* In fourth professional tournament, upset 18th-ranked Amy Frazier at 1995 Oakland in second round 4-6, 6-3. 6-3; fell to eventual champion Magdalena Maleeva in quarterfinals
* Won first-ever pro match 6-3, 6-4 against No. 59-ranked Shaun Stafford at 1994 Oakland; fell to world No. 2 Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in three sets in second round after holding a 6-3, 3-0 lead
* Coached by father, Richard Williams; previously coached by Rick Macci for four years
* Received award in 1995 from the Sports Image Foundation for conducting tennis clinics in low-income areas; the Foundation encourages, nutures and honors sportsmen and sportswomen for their community service activities
* Favorite shot is the overhead; favors hard courts; all-court style
* Signed multiyear contract with Reebok in 1995 to wear its footwear and apparel
* Started playing at 4 1/2 years of age on neighborhood courts; most of family plays tennis
Father, Richard, is manager and coach; mother, Oracene, is a homemaker; sisters are Isha, Serena, Lyndrea and Yetunde... Serena plays on the tour... Has a pet dog, Queen... Favorite colors are pink and corn blue; favorite movies are Ace Ventura Pet Detective and Meteor Man; favorite song is Prayer For the Dying; favorite flower is the carnation... Other sports interests include swimming and in-line skating... Likes to go to the movies and the arcade and also likes to read... Takes guitar lessons... Favorite places to visit are waterparks... Admires John McEnroe.