Tennis Forum banner

Rossana de los Ríos

205K views 3K replies 66 participants last post by  Hayato 
#1 · (Edited)
Ana Paula Neffa De Los Rios Cheering Thread!!

-Cheering Thread!-

Formerly Rossana De Los Rios' cheering thread!

See less See more
#1,116 ·
Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

Great :D Finally she is on either 1st or 2nd again so i should be able to watch it...hopefully the match before is short though. Assuming it is, it will be about 9 30 or 10 PM. Hopefully all Roro fans will be awake by then to support her! :hearts:

#1,118 ·

Perianu serving at 0-0*
15-0
15-15
15-30
15-40 2 BPs already..take them Roro :D
30-40 one more..
Game, *1-0 :D Great start Rossana!

Rossana serving at *1-0
15-0
30-0
30-15
30-30 :scared:
40-30 :) Take it
Game, 2-0* Rossana :worship: Nice start De Los Diva, keep it up!

Perianu serving at 2-0*
15-0
30-0
40-0
40-15
40-30
Game Perianu. Rossana leads *2-1. Hold serve here Roro!

Rossana serving at *2-1
0-15
0-30 :scared:
0-40 :eek:
15-40
30-40 one more to save..
Game, Perianu 2-2*

Perianu serving at 2-2*
15-0
30-0
40-0
40-15
Game Perianu.

Rossana trails *2-3 :( :(

#1,119 ·

Rossana serving at *2-3
0-15
15-15
15-30
30-30
40-30 :)
40-40 ...
Ad-40 Take it
Game, Rossana :D 3-3*...Well done, now break.

Perianu serving at 3-3*
15-0
30-0
40-0 :eek:
Game, Perianu 4-3*
Rossana keeps losing the first point of the game then has to fight back...she's only won the first point once out of seven games.

Rossana serving at *3-4
15-0 finally won the first point again
30-0
30-15
40-15 :)
Game, Rossana :) 4-4. Good solid game.

Perianu serving at 4-4*
15-0
30-0
30-15
40-15
40-30 save it..come on Roro
uhhh game Perianu 5-4

Rossana serving to stay in the set at *4-5
40-15 :)
40-30
Game Rossana, 5-5. Well done :worship: Break...

Perianu serving at 5-5*
0-15 :)
15-15
15-30 :D
30-30
30-40! Take it Rossana!!
40-40 ............:sad:
40-Ad! Second time lucky Roro :D
40-40 ....:sad:
40-Ad! Third time lucky Rossana :)
Yay Rossana breaks for *6-5! :worship:

Rossana serving for the set *6-5
15-15
15-30 :(
30-30..now a huge point...
30-40 :( save it
Game Perianu...:( Tiebreak now.

1-0 Perianu
1-1
2-1 Perianu
3-1 Perianu :eek:
4-1 Perianu :rolleyes:
4-2
5-2 what an awful tiebreak
6-2
6-3 oh dear
Game first set Perianu 7-6(3)

What a waste from *6-5 30-30.
I can't watch the rest :(

#1,121 ·

100K Biella (ITA) 2007 | Jul 9 (Entry List)

Qualifying

20 ANI, Maret EST 157 1
21 DE LOS RIOS, Rosana PAR 161 1

---------------------------------------------------

She has the above tourney down as her #1 choice. Soo, i guess she will probobly not play in the Qualies at Cinci:eek:

#1,122 ·

Yeah pretty disappointing loss. Well i guess she choked. And she won more games than Perianu. Anyway, it was close...
I agree, I think she needs a rest so she can be fresh for Italy. She's got Cueno on July 2 and Biella on July 9 and then maybe she will play Palermo on July 16?

Thanks for the info. I guess she won't be returning to the US for a while?

#1,123 ·

Yeah pretty disappointing loss. Well i guess she choked. And she won more games than Perianu. Anyway, it was close...
I agree, I think she needs a rest so she can be fresh for Italy. She's got Cueno on July 2 and Biella on July 9 and then maybe she will play Palermo on July 16?

Thanks for the info. I guess she won't be returning to the US for a while?

Yeah..i guess she will not be playing the us harcourts intill the us open ?? I assume that she will play in the 3 wta tourneys on clay. I guess its not such a bad idea. She is really making up for the last few years she has not left the united states :lol: Maybe she will play in 1 itf hard court as a warm up for the us open qualis. Then again, maybe she will win a couple of these tourneys and not have to qualify :angel:

Untill next time ...:wavey:

#1,124 ·

The good thing is that she's managing to keep her ranking on the rise, so she's getting relatively better draws tourney by tourney, it seems. If nothing else, she's getting more match play and that can only help. I wish her the best in Biella......she'll probably sneak into the MD too...

#1,125 ·

Yeah and I think she will play $25K Padova next week coz she still hasn't withdrawn. I think it's good now, she has only played 2 singles matches since $75K Prerov which was 3 weeks ago, and even then she only played three 2 set matches. So I don't think she can be that tired. She looked in great shape anyway from the pics from RG. Plus the draw is quite week, Rossana would be seeded and she would have a good chance of winning her second title this year. She's already going to be in Italy for Cueno and Biella and probably Palermo, so i hope she plays!

#1,126 ·

Yeah and I think she will play $25K Padova next week coz she still hasn't withdrawn. I think it's good now, she has only played 2 singles matches since $75K Prerov which was 3 weeks ago, and even then she only played three 2 set matches. So I don't think she can be that tired. She looked in great shape anyway from the pics from RG. Plus the draw is quite week, Rossana would be seeded and she would have a good chance of winning her second title this year. She's already going to be in Italy for Cueno and Biella and probably Palermo, so i hope she plays!
Rossana is on the move ;) I hope she can get herself within the top 110 by the end of the year so she can make the MD in Australia :cool: The only small set back that i can see ahead are the san diego points. They fall off the week of the MD ranking deadline . ;)

#1,129 ·

Good luck this week, Roro :) Appears to be a beatable field... hopefully she can get enough points in Europe so that she won't have to play the USO qualies... assuming she's planning on playing (i should hope so!). Take advantage of some clay wins and get her confidence going.... all the best to her! VAMOS!

#1,130 ·

Still no draw!! :eek:
I don't think Rossana will play Palermo because it's in the same week as the Pan American Games in Rio De Janeiro, where we know she is representing Paraguay with Ramon Delgado :D

#1,132 ·

Still no draw!! :eek:
I don't think Rossana will play Palermo because it's in the same week as the Pan American Games in Rio De Janeiro, where we know she is representing Paraguay with Ramon Delgado :D
Thats great to hear! I had no idea she was playing. Any other of our faves playing ?? Lilia played way back in 1999 :p

#1,133 ·

Im not sure of any other players are playing? :shrug: Hope Lilia plays again though!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I knew she would play Tweedie Yates, as soon as i saw her name in the qualifying draw I thought I bet Rossana will have to play Story here and sure enough they are playing AGAIN. And of course she's in the same quarter as the top seed :rolleyes: Well, good luck Roro :hug:

#1,134 ·

Im not sure of any other players are playing? :shrug: Hope Lilia plays again though!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I knew she would play Tweedie Yates, as soon as i saw her name in the qualifying draw I thought I bet Rossana will have to play Story here and sure enough they are playing AGAIN. And of course she's in the same quarter as the top seed :rolleyes: Well, good luck Roro :hug:
My two faves in the draw and they play each other in the 1st rd :lol: Oh well, i think RORO will come out on top :bounce:

#1,136 ·

Yeah, good that she got the win but 6-3 4-6 6-1 was much closer than I expected. Hopefully she's still fit and has the drive to want to win the tournament here :D

#1,137 ·

Yeah, good that she got the win but 6-3 4-6 6-1 was much closer than I expected. Hopefully she's still fit and has the drive to want to win the tournament here :D
I think its there if she really wants it :D I dunno abought RORO, but i am tired from just reviewing all of the tennis tourneys she has played over the past few months :lol: I REALLY hope she does well at the Pan American Games. :cool: We should have the 2nd rd scores any minute now. I am not to worried abou this match. Now the QTRs will be a tough one ;) :bounce:

#1,140 ·

Yeah, nice to see she's in the Quarterfinals, but that player wasn't even ranked in the top 900 and Roro lost 7 games to her :eek: and Story wasn't in very good form at all and Roro lost a set. So I don't like her chances in the QFs but then again she does know how to step it up, so i hope she does that tomorrow!

I know what you mean Heath, it'd be nice to actually be able to see her play for once instead of just looking at the scores. :sad:

Thanks for the info on Cincy! :) haha yeah she seems pretty eager to get that top 100 position!

#1,141 ·

Yeah, nice to see she's in the Quarterfinals, but that player wasn't even ranked in the top 900 and Roro lost 7 games to her :eek: and Story wasn't in very good form at all and Roro lost a set. So I don't like her chances in the QFs but then again she does know how to step it up, so i hope she does that tomorrow!

I know what you mean Heath, it'd be nice to actually be able to see her play for once instead of just looking at the scores. :sad:

Thanks for the info on Cincy! :) haha yeah she seems pretty eager to get that top 100 position!
Yeah, its pretty much now or never ;) :bounce:

#1,142 ·

She's into the Semifinals! She did get lucky with her opponent retiring after Rossana won the first set 6-4 but I guess part of winning means you have to be fully fit! So she will play Margalita Chakhnashvili next who she can beat. She will be ranked around #152 now (from #161) and if she loses in the final she will be around #148 and if she wins the final she will be around #146. Just two more to go Roro! :D :yeah: :hearts:

#1,143 ·

She's into the Semifinals! She did get lucky with her opponent retiring after Rossana won the first set 6-4 but I guess part of winning means you have to be fully fit! So she will play Margalita Chakhnashvili next who she can beat. She will be ranked around #152 now (from #161) and if she loses in the final she will be around #148 and if she wins the final she will be around #146. Just two more to go Roro! :D :yeah: :hearts:
I really hate to cheer another players retirement...but...:woohoo: :yippee: :woohoo: I really think RoRo can win this now:bounce:

#1,147 ·

Chaknashvili def. De Los Rios 7-5 6-1

:shrug: She could have won this match but she didn't play her best tennis at this tournament coz she struggled quite a lot. Still, she's just outside the top #150 now which is her highest ranking since about 2003. :) So now she will play $50K Cuneo which has a strong field, Roro will need to pick up her game a bit. Good luck!

#1,148 ·

Chaknashvili def. De Los Rios 7-5 6-1

:shrug: She could have won this match but she didn't play her best tennis at this tournament coz she struggled quite a lot. Still, she's just outside the top #150 now which is her highest ranking since about 2003. :) So now she will play $50K Cuneo which has a strong field, Roro will need to pick up her game a bit. Good luck!

Oh well, you can't play your best all the time ;) She still reached the SFs, raised her ranking another 10 spots and improved her 2007 W/L record to 22/ 11 :worship: :bounce: . Untill Tuesday, :wavey:

#1,150 ·

The draw for Cuneo is out and it’s not pretty :eek:

1R: Roro vs. Zahlavova

Zahlavova beat Roro 6-1 6-1 in the 1R of $75K Midland in February and just made the final last week in Padova. Both Roro and Sandra lost to Chaknashvili last week except Sandra put up a much better fight than Rossana did. So it will be a tough match and Rossana will have to play her best tennis to reach the second round! But there comes the next problem- Edina Gallovits, the top seed and Roro’s nemesis. Surely they have played enough in the last two years :rolleyes: :lol: If they both win their first round matches it will be the 7th time they have played each other in the last 24 months! Well I guess they are friends because they’re playing doubles together again but drew the #2 seeds Kustava and Makarova in the first round. Still, I think Roro and Edina can win that match as they’ve proven they can beat high seeds together already (Arvidsson/Horatiotopoulis and Dushevina/Perebiynis). Hopefully she can find her best form and has a great week here! :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.