1. S. Williams def. Henin [Miami]
- Great comeback for Serena after being bagelled, there was so much drama, being the final and saving the MPs and all. This was a classic Serena match!
2. V. Williams def. Jankovic [US Open]
- Exciting and climatic, Venus finally got her revenge on Jelena after losing a couple of times to her in a row.
3. S. Williams def. Sharapova [Australian Open]
- Absolute demolition. Nearly everything Serena hit was perfection. This was Serena near her best.
4. Bartoli def. Henin [Wimbledon]
- This match had so much spirit from Bartoli! Bartoli came back after what seemingly would be a routine win for Justine. She hit some amazing shots.
5. Jankovic def. Safarova [Wimbledon]
- What a high quality match! The first two sets were some of the best tennis I'd seen ever.
Oct 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
1. Sydney Final; Kim Clijsters def. Jelena Jankovic 4-6 7-6(1) 6-4. Such a great match & great comeback from Kim. :worship:
2. Antwerp Final; Amélie Mauresmo def. Kim Clijsters 6-4 7-6(4) . Really great match, but Kim should have won. :p
3. Moscow Final; Elena Dementieva def. Serena Williams 5-7 6-1 6-1. Elena played unbeliveable!
4. Miami Final; Serena Williams def. Justine Henin 0-6 7-5 6-3. Good match, great comeback from Serena.
5. Roland Garros Final; Justine Henin def. Ana Ivanovic 6-1 6-2. Okay, it was a really bad match, but I'll never forget it, because it was Ana's first Grand Slam final. :)
Oct 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
is this for 2007 or ones you have seen?
Oct 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
1. Justine def. Venus 07USO
2. Justine def. Serena 07USO
3 GS events, 3 different surfaces, 3 straight wins over Serena
3. Justine def. Serena 07Wim
First win over Serena on grass
4. Justine def. Serena 07RG
Str8 sets Domination
5. Kim def. Jelena 07 Sydney
Oct 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM
1. Sydney Final Clijsters def. Jankovic: electric atmosphere, awesome rallies, great fight from Kim from match point down and just a GREAT match:worship:
2. Tokyo Final Hingis def. Ivanovic: Awesome display by Hingis, that was a sweet revenge for Montreal:drool:
3. Miami Final S. Williams def. Henin: Wow what a comeback from Serena, the end of the second set and the third set were soooo tense, great match really:yeah:
4. Wimbledon Semifinal Bartoli def. Henin: Unbelievable shock for everybody, nobody expected Marion to win that one, and the way she did it was absolutely fabulous, just winners everywhere:D
5. Moscow Final Dementieva def. S. Williams: I felt like it was a dream of Elena to win a match like that, in her hometown in front of her fans:D Great week for her, she deserved it so much:)
Oct 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
SERENA def Justine 0-6 4-5 15-40 GREAT COME BACK SERENA
VENUS def Sharapova 6-1 6-3 wimbledon
Bartol def Justine wimbledon (justine shock shock shock :):):):):):)
Venus def Jankovic us open
Serena def Sharapova OZ open
Oct 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Justine over Venus-USO, Justine over Serena- USO and Wimbledon, Justine over Jelena- Rogers Cup final, Jelena over Savarova<?> - Wimbledon. Just matches I saw.
Oct 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
1. Justine def. Venus (USO), brilliant play by Justine :kiss:
2. Kuznetsova def. Serena (Stuttgart), Kuzy just played unbelievable
3. Lena D def. Serena (Moscow)
4. Justine def. Mauresmo (Eastbourne), what drama, what tension :P
5. Kim def. Jelena (Sydney), no comments needed :D
Oct 15th, 2007, 02:53 PM
1. Justine def. Venus 7-6 6-4 - USO
2. Kim def. Jelena 4-6 7-6 6-4 - Sidney
3. Lena def. Serena 5-7 6-1 6-1 - Moscow
4. Ana def. Patty 7-5 3-6 6-4 - Berlin
5. Marion def. Justine 1-6 7-5 6-1 - Wimbledon
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Serena def. Henin in Miami final - didn't like the result, but this match had some great play and one of Serena's ridiculous comebacks....
Jankovic def. V Williams in Family Cup semi's- third set tie-break and plenty of momentum swings
Henin def. Mauresmo - Eastborne final - Another nailbitingly close match, rematch of Wimby final from a year before.
Henin def. Venus USO SF
Henin def. Serena USO QF - The first williams double in a slam win!
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
1. Clijsters def Jankovic(Sydney) 4-6,7-6,6-4
2. Hantuchova def Peer(Indian Wells) 6-2,5-7,7-6
3. S.Williams def Henin(Miami) 0-6,7-5,6-3
4. Henin def V.Williams(USO) 6-4,7-6
5. Petrova def Mauresmo(Paris) forgot the score but it was good
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
1- sharapova def schnyder 3-6 6-4 9-7 (maria saving MPs, great fight from maria)
2- venus def jankovic 4-6 6-1 7-6 (really exciting match)
3- bartoli def henin 1-6 7-5 6-1 (wow)
4- sharapova def vinci 6-0 6-1 (only cause masha played awesome)
5- henin def v.williams 7-6 6-4 (both were playing great)
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Venus def Masha Wimby 4th round
Very impressive V
Serena def Shahar AO QF's
A lot of drama
Serena def the cheater Miami final
Is just the best pleasure of the year
Venus def Jelena US Open QF's
Kim def Jelena Sidney final
Last Kim title
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
is this for 2007 or ones you have seen?
Yeah sorry, I meant 2007.
In The Zone
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Top 5 Matches.
1. S. Williams def. S. Peer - Australian 07 QF.
2. V.Williams def. J.Jankovic - US 07 QF.
3. S.Williams def. J.Henin - Miami 07 F.
4. J.Henin def. V. Williams - US 07 SF.
5. A.Ivanovic def. N.Vaidisova - Wimbledon 07 QF.
Clearly I'm a little biased. For a match to have drama, quality or tension -- I'd need a Williams sister. More Henin matches should be included but she demolishes her opponents so it excludes most of her year.
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM
^ I agree. It ain't drama without a WS! :D
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Bartoli def. Henin Wimbledon
Serena def. Henin Miami final
Henin def. Venus US Open Semi
Serena def. Sharapova A.O. final
Federer def. Nadal Wimbledon
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM
From those I watched. I am not considering quality of the matches.
Hantuchova bt. Hingis 1-6 6-4 6-4 in Doha QF after trailing 1-6 1-4 to turn around her season and possibly the entire career
Hantuchova bt. Kuznetsova 6-3 6-4 in Indian Wells F, almost flawless, confident performance by Daniela
Safarova bt. Mauresmo 6-4 6-3 in Australian Open 4th round to dethrone the defending champion and introduce herself to wide public
Safarova bt. Mauresmo 6-3 7-6 in French Open 3rd round, I won't forget that point in the tie-break, I was replaying it over and over again
Jankovic bt. Cibulkova 7-5 1-6 9-7 at Fed Cup, the most dramatic match of the season, injury time outs, great crowd, both players ended the match totally exhausted and cramping, real battle between two heroines which lasted 211 minutes
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Maria Sharapova VS Patty Schnyder RG 2007 4th round
The most dramatic match in this year... no doubt about that.... great tennis and a great fight from maria dealing with 2 match points...
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
1. Serena Williams def. Maria Sharapova 6-1 6-2 AO - Just a classic performance and serena proved all her critics wrong. The speech at the end was really touching too.
2. Venus Williams def. Maria Sharapova Wimbledon 6-1 6-3 - This was the match that turned venus' year around. It was so great to see a venus playing well again. Plus, the tennis in the second set (all on maria's serve) was pretty high with a lot of drama even though the score didnt reflect it.
3. Tatiana Golovin def. Nadia Petrova 6-2 6-1 AI - It made my day to see tati win her first tournaments after so many setbacks. She also beatdown a top player which puts the icing on the cake. I thought it was gonna be the start of an amazing year but the ankle didnt let it happen. The year isn't over yet though.:)
4. Justine Henin def. Tatiana Golovin 2-6 6-2 6-1 - As much as i so wanted Tati to win, i couldnt ask for more from her. She could have won it but it just wasnt meant to be. I hope it has installed so much confidence into her and i hope she can come back strong this week in zurich. She played out of her mind in the first and although her inexperience got the better of her, the last to sets were closer than it seemed and sh made henin dig sooo deep to win. Unluckily, it wasn't at wimbledon so she couldn do a bartoli on henin but im sure she'll want a second chance in the final again this week. Allez Tati! forgot to mention that the tennis was really really high and it was quite dramatic as the match was in tati's hands.
5= Venus Williams def. Jelena Jankovic - DRAMA and good, sometimes great tennis is always gonna make a good match. I almost wet myself from the drama and suspense.
5= Serena Williams def. Daniela Hantuchova - I couldnt decide between the two so i just didn't again, it was DRAMA with the cramps thing and then the doctor saying it could end her career. I have the video of the events in this match and it brings a smile to my face everytime i see it and again i nearly wet myself waiting for the rain to stop. Evidently, so did serena.
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:35 PM
1) Elena Dementieva def Serena Williams 5:7 6:1 6:1 (Moscow final) - this is my second favourite match ever, what a dominance from Elena
2) Anne Kremer def Misa Krajicek 6:3 7:6(3) (Luxembourg 1r) - Anne winning in Luxembourg
3) Amélie Mauresmo def Kim Clijsters 6:4 7:6(4) (Antwerp final) - Diamonds are forever
4) Daniela Hantuchova def Svetlana Kuznetsova 6:3 6:4 (Indian Wells final) - one of Dani's best matches in 2007
5) Daniela Hantuchova def Patty Schnyder 6:3 5:7 7:5 (Luxembourg semifinal) - one of the craziest matches I ever saw, a real thriller
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I just watched highlights of Justine-Venus and have to say the quality in that match was incredible. Two of the best athletes on tour going toe to toe with Henin coming out on top.
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Maria Kirilenko d. Daniela Hantuchova 5-7 6-2 6-2 (Kolkata)
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
1. Serena def Sharapova @ Australian
2. Serena def Henin @ Miami
3. Serena def Hantochova @ Wimbledon
4. Henin def Venus @ U.S. Open
5. Venus def Jankovic @ U.S. Open
Oct 15th, 2007, 07:45 PM
1. S Williams [USA] def. J Henin [USA] 0-6 7-5 6-3 Miami F
2. V Williams [USA] def. J Jankovic [USA] 4-6 6-1 7-6 US Open QF
3. M Bartoli [FRA] def. J Henin [USA] 1-6 7-5 6-1 Wimbledon SF
4. D Safina [RUS] def. C Pin [FRA] 7-5 3-6 7-5 Toronto 1r (Not Kidding)
5. E Dementieva [RUS] def. S Williams [USA] 5-7 6-1 6-1 Moscow F
Oct 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Jankovic v Ivanovic (Los Angeles)
Jankovic v Clijsters (Sydney)
Henin v V. Williams (USO)
Schnyder v Sharapova (RG)
Petrova v Mauresmo (Paris)
Oct 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
1. Bartoli def. Henin @ Wimbledon - Such a thriller, and really unexpected, Marion played so well :worship:
2. Serena def. Henin @ Miami - Classic Serena comeback :lol: Such a tense match :scared:
3. Serena def. Sharapova @ AO - Such high quality play from Serena, best individual performance of the year IMO.
4. Henin def. Venus @ USO - Amazing play from both, Justine produced the goods, one of the most impressive wins of her career :yeah:
5. Davenport def. Hantuchova @ Bali - :angel:
Oct 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM
1-Clijsters d. Jankovic 2007 SYDNEY Finale
2-Kirilenko d. Hantuchova 2007 KOLKOTA Semis(not many saw it but such high quality)
3-Henin d. V.Williams 2007 US OPEN Semis
4-Jankovic d. Safarova 2007 WIMBLEDON 3rd Round
5-S.Williams d. Sharapova 2007 AUSTRALIA Finale
Oct 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Serena def Daniela....more drame;-)
Bartoli def Henin...shock of the year
amelie def kim....loved the crowd ant the quality
Venus def jelena...same
Elena def Serena...so important for her (and for me)
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
1. Marion Bartoli def. Justine Henin 1/6, 7/5, 6/1 (Wimbledon Semifinal)-I was not even expecting this one by a long shot, but I loved every minute. I was cheering for Bartoli whom I'd saw in Columbus in 2002 beat Maureen Drake, and got her autograph!!!!
2. Serena Williams def. Daniela Hantuchova 6/3, 6/7, 6/2 (Wimbledon 4th Round)-Seeing Serena in so much pain and then fight back was an inspiration, and I won my next tournament in a three set match that I was about to cramp in myself.
3. Kim Clijsters def. Jelena Jankovic 4/6, 7/6, 6/4 i think (Sydney Final)-Simply put, the most fantastic tennis!
4. Venus Williams def. Jelena Jankovic (USO Quarterfinals)-Venus in a third set tiebreak scares the living daylights out of me, but she pulled it out and I'm so proud of her for it!
5. Serena Williams def. Shahar Pe'er 3/6, 6/3, 8/6 (Australian Open QF)-First time I've truly seen Serena fight past 6/6 in a set, no joke! I've never seen that happen!
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:56 AM
1) Justine Henin def. Jennifer Capriati 2003 US Open S/F
2) Kim Clijsters def. Jelena Jankovic 2007 Sydney F
3) Justine Henin def. Francesca Schiavone 2006 Sydney F
4) Martina Hingis def. Serena Williams 2001 Australian Open Q/F
5) Steffi Graf def. Martina Hingis 1999 French Open F :sad:
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:04 AM
1. Venus def. Jankovic U.S. QF-Great rallies, great fight. Best Venus match.:worship:
2. Venus def. Kuznetsova-Wimbledon QF- Good match and a couple of breaks separated them.:D
3. Venus def. Sharapova-Great playing by Venus:devil:
4. Dementieva def. Serena- Moscow final- Dementieva had a bad season and made up for it here. :D
5. Venus def. Harkleroad-French Open 2nd round-Venus hit 206kmp/h serve:cool:
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:04 AM
This year Oz. ;)
1. Justine def. Jankovic Toronto final - such a great match from both ladies, with lots of long rallies and momentum swings.
2. Kim def. Hingis AO Qf's - even though Martina didn't win she played really well for most of the match, and I think this is the form she needs to bring week in and week out.
3. Justine def. Venus USO Sf - fantastic first set especially, lots of great rallies up at the net and a ton of drama.
4. Serena def. Justine Miami F - such a great comeback, I thought Serena was toast but she stepped it up after saving MPs.
5. Golovin def. Petrova Amelia F - didnt see the match but it was a huge breakthrough for Tati.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:08 AM
1.) Henin def Venus USO semi- Great match. Wish it went 3 sets. That was one of Henin's best matches ever.
2.) Serena def. Peer Oz QF- This is one of the most underrated matches this year. There was some high quality rallies and lots of tension.
No Name Face
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
Serena def. Peer AO
Serena def. Henin Miami
Serena def. Maria AO
Venus def. Maria W
Elena def. Serena Moscow