Hey all, I just arrived in San Francisco yesterday and am staying in Haight Ashbury. Any suggestions for what places I must visit or things I must do while I'm here? I'm from LA and it's my first time here.
Jun 8th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I thought you were from a foreign country when I read the thread title...:unsure:
I cant help...sorry...been to San Fran once and that was only to experience the drive down the coast to LA.
Jun 8th, 2009, 04:26 AM
0f course Golden Gate Bridge
Burger place at Ferry Building Marketplace
Ton Kiang has great dim sum, at geary blvd bewteen 22 and 23 avenue.
Jun 8th, 2009, 04:35 AM
I thought you were never gonna go :unsure: anyhow if you like Chinese food even at all go to ChinaTown, cause it's gooood there.
Jun 8th, 2009, 04:41 AM
you're on haight street? :hehehe:
if you smoke, theres lots of cool little shops that have accessories.
if not, they have lots of cool little clothing shops on the street.
also, id recommend fog city diner for dinner. one of the best burgers ive had. :drool:
Jun 8th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Go egg Pelosi's house. :D
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
The burger place in Ferry building is Taylor's right? It's sooo overpriced. Btw, today I went to Qbar, Lookout (very empty) and bar and church. The crowd is here kind of old or ghetto! Can't find any guys my (college) age...
And I live more like on Steiner St. at Haight.
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM
if your looking for guys, there's always the castro district. :p
Jun 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
such an amazing song, one of my favorite ever :inlove:
Jun 9th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Used to live there. How much time do you have? Gosh, so many places...
- Cool neighborhoods to go for a walk: Fillmore St.(Pacific Heights), Union St.(Cow Hollow), Chestnut St.(Marina)
- Take the MUNI (above ground trolley car) from the Embarcadero(good place to lunch during the week) to Fisherman's Wharf(fun but a bit touristy)
- Walk along the marina from Fisherman's Wharf to the Marina green
- Take the cable car from Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square, great shopping district
- Drive down Lombard Street(crookedest street, forget where it stars) if you have a car, take the cable car there if you don't, great view
- If you have a car, drive up to Twin Peaks at night, amazing view of San Francisco
- Some of our favorite restaurants:
Thai: Yukol Place, 2380 Lombard Street (Marina)
Sushi: Toraya, 1914 Fillmore St. (Pacific Heights)
Mexican: Cha Cha Cha, 1801 Haight St.(Haight-Ashbury)
Singaporean: Strait's Cafe, 845 Market St. (downtown)
Vietnamese: the Slanted Door, 1 Ferry Building
Italian: boy, so many!! Go to North Beach. I used to love the calzones at, where else? Calzone's!
Gourmet Burgers: Barney's Burger, 3344 Steiner St. (Marina)
Oh don't miss this: have a martini at dusk at the Carnelian Room, it's at the top of the Bank of America building, 555 California St.. and watch the lights come on! Amazing view.
Jun 9th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Wow, thanks for the advice on restaurants! I went to Ton Kiang and the dim sum was really, really good, except for the Xiao Long Bao.
What about gay bars/lounges? I went to Qbar and the music was really good - hip hop/pop - but the place was small. Where else would I go to enjoy that kind of music?