Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Travelling the Globe
Personally I’d like to keep it because:
1. The current format ensures PAW countries can verse other PAW countries – this adds more excitement
2. Luck is a part of sport, and especially tennis draws
3. Current format mirrors WTA Tour Fed Cup and is more realistic
4. The best aren’t always rewarded, take Zuluaga’s run to the Aus Open SF – luck of the draw, compared to Davenport just making the QF (having to face Henin), Zuluaga made it further but wasn’t necessarily the better performer
5. The whole concept of seedings and making the World Group Draw will be abolished. Furthermore since more than 16 teams can compete, dulls the idea of the "Race to the World Group"