PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay on her and Kim's comebacks


iGOAT
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:02 AM
She is commentating the Hantuchova match and they were talking about Kim playing exhibitions and Lindsay said she thought Kim would play some tour events too, then the guy asked if she thought Kim might call to ask for advice on how to travel and train with a baby and Lindsay said they have emailed about it and that's why she thinks Kim will come back :bounce:

But it did NOT sound like Linds will :sad:

jjcrew#1
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Kim!!! Come Back!

Lindsayfan32
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm a bit surprised by Kim making a comeback she said when she retired there would be no comeback but never say never. You don't train with a trainer and a coach to play some hit and giggle excos. As for Lindsay if there is any truth to Lindsay not coming back after baby number 2 then good luck to her with her future plans both family and other wise. I looking forward to hearing her commintate more.

Robert-KimClijst
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Yeah, she seemed sure about it. She even said, "It will be interesting to see how Kim handles dealing with her kid when she returns."

It definitely sounded like she was not coming back, though. Lindsay made it sound so difficult with one kid on the tour, I think coming back with two would be impossible for her. At least she's commentating.

Leo_DFP
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Well Lindsay will have to wait and see after giving birth again. It's harder for her, but not impossible if she wants to.

Lindsay did reveal insight on the pressures of playing and travelling while also mothering a baby. But it was nice to hear the optimistic news that Kim could very well come back. The Belgian Clijsters supporters will be very very happy to hear this!

Fabunny
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I predicted that Clijsters would return to the tour last week.:devil:

Clijsters is a glutton for punishment. She would say she was injured and still show up to play. I don't think she will be playing the type of ridiculous schedule that she played pre-marriage and baby, but I expect her to return.

With the death of her father, I'm sure she wants to get the most out of her tennis career while she is still young enough to do it. She has the marriage and the baby - which she always wanted, time to get back to work.

I'm sure Kim lost a good deal of money with the economic decline (just like everyone else). What better way to rebuild

friendsita
Mar 17th, 2009, 05:38 AM
come back kim plz

Lindsayfan32
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
come back kim plz
Hear hear. If there is any fact to the rumour Lindsay going to retire then I want Kim to come back too. come to think of it I want Kim to comeback anyway. :)

skanky~skanketta
Mar 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
OMG! That would be so freaking awesome!

SV_Fan
Mar 17th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I predicted that Clijsters would return to the tour last week.:devil:

Clijsters is a glutton for punishment. She would say she was injured and still show up to play. I don't think she will be playing the type of ridiculous schedule that she played pre-marriage and baby, but I expect her to return.

With the death of her father, I'm sure she wants to get the most out of her tennis career while she is still young enough to do it. She has the marriage and the baby - which she always wanted, time to get back to work.

I'm sure Kim lost a good deal of money with the economic decline (just like everyone else). What better way to rebuild


kimmy was a tourneywhore?

Elldee
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I believe Kim when she said she wanted to preserve her body for later in life and think that it was a good decision. Lindsay, in contrast, has basically played her knee into the ground and when she's in her late 40's and older she will struggle to play tennis and sport generally, IMO [recreationally, I mean]. Maybe her money will help her solve it with surgery but it's undoubtedly going to be an issue in the future. Having said that, Kim is very very young still so I'm not 100% sure or anything.

Trulz
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
That is such great news, the game would be so much more interesting with Kim back in action!!!

schorsch
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
commintate

It happened again :lol: You must hate that word :lol:

The Dawntreader
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
kimmy was a tourneywhore?

Just a tad!:lol:

Dave.
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
They email each other? That's so cool. :hearts: I wonder if they ever talk about the tour or their matches.

"Hey, remember when I beat you 6 times in a row?" or "Hey, remember when I beat you at every slam?" Just my own imagination :lol:


I'd love either of them to come back!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I always loved Kim vs Serena matches like 1999 USO and 2003 Aus Open. Some fantastic matches :worship:

vwfan
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I would love to have them both back. That would be great.

Linds is a long shot: she's older and two kids!:eek:

Kim is still young and with some planning could manage it.

The tour soooooo needs them both.

Dandy_Warhol
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Kim! come back! :bigcry:

although i wish Lindsay would come back, i think it'll be hard for her :sad:

crazillo
Mar 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
It happened again :lol: You must hate that word :lol:

It's hard for some people, isn't it? :lol: Guess we can make sure who wrote it when we see this spelling. :p

spartanfan
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Well Lindsay will have to wait and see after giving birth again. It's harder for her, but not impossible if she wants to.

Lindsay did reveal insight on the pressures of playing and travelling while also mothering a baby. But it was nice to hear the optimistic news that Kim could very well come back. The Belgian Clijsters supporters will be very very happy to hear this!
Oh, blah. Didn't Lindsay have a nanny that traveled with her? Give me a break, my life sure would be easier and simplier if I had a personal assistant that went with me where ever I went. There are plenty of single moms in the world who are doing more with less. I hate when rich people complain about their lives.

youizahoe
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Kim please come back. You can be top 3 easily. :sobbing:

CJ07
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Oh, blah. Didn't Lindsay have a nanny that traveled with her? Give me a break, my life sure would be easier and simplier if I had a personal assistant that went with me where ever I went. There are plenty of single moms in the world who are doing more with less. I hate when rich people complain about their lives.
Money doesn't solve problems, it just masks them.

And frankly, kids with these "nannies" often turn out worse than the kids with the single moms who didn't have one and Lindsay knows that.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you don't have problems. In fact, you often have more problems. A different variety, yet issues nonetheless.

matty
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I hope Kim comes back--she was just too young to retire!

IceHock
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Lindsay hit it on the nail when she said look at the tour there is no consistent dominant force, no one is stepping up, kim sees this, knows she can easily get back to top 5 which she should if she does comeback, then if sharpy is healthy we have the williams and those two, of course there are alot of if's but there is no doubt in my mind if clijsters comes back, she can easily overtake alot of the top 10.

olivero
Mar 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I really hope she'll be back. For good.

Uranus
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Love it. I'm just soooo looking forward to seeing her in a WTA tournament again.

I always loved Kim vs Serena matches like 1999 USO and 2003 Aus Open. Some fantastic matches :worship:
How about the YEC final in 2002 :inlove:.

QUEENLINDSAY
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Linds and Kim are friends, I love it!! I both love them.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
She is commentating the Hantuchova match and they were talking about Kim playing exhibitions and Lindsay said she thought Kim would play some tour events too, then the guy asked if she thought Kim might call to ask for advice on how to travel and train with a baby and Lindsay said they have emailed about it and that's why she thinks Kim will come back :bounce:

But it did NOT sound like Linds will :sad:

That would be sooo awesome! :hearts:

morningglory
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Kim >>>> JJ
Once again we'll have a really formidable retriever on tour if she comes back

treufreund
Mar 17th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I love how Lindsay was just so sure that Kim would be back. She felt that both Kim and Justine could easily come back and win more slams. I hope Justine will change her mind in a year or 2 like Kim appears to be doing. The game really needs players like Kim (and Justine) who are smart and ambitious (not just ball bashers content to slim down and do sprints... do you hear me Dinara?)

spartanfan
Mar 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Money doesn't solve problems, it just masks them.

And frankly, kids with these "nannies" often turn out worse than the kids with the single moms who didn't have one and Lindsay knows that.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you don't have problems. In fact, you often have more problems. A different variety, yet issues nonetheless.
More money would take care of about 90% of my problems, and the other 10% would be taken care of because I'd have more time to focus on them.

iGOAT
Mar 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
More money would take care of about 90% of my problems, and the other 10% would be taken care of because I'd have more time to focus on them.
I don't think so. Lots of times rich people are the most troubled

Andrew..
Mar 17th, 2009, 09:28 PM
More money would take care of about 90% of my problems, and the other 10% would be taken care of because I'd have more time to focus on them.
I'm glad you're so confident in the conclusion you've come to. Unfortunately, it is never that easy.

Olórin
Mar 17th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you're so confident in the conclusion you've come to. Unfortunately, it is never that easy.

Well you have no clue about his situation. Perhaps 90% of his problems are fiscal, in which case it may well take care of them.

He is only talking about himself.

It's a more accurate statement than generalisations such as:
"Money doesn't solve problems, it just masks them"
"Lots of times rich people are the most troubled"
"it is never that easy"

Andrew..
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Well you have no clue about his situation. Perhaps 90% of his problems are fiscal, in which case it may well take care of them.

He is only talking about himself.

It's a more accurate statement than generalisations such as:
"Money doesn't solve problems, it just masks them"
"Lots of times rich people are the most troubled"
"it is never that easy"
The poster also stated earlier in the thread that " I hate when rich people complain about their lives." So, he thinks that because people have money, they shouldn't have issues, and shouldn't complain? Can money help make some things easier? Absolutely. I don't think anyone is arguing that it can't. But there are issues people have that they would have whether they have money or they don't.

freeandlonely
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
The Return Of The Kim would be nice:)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM
If she does come back I hope she gets her tubes tied beforehand :tape:

partbrit
Mar 18th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Kim said her body was broken beyond repair and she was in pain a lot. I can't imagine her coming back. I miss her.

Leo_DFP
Mar 18th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Guys, we all die and end up six feet under. Money doesn't solve real problems. What if I want to live forever?? ;)

Robert-KimClijst
Mar 18th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I don't think (if) Kim wants to come back it's because she thinks she can do well. She didn't quit the game because of her results. Just because she thinks she could take advantage of a weaker field doesn't necessarily mean she'd want to come back. It was never about the results for Kim, it was about staying healthy and wanting a family. I highly doubt she's been motivated by the player's field.

bobbynorwich
Mar 18th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Comeback for what? Baby playdates?

#1Davenport
Mar 18th, 2009, 05:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens. I highly doubt Lindsay will come back, but Kim I think is a good possibility. I never liked her much as a player, but she would make the top of the women's tour more stable.

barboza
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Where do you all get to watch IW? What channel is it on?