obsessed with getting the same treatment.

Her publicist, Cindi Berger, says the couple's dealings are strictly business for now. "They're friends, that's all I can tell you," says Berger.

But sources close to Mariah say she's set on having P. Diddy take her under his wing.

"The bottom line is Mariah feels P. Diddy is strong, successful and sexy," says a source.

"In Mariah's eyes, he's the answer to a whole lot of her problems on a whole lot of levels."

vw43
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
lol @ this thread!

Choco and Poe: You two need to play nice. I don't think Choco was intentionally trying to spread trash about Mariah. It's tabloids. Generally there is some truth to the article as well as a bunch of overexaggerated filler.

Mariah Carey has tons of talent - she just needs a bit of a career makeover.

The press is certainly not making things any easier for her, it appears - but most celebrities deal with it at some time or another...I'm sure Mariah's laughing all the way to the bank ;) (winkey face..)

Poe
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:12 PM
I don't think Choco was intentionally trying to spread trash about Mariah

No?

Originally posted by CHOCO
EMINEM'S EXPLOSIVE AFFAIR WITH MARIAH CAREY
November 15, 2002 Provided by:

Rapper Eminem was driven nuts by an unstable, heavy-boozing Mariah Carey -- until the real Slim Shady finally stood up and gave her the boot, says his former nanny.


But Mariah wouldn't let go and plagued the rap star with repeated attempts to heal the rift, nanny J.R. Watkins told The ENQUIRER.

The issue that goes on sale Friday reveals how Mariah claimed she'd cut her wrist to get Eminem's attention, tells of the bizarre scene that ended his romance with "8 Mile" co-star Brittany Murphy . . . and more.

Originally posted by CHOCO
Eminem dated Mariah Carey

(2002-06-15) Eminem has confirmed he dated Mariah Carey last year, just before she plunged into a nervous breakdown.

The infamous rap superstar and pop princess were rumoured to have enjoyed a string of romantic engagements last summer.

However, only now has the speculation been confirmed by the 'Don of Disgust', with a couple of tracks on his new album 'The Eminem Show' also seemingly alluding to their relationship.

According to UK tabloid The Sun, Eminem recently confessed: "There is truth to the story. Now I respect her as a singer but on a personal level I'm not really feeling it.

"I just don't like her as a person. I learned a lesson from it - don't believe the hype. She doesn't really have it all together".

Meanwhile, on both 'Superman' and 'When The Music Stops', Carey appears to be namechecked in less than positive terms.

On 'Superman', he raps: "Bitch if you died, wouldn't buy you life / What you tryin' to be, my new wife? / What you Mariah? Fly through twice / But I do know one thing though / Bitches they come they go."
[dotmusic]

Originally posted by CHOCO
MARIAH PUTS THE MOVES ON P. DIDDY
November 18, 2002 Provided by: STAR


TROUBLED Mariah Carey is obsessed with hip-hop mogul Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and determined to get him to make a new woman out of her.

Mariah believes that P. Diddy - and only P. Diddy - can wave a magic wand and restore the luster to her tarnished stardom, insiders reveal.

And, they add, the distressed diva is seizing every opportunity to see and be seen with Combs.

When Mariah spotted the rap impresario at a party Oct. 28 at New York's Roseland Ballroom, she was all over him, as these up-close and personal photos show.

"Mariah was gushing all over Puffy," an eyewitness tells Star. "He gave her a peck on the cheek, but she couldn't keep her hands off him. It looked like she wanted everyone to see her with Sean."

Mariah's motivation is simple, says a source close to the 32-year-old singer: "She's sick with worry over her career."

Her mission is to receive a total musical makeover from P. Diddy, who made a name for himself producing music ranging from hard-core gangsta rap to bubblegum teen pop, and by cultivating artists like former lover Jennifer Lopez.

When Through the Rain, the first single from Mariah's new Charmbracelet album, came out in September, it bombed.

Still, if sultry Mariah retired today, her place in music history would be assured: She's sold more than 125 million albums worldwide.

Her last major hit was Heartbreakers, in 1999, which was No. 1 for two weeks and stayed on Billboard magazine's Top 40 chart for 14 weeks.

But since then, Mariah's career has been in a tailspin.

Her much-publicized "emotional and physical" breakdown in July 2001, following her breakup with Mexican singer Luis Miguel, landed her in a Connecticut mental hospital for weeks.

Things looked even grimmer after a brief fling with raunchy rapper Eminem, the embarrassment of having Virgin Records pay her $30 million to buy out the remainder of her $80 million contract and her flop Glitter soundtrack album.

Compounding her problems, Mariah sought comfort in food and gained a huge amount of weight. She had to check herself into an exclusive fat farm earlier this year.

But insiders tell Star that music-business pals recently confronted Mariah and told her bluntly that she's not selling because she's boring.

"They said: 'You have to spice it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself,'" says a source.

They also pointed how Jennifer Lopez's musical career soared after she hooked up with 33-year-old P. Diddy. Now Mariah is obsessed with getting the same treatment.

Her publicist, Cindi Berger, says the couple's dealings are strictly business for now. "They're friends, that's all I can tell you," says Berger.

But sources close to Mariah say she's set on having P. Diddy take her under his wing.

"The bottom line is Mariah feels P. Diddy is strong, successful and sexy," says a source.

"In Mariah's eyes, he's the answer to a whole lot of her problems on a whole lot of levels."


All he is posting is tabloid trash that puts Mariah Carey in a bad light....

i feel sorry for the people who believe this stuff lol

vw43
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Kisses to Poe and a wavey.

It's just gossip and most of us are smart enough not believe everything we read..but I understand your point..I get pissy when people say mean things about my boy Beckham..winky face..lol

CC
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Eminem is back with his wife...ex-wife...who had a child with another man during the time they were separated.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:30 PM
it's public record, I'm not making this stuff up. perhaps her oversensitive fans should do what she should do, get over it and move on. lol

Stars know they can't have it both ways, good press when they have hit singles and bad press when they exhibit bizarre behavior in the public, failed relationships, bombed movie performances,etc.

And if I find more info about Mariah, I'll post that as well.

CHOCO
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Mariah Carey: Looking out for No. 1

Despite harsh reviews and weak box office for her big-screen starring vehicle, "Glitter," Mariah Carey has rebounded nicely. Her Greatest Hits double album arrives in stores December 4, the same day she releases her inspirational songs "Never Too Far" and "Hero" on a Christmas maxi-single with proceeds going to the New York City Police Foundation Heroes Fund.

Still, it has been a tough few months for Mariah, with her breakdown and hospitalization, the "Glitter" experience and post-9/11 trauma that all of us have gone through. Now that things are getting back on track for her, Carey told David P. Levin that she's trying to take life easier ... and look out for #1.

***

MTV: Let's talk about the Glitter album.

Mariah Carey: To me, Glitter is one of my best albums. A lot of people got confused, not knowing whether it was a soundtrack or an album or what. There's a song called "Lead the Way" which I did on "Ally McBeal," and it's coming out in January. I sang the song on [the show]. It's one of those ballads that basically everybody that's been following my career says reminds them of a "Vision of Love"-type record, and that's one of my favorite songs from the record. It also has fun, uptempo [songs]. The cool thing for me is to be able to tie in "Never Too Far" and "Hero." Having the Greatest Hits coming out, to be able to tie in both those records is almost like a circle.

MTV: The single that's being released for Christmas, how did that come about?

Mariah: I started doing different charity events where I did a combination of "Never Too Far" and "Hero." We made it into a medley and put them in the same key and made it work. People responded really well to it. It's been interesting for me, since the events of September 11, the way people have been playing "Hero" and really even talking to me about "Never Too Far," 'cause that song is also about loss. I figured that it would be a nice thing to do, to put them both out for Christmas. There's also an unreleased track on the B-side, which is called "There for Me" which kind of has the same sentiment. The proceeds from "Never Too Far" and "Hero" and "There for Me" are going to go to the Heroes Fund, and it's going to benefit police officers' families, relief workers' families.

yoyo
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Someone seems to really focused on destrying Mariah image ! you guys are "complices"