Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
 35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 492
 
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Where is she playing next? - Doha maybe?

grigordimitrov-bg.com - Новини, резултати, информация за Григор Димитров

Tsvetana Pironkova
kr1s71an is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
hellas719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ATHENS GR
Posts: 50,694
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Tsveti lost 7-5 2-6 4-6 against Kuznetsova

Daniilidou. Venus. Azarenka. Halep. Wickmayer.
Cornet. Ivanovic. Vesnina.. Vaidisova. Krajicek.
Paszek. Begu. Cirstea. Lisicki. Pavlyuchenkova.
Pironkova. Stephens. Tatishvili. McHale. Flipkens.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
I'm obsessed with the Greek players. Deal with it.

ANNA GERASIMOU-EIRINI GEORGATOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hellas719 is offline  
post #63 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Pironkova vs. Makarova


Even though she won in straight sets almost all the games went to deuce. The conditions were really windy and tsveti was dealing better with the
wind. She was consistent, and kept the ball in play. She made a few unforced errors but as the match progressed the number of unforced errors decreased I was impressed by her forehand because it was consistent, and she got agressive at times and hit a lot of winners. Her serve was working perfectly as well. I haven't seen her play this well since wimbledon.Makarova didn't know how to deal with tsveti's game and her consistency which lead to a lot of unforced errors. I was shocked to see Tsveti get frustrated at times but it showed how much she needed that win. After the match, she was really nice and greeted fans, and took pictures with them ( it lasted like 10 minutes). It was like the Tsveti from Wimbledon was back.


Pironkova vs. Kuznetsova

Tsveti started off solidly. She was playing better than her match against Makarova. She missed a couple of chances but she was fighting hard for every point. She had 2 BPs on svetlana's serve and she lost them in the first set. Then at 2-1 tsveti was down 40-0, she fought back and went on to win to break and win the game 3-1. Svetlana had a problem with tsveti's serve, especially the first serve because it was working really well for her. Her slice forehand let her down at times, but she didn't play it too often. The line judges were very bad on one side of the court and there were a couple of bad calls. First, at 5-5 tsveti was leading 40-15 , then the line judge made a terrible call and the umpire refused to over rule. Tsveti looked slightly annoyed but she calmed herself down and went on to win the set 7-5. ( she also saved bps at 6-5)

In the second set Tsveti began the game by being in control. But then at 1-1 the line judge made another bad call. This time, tsveti was furious because Svetlana's ball was so out but no call was made. Tsveti was furious, and so were some of the fans. It was a very important point because if the ball was called out Tsveti would have gained a BP, and we dont know were the match would have gone from there.The bad calls slightly messed with Tsveti's concentration and now the Unforced Errors were beggining to kick in. Svetlana began playing better but Tsveti also began her Unforced Errors. Pirokova began getting frustrated with herself because she had been in control of the match up until the bad call. Nothing else really happened in the second set..

After the second set, tsveti took along bathroom break to group herself. But quickly , she began trailing 3-0. Tsveti's fighting spirit( which impressed me) brought her back to 3-3. But then Svetlana started firing winners because Tsveti looked very tired because she was on the defensive side through out the third set. She got slower, and at times she couldn't move at all. She's a strong girl she was still fighting but the fatigue was taking over. I believe she was so tired because she hasn't been used to these type of matches in a long time. The match laster almost 2 hours and 40 minutes. Tsveti was close to tears at the end of the match but she saved a MP, i knew she was still fighting but at the end Svetlana was too good

All in all, i believe that all of you Pironkova fans should be really be really proud of her.

A couple of improvements needed:

1- Her forehand ( it let her down at times)

2- Her second serve could be stronger

3- I think she could work more on her fitness and her movements.
Maryamator is offline  
 
post #64 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Where is she playing next? - Doha maybe?
That would be logical yeah.
Maryamator is offline  
post #65 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
dreylau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,626
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryamator View Post
Pironkova vs. Makarova


Even though she won in straight sets almost all the games went to deuce. The conditions were really windy and tsveti was dealing better with the
wind. She was consistent, and kept the ball in play. She made a few unforced errors but as the match progressed the number of unforced errors decreased I was impressed by her forehand because it was consistent, and she got agressive at times and hit a lot of winners. Her serve was working perfectly as well. I haven't seen her play this well since wimbledon.Makarova didn't know how to deal with tsveti's game and her consistency which lead to a lot of unforced errors. I was shocked to see Tsveti get frustrated at times but it showed how much she needed that win. After the match, she was really nice and greeted fans, and took pictures with them ( it lasted like 10 minutes). It was like the Tsveti from Wimbledon was back.


Pironkova vs. Kuznetsova

Tsveti started off solidly. She was playing better than her match against Makarova. She missed a couple of chances but she was fighting hard for every point. She had 2 BPs on svetlana's serve and she lost them in the first set. Then at 2-1 tsveti was down 40-0, she fought back and went on to win to break and win the game 3-1. Svetlana had a problem with tsveti's serve, especially the first serve because it was working really well for her. Her slice forehand let her down at times, but she didn't play it too often. The line judges were very bad on one side of the court and there were a couple of bad calls. First, at 5-5 tsveti was leading 40-15 , then the line judge made a terrible call and the umpire refused to over rule. Tsveti looked slightly annoyed but she calmed herself down and went on to win the set 7-5. ( she also saved bps at 6-5)

In the second set Tsveti began the game by being in control. But then at 1-1 the line judge made another bad call. This time, tsveti was furious because Svetlana's ball was so out but no call was made. Tsveti was furious, and so were some of the fans. It was a very important point because if the ball was called out Tsveti would have gained a BP, and we dont know were the match would have gone from there.The bad calls slightly messed with Tsveti's concentration and now the Unforced Errors were beggining to kick in. Svetlana began playing better but Tsveti also began her Unforced Errors. Pirokova began getting frustrated with herself because she had been in control of the match up until the bad call. Nothing else really happened in the second set..

After the second set, tsveti took along bathroom break to group herself. But quickly , she began trailing 3-0. Tsveti's fighting spirit( which impressed me) brought her back to 3-3. But then Svetlana started firing winners because Tsveti looked very tired because she was on the defensive side through out the third set. She got slower, and at times she couldn't move at all. She's a strong girl she was still fighting but the fatigue was taking over. I believe she was so tired because she hasn't been used to these type of matches in a long time. The match laster almost 2 hours and 40 minutes. Tsveti was close to tears at the end of the match but she saved a MP, i knew she was still fighting but at the end Svetlana was too good

All in all, i believe that all of you Pironkova fans should be really be really proud of her.

A couple of improvements needed:

1- Her forehand ( it let her down at times)

2- Her second serve could be stronger

3- I think she could work more on her fitness and her movements.
thanks for the reports

www.tsvetanapironkova.com

Tsvetana's official website
dreylau is offline  
post #66 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

She is not playing Doha
Maryamator is offline  
post #67 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan. View Post
Because she is in Mexico
oo la la thats great
Maryamator is offline  
post #68 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Ivan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,695
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Yeah, she is third seeded there and i hope for good run

Sesil Karatancheva * Tsvetana Pironkova


Maggie Maleeva

Ivan. is offline  
post #69 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan. View Post
Yeah, she is third seeded there and i hope for good run
If she plays like she did in Dubai then hopefully she will do well . Small question, why is she not on the entry list ? http://www.abiertomextenis.com.mx/ju...jugadores-2011
Maryamator is offline  
post #70 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Ivan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,695
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Ohh i thought Monrterey and Doha are in the same week

Sesil Karatancheva * Tsvetana Pironkova


Maggie Maleeva

Ivan. is offline  
post #71 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan. View Post
Ohh i thought Monrterey and Doha are in the same week
i got confused too! apparently there are 2 back to back tournaments in Mexico She's playing next week in Monterey then

Now the confusion is gone

Goodluck Tsveti
Maryamator is offline  
post #72 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 88
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Expected Tsveti to play in Monterrey -- she was listed in the players list on the website -- but she's not in the draw. I guess she's waiting til Indian Wells to play next.
Phesto is offline  
post #73 of 1113 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Bulgaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 3,040
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Yes I expected that too but apparently she was a late withdrawal. There were a lot of articles in bulgarian press about the dangers from playing in Mexico and the warning WTA & ATP send to the players. Maybe this was a reason for her to change her mind and not play here. Her next tournament is Indian Wells & then Miami as every year.

Best Bulgarian Tennis Players

Tsvetana Pironkova Grigor Dimitrov

Youngsters - Viktoriya Tomova & Dimitar Kuzmanov
Bulgaria is offline  
post #74 of 1113 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
eDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Tsveti is going to be seeded in IW (no.30) so she starts in 2nd round.
eDonkey is offline  
post #75 of 1113 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
hellas719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ATHENS GR
Posts: 50,694
                     
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

She will play against (Q) Cornet in the second round on Friday

Daniilidou. Venus. Azarenka. Halep. Wickmayer.
Cornet. Ivanovic. Vesnina.. Vaidisova. Krajicek.
Paszek. Begu. Cirstea. Lisicki. Pavlyuchenkova.
Pironkova. Stephens. Tatishvili. McHale. Flipkens.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
I'm obsessed with the Greek players. Deal with it.

ANNA GERASIMOU-EIRINI GEORGATOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hellas719 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome