PDA

View Full Version : I just got stung by a wasp


bis2806
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:03 AM
I was playing tennis just an hour ago, and was about to receive some balls before this freaking wasp landed between my eyes, near the nose bone. I thought it was a fly so I just used my hand to brush it off, but the thing stung me!!!! I used my fingers and crushed it, giving off like a pungent smell. The area I got stung on is not that swollen, you cant really see it anyways.

Should I go to the doctor, or is it okay? I think it's a sandwasp that stung me.

Grand Phantasm
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:13 AM
It's probably ok!!!

Shame I hate wasps and bee's :lol:

Rtael
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:14 AM
It's only a problem if you're allergic, I'd imagine.

Sam L
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I was playing this just an hour ago, and was about to receive some balls before this freaking wasp landed between my eyes, near the nose bone. I thought it was a fly so I just used my hand to brush it off, but the thing stung me!!!! I used my fingers and crushed it, giving off like a pungent smell. The area I got stung on is not that swollen, you cant really see it anyways.

Should I go to the doctor, or is it okay? I think it's a sandwasp that stung me.
if you're not busy, you might as well go see a doctor?

how are you anyway? :wavey:

bis2806
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:22 AM
It's my first time being stung and I don't know if i'm allergic.... I feel fine but sleepy - but I also had 5 hours of sleep last night.

bw2082
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:25 AM
take an antihistamine pill like benadryl as a precaution. if you have difficulty breathing or there's a lot of swelling go to a doctor

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:29 AM
It's my first time being stung and I don't know if i'm allergic.... I feel fine but sleepy - but I also had 5 hours of sleep last night.

Most allergic reaction don't include sleep. Unless this wasp carried Chagas (Sleeping Sickness) which isn't possible as far as I know. I hope it feels better if it hurts. One good thing is now you know how KIm Clijsters felt after being stung in her match against Farina Ella in the 2003 Wimbledon. You have a better insight to the tour.

xr6turbo
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Most allergic reaction don't include sleep. Unless this wasp carried Chagas (Sleeping Sickness) which isn't possible as far as I know. I hope it feels better if it hurts. One good thing is now you know how KIm Clijsters felt after being stung in her match against Farina Ella in the 2003 Wimbledon. You have a better insight to the tour.
Yes i remember that! Freaky :eek: :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jun 19th, 2005, 07:29 AM
My grandama always had us rub lime on the area when we got stung by bees, jack spaniards (in the Caribbean) and wasps. She claims it takes out all of the sting and reduces the swelling .

bis2806
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Most allergic reaction don't include sleep. Unless this wasp carried Chagas (Sleeping Sickness) which isn't possible as far as I know. I hope it feels better if it hurts. One good thing is now you know how KIm Clijsters felt after being stung in her match against Farina Ella in the 2003 Wimbledon. You have a better insight to the tour.

Righttt :lol: I had to stop playing because I was just scared that the pain could be worse - I just had to take a precaution. I applied some oil on it - as advised by my mum - then put a coldpack on it so that the swelling goes down. I just woke up from a nap and I feel fine. Thanks everyone!!! :wavey: Now I already have the experience of what it's like being stung... :o

andrew_uk
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I got stung by a wasp once - I was about 10 and was standing outside in a queue - it happened so fast, this fly was near me and I tried to shoo it away which made it angry so it stung my forehead :o

I was OK though - it stung for a few hours but it wasn't that bed ;)

-Em-
Jun 19th, 2005, 10:06 AM
i hate all the wasps and bees and anything that looks similar. i'm allergic, so i'm really scraed of them.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I'm allergic :mad: So, everytime one is flying around i wet myself :unsure: Luckily they aren't too bad here this year. It's OK playing tennis though, your racket is the perfect defense.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I have just heard the most hilarious wasp story ;)

well I was lying in the garden in the height of summer, when I heard a buzzing. I already had my huge phobia of wasps, and it was flying around me, and I started flapping furiously and screaming

but it wouldn't leave me alone, so I got up and ran away to the other side of the garden, but it started following me

by this time I was petrified so I made a sprint (with the wasp still chasing me) for the patio doors, which are glass. I was so scared I didn't notice that the glass doors weren't open and ran straight into them, busticating my nose in the process :S

lots of blood and lots of fury towards the wasp

:haha:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I have a huge phobia of wasps and bees :scared: :sad:

I've never been stung but if I was the whole of Britain would know :haha: :help: :tape: :o

Josh B.
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
i dont usually get stung i flick wasps away!, they dont bother u after that

sarza
Jun 19th, 2005, 10:39 PM
OMG i hate wasps and bees like i seriously do, they ruin my summer like im scared of the bastards, like i dont care where i am or what im doing i will run and scream like an idiot :lol:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jun 19th, 2005, 11:57 PM
well, you always need to be careful cuz if it swells then you will want to see a doctor..i say this because i had a family member who was not allergic, then developed an alergy to them...one random time he got stung and it swelled, then next time it swelled and he had difficulty breathing, and then the next time he had to be rushed to the hospital. so just cuz youre not allergic doesnt mean you wont develop one someday so be careful :wavey:
that's my doctor advice for the day. seriously though bees scare me :eek:

Bacardi
Jun 20th, 2005, 12:08 AM
If you aren't allergic, and be careful you can become allergic at any time they say. Just slice an onion and put on it, an ice cube, or some rubbing alcohol. Need to try to get the stinger out too. But you should be OK.

I seem to get stung at least once a year, it wouldn't be summer if I didn't.

bis2806
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Okay thank goodness the swelling was not bad at all. I think I had managed to crush the frikkin animal before all of its venom penetrated into my skin. Someone mentioned that I could be swarmed with more wasps if I crushed one of them, but thankfully that didn't happen.

I brought home the dead wasp and it's still now lying on the floor!! I put on some anti-histamine gel yesterday just to make sure. Thanks guys.