Re: The JJ Forum Pick Thread (Vol 2)
Welcome to Doha Season Ending Championships
We have some new rules for this tournament that will probably stay for the next season, too. I'd like to call it a Pick ROADMAP! I will add few more changes and announce the new pick rules after Doha. This is it for now...
1. Change(s) in points distribution.
Correct prediction of a match winner is now worth 2 points and correct set scoreline prediction is worth 3 points. Next season tournaments of different level will have different points distribution as well, with Grand Slams being the most valuable. That should spice things up a bit.
2. Tournament commitment.
- If you commit to a tournament by predicting JJ's progress, each round of the tournament you committed to becomes mandatory for you. If you miss a round you will be awarded with negative points: -1 point for each round missed at that tournament.
- If you don't commit to a tournament, you can still pick for each round, but you will be penalized with -3 points for missing the Progress Pick. As this will be your non-commitment tournament you will not be extra penalized for any missed round.
3. SEC rules.
- For this season all pickers will be allowed to pick, but next year only the 10 best pickers will be eligible to take part at the SEC. This should motivate pickers to be more consistent during the season 'cos only the best will be able to fight for this prestigious title. If a top 10 player doesn't commit to Doha, a WC will be awarded to the next best picker that hasn't qualified.
- You will be picking for all 15 (RRx12, SFx2, F) matches at this tournament, not only JJ's matches. There will be 3 picks a day during RR stage, 2 picks on a semifinal day and 1 final pick on the last day of the Championships.
- Once Doha groups are decided, you will be reminded to pick for JJ's Progress and thus commit to the SEC. You will have following options for Doha PP:
RR(0) - Jelena will go 0-3 in her group and fail to qualify for the SF.
RR(1) - Jelena will go 1-2 in her group and fail to qualify for the SF.
RR(2) - Jelena will go 2-1 in her group, but fail to qualify for the SF (unlucky Jeja).
SF - Jelena will reach semifinal.
F - Jelena will reach final.
Title - Jelena will win 2009 Doha SEC.
"There is no difference if you won a Grand Slam or you didn't win a Grand Slam."