In recent weeks, the new PAW Board have been debating potential rule changes for PAW which we believe will improve the game for both managers and players. The Board have agreed that the following rule changes which will come into force from the start of the 2013 season:-
Cancelling of PAW Tournaments
1. PAW tournaments which do not have a manager allocated will be cancelled 24 hours before the commitment deadline for that tournament and all players who have committed to that tournament will be moved to alternative tournament which does have a manager.
2. The maximum number of available wildcards to a player will remain at 2 per year.
3. The maximum number of wildcards which may be issued per tournament by the manager will now be unlimited, rather than the current maximum of 5. (providing that a player is eligible to receive a Wildcard)
4. The PAW Manager shall automatically allocate a Wildcard to any ‘non-committed’ player who post picks onto the tournament thread. (providing that a player is eligible to receive a Wildcard)
5. Two columns will be added into the monthly PAW Commitments thread to show the players their Wildcard usage status throughout the year.
6. The current rule which states that PAW players must have a minimum of 2 months forum membership and 100 posts before they can join the game will be scrapped. All new players will be able to join the game.
Posting of Picks
7. The PAW Board requests that all players should use a standard format of PAW Picks to help managers who use the newer versions of Excel spreadsheet (e.g. PAW01 Player A over Player B). However, there will be no penalties given to players who post picks in the wrong format.
PAW Ranking Points
8. The PAW ranking points structure will be changed from 2013 to match up with the current WTA rankings structure (e.g. GS=2000, PM=1000 etc).
9. The PAW ranking points structure will also be changed to take account of the fewer numbers of players in the game. e.g. GS 128 players, PM 96 players, P5 80 players, P 64 players, INT 64 players (single), INT 48 players all others.
10. A new thread called ‘Ask the PAW Board’ will be created, so that managers or players can ask for clarification of rules and propose rule changes to the PAW Board.
On behalf of the PAW Board