Tennis Forum banner

Rossana de los Ríos

205K views 3K replies 66 participants last post by  Hayato 
#1 · (Edited)
Ana Paula Neffa De Los Rios Cheering Thread!!

-Cheering Thread!-

Formerly Rossana De Los Rios' cheering thread!

See less See more
#1,078 ·
Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

Thanks for the ranking update Heath :D :lol: Yeah she's definitely clawing her way to the top 100! I think if she wins here, she could be top 140? I think 55 points goes to the winner.

Wow 3 and 0 is pretty good, she's definitely still in her "Palm Beach Gardens" form! ;)

She also won the doubles with Edina today, 6-2 5-0...now they are in the semifinals :eek: :yeah: They can easily take the title! Edina is out of singles now so she will be concentrating on the doubles. Hopefully Roro can pick up her 6th ITF doubles title here :D

Next is Arvidsson and who really knows what to expect with her. Rossana can win for sure and that's the main thing. Good luck, keep going! :bounce:

#1,080 · (Edited)

Great, thanks for the news FFF :D

Unfortunately today she lost today 6-4 6-1 to Arvidsson, but she had a good performance making the Quarterfinals at least. Her 21st Quarterfinal ITF apperance. I'm not sure where she's playing next, but probably somewhere in Europe before Wimbledon.

Rossana is in the doubles final though! :D
SF: De Los Rios/Gallovits def. (2) Arvidsson/Horiatopoulos 6-4 6-4 :D :D :D :D

This will be Rossana's first doubles final since $50K Sedona in 2003! She hasn't won a doubles title since $25K Monterry 1999 :bolt:. Good luck Roro and Edina! They play top seeds Hradecka/Voracova.

Edit: Her next commitment is $25K Padova (June 25) which is the same week as Wimbledon...

#1,084 ·

Great, thanks for the news FFF :D

Unfortunately today she lost today 6-4 6-1 to Arvidsson, but she had a good performance making the Quarterfinals at least. Her 21st Quarterfinal ITF apperance. I'm not sure where she's playing next, but probably somewhere in Europe before Wimbledon.

Rossana is in the doubles final though! :D
SF: De Los Rios/Gallovits def. (2) Arvidsson/Horiatopoulos 6-4 6-4 :D :D :D :D

This will be Rossana's first doubles final since $50K Sedona in 2003! She hasn't won a doubles title since $25K Monterry 1999 :bolt:. Good luck Roro and Edina! They play top seeds Hradecka/Voracova.

Edit: Her next commitment is $25K Padova (June 25) which is the same week as Wimbledon...
Well, hopefully she can qualify for Wimby ;) But , its good to know that she will be playing one more tourney overseas if she bows out early in the Q draw :bounce:

#1,082 ·

She won the doubles final 6-4 6-2 with Edina :D
Her first doubles title since 1999 and her biggest ITF title in singles or doubles ever :worship: Great :D :D

#1,085 ·

She is playing doubles with Edina again, in Barcelona. I think she must have wanted to play qualies there but because she was playing in Prerov, she missed out. Unfortunately Edina and Rossana drew the top seeds in the first round :mad: But they can win!!

#1,086 ·

She is playing doubles with Edina again, in Barcelona. I think she must have wanted to play qualies there but because she was playing in Prerov, she missed out. Unfortunately Edina and Rossana drew the top seeds in the first round :mad: But they can win!!
Thanks for the update :cool: This will be some great practice sessions! Rossana is going to be really match tough by the summer hard courts! :bounce:

#1,089 · (Edited)

Wow I didn't expect Roro and Edina to win in straight sets :bolt: :D

Great win ladies!! :hearts: This will definitely help Rossana's doubles ranking :D

I think they should at least make the Quarterfinals, next is Jidkova/Martinez Granados or Kloesel/Malek.

:woohoo:

Edit:
omg now the itf website says
HRADECKA (CZE) / VORACOVA (CZE) 1 def. DE LOS RIOS (PAR) / GALLOVITS (ROU) 5-7 6-3 6-2 :rolleyes:
Paraguayan news was wrong :tape:
Oh well...lol.

#1,090 ·

Wow I didn't expect Roro and Edina to win in straight sets :bolt: :D

Great win ladies!! :hearts: This will definitely help Rossana's doubles ranking :D

I think they should at least make the Quarterfinals, next is Jidkova/Martinez Granados or Kloesel/Malek.

:woohoo:

Edit:
omg now the itf website says
HRADECKA (CZE) / VORACOVA (CZE) 1 def. DE LOS RIOS (PAR) / GALLOVITS (ROU) 5-7 6-3 6-2 :rolleyes:
Paraguayan news was wrong :tape:
Oh well...lol.
Aaawl, so they lost the 75K final ?? :-(

#1,091 ·

Yeah :sad: I think the news article was confused with their semifinal score and thought that their semifinal 64 64 win was over their oponnents in the final. I guess yesterday's win was bigger though! :D

Nice name change Heath! Didn't recognise who it was at first :lol:

#1,095 ·

Yeah :sad: I think the news article was confused with their semifinal score and thought that their semifinal 64 64 win was over their oponnents in the final. I guess yesterday's win was bigger though! :D

Nice name change Heath! Didn't recognise who it was at first :lol:
:lol: Thanks...i guess it was time for a change ;)

#1,096 ·

I wonder why she didn't play yesterday...I saw her in the schedule but she didn't play. Hopefully Edina and her can win today. :bounce:

#1,099 ·

Jidkova/Martínez Granados (RUS/ESP) d. de los Rios/Gallovits (PAR/ROU) 62 16 104
:sad:
supertiebreaks :rolleyes:

Good try ladies :hug:

#1,102 ·

Her next commitments:

25 June: Wimbledon (Q)/$25K Padova (MD)
2 July: $50K Cuneo (Q)

Then I would guess $100K Biella...

#1,107 ·

WIMBLEDON QUALY DRAW:

Rossana's Quarter:

(2)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Anda Perianu (ROU)
Daria Kustava (BLR) v Rossana De Los Rios (PAR)

Meng Yuan (CHN) v Kristina Brandi (PUR)
(21)Abigail Spears (USA) v Ivana Lisjak (CRO)

Hmm...I believe she can beat Kustava but then Cibulkova should be very difficult to get passed. Pretty stupid Cibulkova is qualifying anyway, the #87. Rossana has a better H2H record than her this year though :D. And the good news is Cibulkova has never won a match on grass before, she played her first grass court match in Birmingham and lost to Brenda SM 6-2 6-3, and as we know Rossana just beat Brenda recently 7-5 6-4.

Kustava is #197, but just won a $25K on clay pretty easily, beating some good players so she will be difficult. However, she has only been playing on clay since March and she's never played on grass before, so Rossana can use that to her advantage. But overall, it's a pretty tough draw for Rossana :( She will have to play her best. Good luck Roro :hug:

#1,108 ·

WIMBLEDON QUALY DRAW:

Rossana's Quarter:

(2)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Anda Perianu (ROU)
Daria Kustava (BLR) v Rossana De Los Rios (PAR)

Meng Yuan (CHN) v Kristina Brandi (PUR)
(21)Abigail Spears (USA) v Ivana Lisjak (CRO)

Hmm...I believe she can beat Kustava but then Cibulkova should be very difficult to get passed. Pretty stupid Cibulkova is qualifying anyway, the #87. Rossana has a better H2H record than her this year though :D. And the good news is Cibulkova has never won a match on grass before, she played her first grass court match in Birmingham and lost to Brenda SM 6-2 6-3, and as we know Rossana just beat Brenda recently 7-5 6-4.

Kustava is #197, but just won a $25K on clay pretty easily, beating some good players so she will be difficult. However, she has only been playing on clay since March and she's never played on grass before, so Rossana can use that to her advantage. But overall, it's a pretty tough draw for Rossana :( She will have to play her best. Good luck Roro :hug:
Honestly, i would be happy if RoRo could win 1 match here. ;) I sort of hope she does not play in the 25K the 2nd week of Wimby...:p I think she could use some rest before play the qualis during the summer hard courts. Cinci is just around the corner ;) But as u know, i will be cheering her on from match #1 here and i will support her in any choice she makes! :D I will be setting my alarm for 6am tomorow as Lilia is first up. RORO is the 2nd match after her. I wonder if they know each other well ? They pretty much came up at the same time on tour...;) I am not sure if Lilia speaks spanish. She is filipino/white ...most people think she is spanish...lol. Untill tomorow :wavey:

#1,110 ·

RoRo won 6-2, 6-4!!! :worship: I am extremely happy with this win! Like Benjidude said last week..she hasn't played a match on grass in about 4 years time:eek: ! I gather that she got to the wimbledon site about 4 days before todays match, which was enough time to get some serious practice sessions in. :worship:

#1,112 ·

Yay! Great win, Kustava was no pushover! :D :D
I didn't expect that to be so easy. Seems like she's adapted well to the grass already. And luckily she doesn't have to face Cibulkova, it's Perianu. I think Anda has beaten Roro once before but it was a long time ago. Thanks for the info Heath. :D Any of you guys know if we can find the stats anywhere?
Rossana :worship: :hearts: Well done! :D

#1,113 ·

Yay! Great win, Kustava was no pushover! :D :D
I didn't expect that to be so easy. Seems like she's adapted well to the grass already. And luckily she doesn't have to face Cibulkova, it's Perianu. I think Anda has beaten Roro once before but it was a long time ago. Thanks for the info Heath. :D Any of you guys know if we can find the stats anywhere?
Rossana :worship: :hearts: Well done! :D
Your welcome ;) I was waiting for you to make the thread in GM :lol: Anyways, i don't know how to get the stats. I was surprised they were not available when the match was going on. :sad: :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.