Vero Cepede Royg - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 440 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

This Week- Career High Ranking: 488

$10,000 Asuncion III | Clay | Nov 21
1 Veronica Cepede Royg d. Csilia Argyelan 7-5 6-2
2 Veronica Cepede Royg d. Lucia Jara-Lozano(8) 6-2 6-3
QF Eva Fernandez Brugues(3) d. Veronica Cepede Royg 6-3 2-6 6-2

She is defending F points from $10K Lima, and next week W points from $10K La Serena.

Last edited by Hayato; Dec 4th, 2010 at 05:41 AM.
Hayato is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 440 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

She won today 6-2 6-3

Next is against Eva Fernandez Brugues, who is a slight level above most of the players Vero has played in her career. Good luck!!
Hayato is offline  
post #63 of 440 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,840
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

How does she plays? She plays like who from the tour?
Thanks Ranadalara

...JANKOVIC...ZVONAREVA...PEER...

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...LOTTNER... PODOROSKA...
...ESTABLE...VEGA...


Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig Marcela Zacarias
pregunta is offline  
post #64 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2010, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaConti View Post
How does she plays? She plays like who from the tour?
Thanks Ranadalara
I'm not too sure yet either! I have only seen her play a couple of times, at the Fed Cup last year in Canada where she beat Castano and Vaisemberg, but lost to Dubois. She has a pretty solid game; hits quite hard- hits winners. Her serve isn't (or at least wasn't) too much of a weapon, but she's been working at improving it. I'm not sure if I could say who in the top 100 she plays like yet, but she has some variety in her game, she can hit angles and drop shots, and she has a great lob too.

.
Hayato is offline  
post #65 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2010, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

This Week-

$10,000 Santiago I | Clay | Nov 28
1 Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Camila San Martin(Q) 6-0 6-1
2 Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Estefania Donnet 6-0 ret.
QF Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Luciana Sarmenti 6-3 6-4
SF Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Karolina Nowak(2) 7-5 1-6 6-4
F Veronica Cepede Royg(4) vs. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto(1)

She also won her 4th consecutive doubles title with Luciana Sarmenti this week in very convincing style. 15 match winning streak in doubles!

Next week: $10K Talca, Chile

.
Hayato is offline  
post #66 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
 
LegionArgentina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 23,365
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara View Post
I'm not too sure yet either! I have only seen her play a couple of times, at the Fed Cup last year in Canada where she beat Castano and Vaisemberg, but lost to Dubois. She has a pretty solid game; hits quite hard- hits winners. Her serve isn't (or at least wasn't) too much of a weapon, but she's been working at improving it. I'm not sure if I could say who in the top 100 she plays like yet, but she has some variety in her game, she can hit angles and drop shots, and she has a great lob too.
Yes.I should add that her forehand is her best weapon she hits plenty of winners with it,her weakness is her footwork and defense.
Those matches that you mention were played on carpet but when she plays on red clay she plays similiar to Stosur (of course not the serve of Sam )

*Molinero*Bua*Radwanska*Wozniacki*Schiavone*Schynd er*

*Peng*SuarezNavarro*Rybarikova*Hibi*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Petit.
*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMarino*
LegionArgentina is offline  
post #67 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 117,797
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara View Post
This Week-

$10,000 Santiago I | Clay | Nov 28
1 Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Camila San Martin(Q) 6-0 6-1
2 Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Estefania Donnet 6-0 ret.
QF Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Luciana Sarmenti 6-3 6-4
SF Veronica Cepede Royg(4) d. Karolina Nowak(2) 7-5 1-6 6-4
F Veronica Cepede Royg(4) vs. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto(1)

She also won her 4th consecutive doubles title with Luciana Sarmenti this week in very convincing style. 15 match winning streak in doubles!

Next week: $10K Talca, Chile
Well done Vero

4 in a row It looks like she can always become a doubles specialist if her singles career never pans out
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #68 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Another fantastic week for Vero in Chile this week! She hasn't dropped a set en-route to the final, and she won her 5th consecutive doubles title (18 match winning streak) with Luciana Sarmenti for the second consecutive week, and without the drop of a set.

$10,000 Talca | Clay | Nov 28
1 Veronica Cepede Royg(5) d. Mariana Demichelli Vergara 4-1 ret.
2 Veronica Cepede Royg(5) d. Daniela Seguel 7-5 6-0
QF Veronica Cepede Royg(5) d. Carolina Zeballos 7-6(1) 6-1
SF Veronica Cepede Royg(5) d. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto(2) 7-5 6-0
F Veronica Cepede Royg(5) vs. Camila Silva(6)

2010 Win/Loss Record: 30-7

Into her 5th final in her last 8 tournaments. One more victory tomorrow to finish off the year would be perfect, she would reach her career high ranking of around 475. And then of course she's got nothing to defend until August next year! Keep it up Vero!!

.
Hayato is offline  
post #69 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 117,797
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Wow , what a fall/winter for Vero! I think she may be ready to play some larger ITFs in 2011
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #70 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Wow , what a fall/winter for Vero! I think she may be ready to play some larger ITFs in 2011
Definitely, Heath! She's graduated from juniors now, she'll play a full WTA calendar in 2011.

I keep refreshing the ITF site waiting for her final result of 2010, fingers crossed she will finish on a high with a victory over Cami Silva!!! She had a 6 hour wait at the club yesterday with all the rain, so I expect she'll be glad to go back to Asuncion after today and have a well earnt rest!

.
Hayato is offline  
post #71 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Juarito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mar del Plata, ARG
Posts: 5,012
                     
Re: Vero Cepede Royg- Paraguayan Prospect

The match has already started, you can follow it on bet365.com
Juarito is offline  
post #72 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Vero Cepede Royg- Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarito View Post
The match has already started, you can follow it on bet365.com
Muchisimas gracias!!! I didn't know they would have livescores for a $10,000.

Well it looks like Vero trailed *5-2 in the first set, Silva must have had at least one set point on her serve. Great comeback Vero!! She won the tiebreak 7-6(2).

She broke to love in the second set, now serving at 7-6(2) *1-0.

Keep going!

.
Hayato is offline  
post #73 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hayato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 33,996
                     
Re: Vero Cepede Royg- Paraguayan Prospect

She won! 7-6(2) 3-6 6-3



Great finish to the year! Well done!!

.
Hayato is offline  
post #74 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Juarito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mar del Plata, ARG
Posts: 5,012
                     
Re: Vero Cepede Royg- Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara View Post
Muchisimas gracias!!! I didn't know they would have livescores for a $10,000.

Well it looks like Vero trailed *5-2 in the first set, Silva must have had at least one set point on her serve. Great comeback Vero!! She won the tiebreak 7-6(2).

She broke to love in the second set, now serving at 7-6(2) *1-0.

Keep going!
Bet365.com had livescore coverage from most of south american 10k this year. It's funny you didn't notice
Juarito is offline  
post #75 of 440 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ~BALTIMORE~
Posts: 117,797
                     
Re: Vero Cepede Royg- Paraguayan Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara View Post
She won! 7-6(2) 3-6 6-3



Great finish to the year! Well done!!
Well fought Vero!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome