Tennis Forum banner

Celebrity tennis fans

4K views 93 replies 56 participants last post by  samn 
#1 ·
Which famous persons play tennis or are known to be interested in tennis?

Here are some politicians that I can think of:

Former German president Richard von Weizsäcker
Former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder
Boris Yeltsin
George Bush Sr.

There are probably many more. :)

#4 ·
Bill Clinton
IIRC, he was at the beginning of
Venus/Lindsay 00' USO Final
before the rain.

#5 ·
Sean Connery Better known as James Bond was at Wimbledon last year i remember seeing him there. Lebron James too

#12 ·
gavin rossdale (stefani's hubby) is the one who really got gwen into tennis!

#14 ·
neptuneslims said:
Matthew Perry used to play, didn't he?

I remember during an Andrew Murray match last year, all the shots of Sean Connery in the stands. :)
Yeah, I believe he was a pretty good tennis player. He competedl in the national (canadian) competion.

Hmmm, are all those celebrities REAL tennis fans or are they just attending a match because it gives them world wide PR?

#15 ·
hotduncz_!8 said:
Queen Elizabeth
You're kidding, aren't you? Her Maj doesn't like tennis at all. The last time she attended Wimbledon was in 1977 when Sarah Wade won the women's singles title for Britain, and the Queen was reportedly seen reading a horse racing magazine while the final was being played.

#16 ·
samn said:
You're kidding, aren't you? Her Maj doesn't like tennis at all. The last time she attended Wimbledon was in 1977 when Sarah Wade won the women's singles title for Britain, and the Queen was reportedly seen reading a horse racing magazine while the final was being played.
Is Virginia Wade's name Sarah?? :confused:

#17 ·
Denise4925 said:
Is Virginia Wade's name Sarah?? :confused:
Sarah Virginia Wade :wavey:

#18 ·
former double Olympic Decathlon Champ....... Daley Thompson :)
seen him a few times watching matches on the outside courts at Wimbledon.

#20 ·
Paneru said:
Bill Clinton
IIRC, he was at the beginning of
Venus/Lindsay 00' USO Final
before the rain.
He's been spotted at Wimbledon a few times as well. ;)

Margaret Thatcher was at Wimbledon this past year, I think I remember seeing her there other years as well.

#23 ·
Jack Nicholson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.