Tennis Forum banner

Who's met Jelena!?

4K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  Renalicious 
#1 ·
Met her 3 times. Twice at Birmingham and once at Wimbledon. LOVELY girl! I got 2 photos with her somewhere!

#2 ·
I have and it was odd! :lol:

I met her in Warsaw in the 1st day of qualifying. She went to watch some matches. I stood behind her as she was watching match between Melinda Czink and Tatjana Malek. I wanted to get an autograph from her but I didn't want to be rude and I wanted her to turn first instead of disturbing her and asking. Melinda choked badly from 5-2 in the 3rd set (she had MPs there) - match went into the TB when she wasted sthg like 6-1 lead but finally won :lol: Jelena watched it till the end with some other girl and her brother Marco. They talked in Serbian... it's pretty much understandable for us Poles so I got that she laughed at how Melinda was getting tight and couldn't close it out. :lol: :eek: I know it was mean but I thought to myself - 'Uhm... you are not that bad yourself at choking and losing winnable matches :tape: ' Anyway when it finally ended she turned around and looked straight at me. She sure knew that I stood about 30 minutes with a marker and copybook :lol: I asked if she can sign up and she reached for my marker... but it was dry, because I took of the end of it before on some SP - thinking it will end on it :lol: :eek: Jelena looked at me and asked 'Have you got another pen?' I said I don't but it's ok... so she signed up although it doesn't look that distinct. :lol: But she wrote a little heart for me :nerner: :lol: :D I said that I wish her all the best in her 1st round match vs Czaky (which she of course lost being in the driving seat most of the time in the 1st set :mad: :fiery: ). She thanked and went away :) I hope to meet her next year with a new pen and ask if she remembers me and can ask sign up again :haha:

Btw for those you met her. I always thought she was way taller... :confused: It looks on TV as she is taller than Ana where in fact Ana seemed way taller to me :shrug:

#3 ·
I met her at Birmingham this year - my first tournie.
I went primarily to see Daniela, but she withdrew..
I was standing by the side gate to the practice courts, waiting to see Ai (and ask if she knew where Dani was), and Jelena was on the court nearest me. A ball landed next to me, so I picked it up and threw it to Jelena. She seemed to appreciate it, so I stayed for a while, and picked up some more.
I saw her again, later, watching the matches on courts 2 & 3, but didn't see her leave.
I nearly got a photo of her watching, but some youngsters stood up between me and her, blocking my view.
here are my photos: http://www.dankajenaj.me.uk/dfs_Jelena.htm

#6 ·
JustDoIt said:
Dexter, nice story, but hardly belive she will remember !

I think you will understand Jelena (and her serbian) but she is fast talking...sometimes i cant understand her.Polish and Serbian are similar!I can understand almost everything on Polish ! :)
Nah I don't believe either that she will :lol: I just hope I get to meet her next year and I will remind her that ;)

#7 ·
nigel - dani fan said:
I met her at Birmingham this year - my first tournie.
I went primarily to see Daniela, but she withdrew..
I was standing by the side gate to the practice courts, waiting to see Ai (and ask if she knew where Dani was), and Jelena was on the court nearest me. A ball landed next to me, so I picked it up and threw it to Jelena. She seemed to appreciate it, so I stayed for a while, and picked up some more.
I saw her again, later, watching the matches on courts 2 & 3, but didn't see her leave.
I nearly got a photo of her watching, but some youngsters stood up between me and her, blocking my view.
here are my photos: http://www.dankajenaj.me.uk/dfs_Jelena.htm

you must have been sittin near me! I was sat next to her mate watching the peng match. Her friend is a crazy german woman! Sweet though!!!

#8 ·
I met her few times in past, cause I trained at the same club as she...

But the first time I really spoke with her was after "US Open", at press-conference. After she did the pc, and an inteview's with few journalists (me also :D) she, her mom, chairmen of TC "Red Star" and her daughter, and ME :) sat at one table and spoke for a while... Me and Jelena were sitting next to eache other and we "chatted" about all thins possible!!! She is down to earth girl, that she even asked me like - So where are you going out at night, so do you have a girlfriend... SHE IS JUST GREAT! ! !

Ajmo Jeco! ! !

#9 ·
Tenis Srbija said:
I met her few times in past, cause I trained at the same club as she...

But the first time I really spoke with her was after "US Open", at press-conference. After she did the pc, and an inteview's with few journalists (me also :D) she, her mom, chairmen of TC "Red Star" and her daughter, and ME :) sat at one table and spoke for a while... Me and Jelena were sitting next to eache other and we "chatted" about all thins possible!!! She is down to earth girl, that she even asked me like - So where are you going out at night, so do you have a girlfriend... SHE IS JUST GREAT! ! !

Ajmo Jeco! ! !
Lucky you :)

#11 ·
Tenis Srbija said:
Lucky, lucky me :)))

And a week after that I went to Ana Ivanović trainig and chated with her about Davis Cup match Serbia - Swiss :D

Such a gooood month for me ;)
:eek: :eek:
I so envy you :worship:

#13 ·
Tenis Srbija said:
Ha, ha, ha, there is no need to envy me :)
Well maybe a little :p

Just joking... I will organise a meeting with Ana for visitor's of Tenis Srbija... Also with JJ ;)

There will be a big event... You will find out ;)
:hehehe:
Thanks ;)

#17 ·
I met her at the Zurich Open in 2006 and we basically only talked about tennis. She had just lost a match to Sveta, but there were some really bad calls, so we were talking badly about the linesmen.
It was like that:

S: Hey Jelena, what a great match! I'm so sorry that you lost :/
JJ: I'm telling you they were cheating me!!! The line judges were cheating all the time.
S: Well, yeah there were some ridiculous calls, but I'm telling you this was by far the best match this week. You really played well. Plus you dont wanna know how bad the calls in Hingis' matches have been :smiiiile:.
Puts on her BIG SMILE JJ: Thanks, I'm happy that you liked the match. (doesnt say anything about Marti)
S: Uhm, could I have an autograph :angel:?
JJ: Sure :) *signing*
S nearly drops down dead trying to say: ThaA AN N N N ks a L OO OOOO OT...
From afar : Sneki: *something in Serbian*
JJ: OK, gotta go do some press, my mom's waiting.
S: Alright, I hope you will come back next year and win it.
JJ smiles says i will and bye and goes to Sneki...

#25 ·
isn't that the calculation of the number of matches that JJ's played minus the number of times she won an argument with a lines judge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.