1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Caroline Wozniacki or Kim Clijsters in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Nicole Vaidisova. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. In the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurrence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identified like this:
BACK-UP PICK – “Slammin” Sammy Stosur
If it is not clearly identified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The seeds will be based on the Suicide Rankings. The Top EIGHT ranked players to commit will be given a bye and will not be required to make a pick on Day One.
Might one of the seeded players not make a pick at the next day, then the next highest rank player will given a bye for day 1. The original day 1 pick for that player will be cancelled.
6. To sign up, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week. If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
Ranking Points for Suicide Sydney (Premier)
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 30
DAY 3: 60
DAY 4: 90
DAY 5: 200
DAY 6: 320 (No Pick)
DAY 6: 380 (Invalid)
DAY 6: 470 (Winner)
Time in Sydney Use this (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/)
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=7160848#post7160848)
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=284396&page=80)
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT Not Available
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Suicide Sydney Entry List
03. (003) NyCPsU..............(USA) (BYE, Peer, Li, Kleybanova, Clijsters, Day 6: No Pick) Champion
Day 5 Statistics
Most Picked: Jovanovski (6), Clijsters (2), Kleybanova (1)
Best Pick: Clijsters (4/6 6/3 7/6) - For 4/5 days, this lady has been the best pick... and the winning pick today for NyCPsU
Seeds/Challengers Out: 0/7
Seeds/Challengers Remaining: 1/1 (0/0 with Day 6 Pick)
Suicide Player of the Day: The Suicide Tennis Sydney Champion 2011: NyCPsU - Congrats to the No/3 in the Rankings for a comprehensive victory this week, navigating the Pennetta suicide and using Clijsters later then most others in the week for the first Premier Title of the year...
Day 4 Statistics
Most Picked: Pennetta (20), Cibulkova (11), Kleybanova (7), Clijsters (2)
Best Pick: Clijsters (6/3 6/2) - Even though the scoreline says 'easy victory', it was anything but with Kim facing 14 BP's...
Seeds/Challengers Out: 6/25
Seeds/Challengers Remaining: 1/8
Suicide Player of the Day: The "Last Players Standing" Award: Those that are Left - A day when we see the firld go from 40 to 9, all those who picked Clijsters and Kleybanova, congratulations on not falling victim to the first major suicide of the year...
Day 3 Statistics
Most Picked: Li (32), Rezai (7), Wozniacki (6), Azarenka (4), Stosur (4), Clijsters (2), Zvonareva (2), Jovanovski (1), Kleybanova (1), Martinez Sanchez (1), No Pick (2)
Best Pick: Clijsters (6/1 6/4) - another clinical victory for the World No/ 3 and only Top 6 seed left...
Seeds/Challengers Out: 1/21
Seeds/Challengers Remaining: 7/33
Suicide Player of the Day: The "Failures of Qantas" Award: BOEING 717 - Just like most of the Qantas engines, this boeing 717 has had a failure mid flight. Many people will also be disappointed with this result as it leaves Day 1 Most Picked, Sveta, still in the tournament...
Day 2 Statistics
Most Picked: Peer (31), Li (13), Pennetta (10), Petrova (9), Azarenka (4), Kanepi (4), Kirilenko (2), Razzano (2), Jovanovski (1), Kleybanova (1), No Pick (3)
Best Pick: Li (6/1 6/2) - Showed that she is a 'virtual' Top 10 player (with Lena retired)...
Seeds/Challengers Out: 0/18
Seeds/Challengers Remaining: 8/54
Suicide Player of the Day: The "Ironic Name" Award: Wrongagain - Unortunately for this player, their name tell you the story of the for those who picked Kanepi...
Day 1 Statistics
Most Picked: Kuznetsova (57), Clijsters (17), Dokic (1)
Best Pick: Clijsters (6/1 6/2) - May have been the best scoreline, but will she lose beofre the final???
Seeds/Challengers Out: 0/2
Seeds/Challengers Remaining: 8/72
Suicide Player of the Day: The "Last Come, Last Served" Award: wtatourfan - Fortunately for 57 of you that this person is out, otherwise you all would be. The only person to pick other then Kuzzy and Kim, and the only person eliminated on Day 1...
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
In!!! Commit Now!!!
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
In please :)
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Im so in :), been tempted by Hobart but Sydney :)
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Jan 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Thank you manager for running this event :)
Jan 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:34 PM
In, thanks :)
Jan 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Jan 8th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I think I'm gonna try.
Jan 8th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Day 1 Pick: Clijsters
back Up: Dokic
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Day 1: Kuznetsova
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Day 1: Kuznetsova
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Pick : Clijsters
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Jan 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
BU Kim Clijsters