PDA

View Full Version : Budapest R2: (WC)K.Marosi def T.Pironkova 6-2 7-6(2)


FORZA SARITA
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
WTF:confused:

Sylvester
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
fixed

Craig.
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Oh, dear.

sammy01
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:01 PM
who?

Viktymise
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
That's hilarious. From what I've heard, Marosi is a wall, and Tszveti sux against them.

I'm pretty sure Sprem will beat Marosi rather handily.

Lucas
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Geeze...Wonder if the bulgarian is the same player I watched live from the stands in Rome :P.

Just horrible result.

Grand Phantasm
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Yay great win Katalin :bounce: I am so happy she is back. :woohoo:

Anyway kinda weird she is winning matches here but lost in the semi's of her last 10K.

Good Luck in the next round Katalin

Uranium
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Tsveti:o:o:o:(:(:(:sad:

^bibi^
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome back Katalin :eek:

For the youngsters here, Katalin's an ex-top 100 player ;)

I wanted to PAW this and then I thought about cancel it.. I hope I kept it :lol:

Zoeki
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
WOW!
she is 28 years old!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
:o

-sugi-
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Katalin :eek:

Poova
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I had no idea Marosi still played tennis. :lol:

Well, congrats to her I guess. ;)

$uricate
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
WTF?

Seriously, find a career Tsveti :o

You are just embarassing everyone.

ghosts
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Terrible :o
Terrible :o
Terrible :o

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2742/hahalm1.jpg

Dexter
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
:haha:

Lucas
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
WOW!
she is 38 years old!

haha, no, she was born in 1979 :)

Best ranking of n.101, May 2000.

Uranium
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
There is one positive from this match, Sprem could win the title now:bounce:

$uricate
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I had no idea Marosi still played tennis. :lol:

Well, congrats to her I guess. ;)

She probably doesnt, but then she saw Tsvetana's name in the draw and thought - "wow, theres a chance to get a win" so she entered Budapest and the rest is history :weirdo:

RND
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
:spit:

C. Drone
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM
:worship:

Tsveti was awful in the first, weak serve and errors, errors, and Kata hit many beautiful dropshots.
The second set almost the same, but Kata was too nervous to finish the match after *5-3, but Tsveti was helpful and lost the tb. :lol:

Zoeki
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
haha, no, she was born in 1979 :)

Best ranking of n.101, May 2000.

I'm sorry.
I just remember na,li.
NA,LI used to be regarded as a future star in china and she won a lot of ITF long before.
And after a long time rest,she made an amazing comeback.

Congratulations! KATALIN;)

ce
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Welcome back Katalin :eek:

For the youngsters here, Katalin's an ex-top 100 player ;)

I wanted to PAW this and then I thought about cancel it.. I hope I kept it :lol:

she never was top 100 :o

E.Dementieva_FAN
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Congrats Kati! :woohoo:

Oneofakind0490
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
:woohoo: Marosi. This is a good win. Lets keep it going against Sprem.

:lol: At all the bitter people in here.

Kai
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
congrats Katalin :yeah: :D

dylan24
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
what a joke this tournament is.
you suck pironkova

Dave.
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I wanted the Sprem-Pironkova QF! :bigcry:

Anyway I'm very happy for Katalin. It's always nice to see an older player still doing well.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Tsveti & her infamous 2nd rd-itis :tape: :o

dylan24
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
anyone think budapest organizers paid off marois's opponents this week to lose.
fixed a possiblity.

Louis Cyphre
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
anyone think budapest organizers paid off marois's opponents this week to lose.
fixed a possiblity.

nope , its just as TheBoiledEgg said - Tsveti can`t win 2 matches in a row :help: It can be great for betting - sell your house and bet that Tsvetana will loose at the 2nd round and you`ll be rich. And you can do it always , there is 99% chance of success (1% for an injured player who can`t finish the match)

tennismaster8820
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
:o Shocking result!

jonny84
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Surprising loss for Pironkova.

Cornet has got to win this tournament now.

njnetswill
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Just awful. Marosi never even made the top 100 in her prime. Pironkova should have won, every way you look at it.

njnetswill
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
anyone think budapest organizers paid off marois's opponents this week to lose.
fixed a possiblity.

Especially since Szavay crashed out early.

Marosi seems to be playing well, based off of first hand account, but then again, she was losing in 10ks earlier this year. :shrug:

FERLKE
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
well done Katalin :D;)

Vamos Feńa
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:16 PM
:eek::eek: what the hell? ok Pironkova sucks but is Marosi playing that great?
congratz Katalin :)
I remember she was Marosi-Aracama or sth like that, right? :wavey:

Escape
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
:spit:

spiceboy
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I remember she was Marosi-Aracama or sth like that, right? :wavey:

Yeah, until she bumped her husband for a girl :haha:

dreylau
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
nope , its just as TheBoiledEgg said - Tsveti can`t win 2 matches in a row :help: It can be great for betting - sell your house and bet that Tsvetana will loose at the 2nd round and you`ll be rich. And you can do it always , there is 99% chance of success (1% for an injured player who can`t finish the match)

Guys you are hopeless. Every time she loses you acted like the worst supporters that I know. Do you think she is happy to lose? She's young, she's improving and we saw it this year with hers great results at Rome and Istanbul. You have only one great player in Bulgaria and you treat her like this, it's sad, really sad.

*Jool*
Jul 10th, 2008, 11:33 PM
oh !

congrats Katalin that's a very surprising loss
sorry for Tzveti's fans .

polishprodigy
Jul 11th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Katalin was born in Romania. Is she an ethnic-Romanian who represents Hungary?

Milito22
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Tsveti :sobbing:

Hakapeszi
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Katalin was born in Romania. Is she an ethnic-Romanian who represents Hungary?

She was born in Gheorgheni.

Gheorgheni has a population of 20,018, of which 87.6% (17,527) are Hungarians forming a majority. 2,161 or 10.8% are Romanians. (2002 census)

Jakeev
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I don't know why people just can't come in here and say, "well job Katalin for being in your first WTA quarterfinal in five years" and just be happy for her instead of dumping on Pironkova and making it seem like Marosi has no business being there.

Best of luck against Sprem!!

bjurra
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
anyone think budapest organizers paid off marois's opponents this week to lose.
fixed a possiblity.

They forgot to pay Szavay's opponent. :D