View Full Version : Australian Universities

May 28th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Can anyone tell me if Universities in Australia have sports teams, like in the US?

Also does anyone know what the terminology for a Sports Therapist (sports injury rehabilitation & prevention) is in Australia, I know it is Athletic Trainer in the US.

Thanks in advance:D

May 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Australian Universities do not have a sports program like the American colleges (ie. Varsity sporting competitions). We do have the University games however and most Universities do offer the ability to sign up for a sports team in competition with other students from the same institution. This cannot be likened to the American system of collegiate sports. I believe we also use the term sports therapist. Although, physiotherapists are more likely to actually be working in the field (they do not specialise in sports related injuries but rather on injuries and rehabilitation in general). I would recommend you investigate into 'physiotherapy' for these reasons.

May 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks, that has been a great help:)