*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
 32Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #736 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Vika's basically forgotten how to win matches. I was actually pretty confident heading into this week. There was a point in this match from about 2-4 in the 1st to the end of the 2nd where Vika was playing really well, and was actually more dominant than the scoreboard suggested in that time. I really don't know how she lost in the end. She let so many chances go. The overriding feeling after the match is one of deflation. Vika could really do with winning some tight matches, for whatever reason she's simply not winning big points right now.

I almost feel like she should play again before Canada. She needs matches imo, and she needs wins. I don't know where though, Stanford/Washington, I don't think she should play 3 weeks in a row. The US hard court calendar really sucks now. The only option is like Baku... In other words there are no options.
ozza is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #737 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Igor_Biscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,348
                     
The giorgi match was different, camila controlled the match and vika only started to edge her way in towards the end.

If vika keeps working, play like today and the wins will flow.

Official bagel and breadstick server of Vikaland
Igor_Biscan is offline  
post #738 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 726
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post

I almost feel like she should play again before Canada. She needs matches imo, and she needs wins. I don't know where though, Stanford/Washington, I don't think she should play 3 weeks in a row. The US hard court calendar really sucks now. The only option is like Baku... In other words there are no options.
She will be playing, she's playing WTT for Philly..some nice easy no pressure matches there.
cocoblush is offline  
post #739 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,391
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Well then answer the question. What is the best match played and the biggest win of Jovanovski´s career, since you dispute it was today.
I don't know, I don't watch much Jovanovski. I don't think Azarenka as it stands today is much of a big win though, looking at the players she's lost to and also how routinely she's lost to some of the top 10 players she's faced recently. This is probably on par with Jovanovski's wins over Wozniacki.
jay holter is offline  
post #740 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
 
hurricanejeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 10,186
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

I definitely think Vika just needs more matches, especially tight matches. You can't train or practice for tight matches and tight games, you just have to play them and adapt to the situation. I feel that all her mental toughness has collapsed due to her absence for the last few months not to mention the struggling she had between last year's US Open and Indian Wells. She has to rebuild her match confidence with winning matches and having to problem solve more and hopefully she'll be able to do that this summer on the hardcourts.

victoria azarenka
viva lindsay
hurricanejeanne is offline  
post #741 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
She will be playing, she's playing WTT for Philly..some nice easy no pressure matches there.
Against who though? Who do you even play in WTT? Isn't it like college players? She needs something a bit more competitive than that.

I mainly just want her going into the US Open in some kind of form. Not still scratching around for some wins. If she gets them in Canada and Cincinnati then fine there's nothing to worry about.
ozza is online now  
post #742 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
hurricanejeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 10,186
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Against who though? Who do you even play in WTT? Isn't it like college players? She needs something a bit more competitive than that.

I mainly just want her going into the US Open in some kind of form. Not still scratching around for some wins. If she gets them in Canada and Cincinnati then fine there's nothing to worry about.
WTT is usually former players, many of the Hall of Famers, mid ranked players(you're 50-150 ranged) and then the current stars (Vika would be the current star). It's competitive but it's very rapid (no ad scoring) but it's not as intense as regular matches. That said, it's still additional practice in match conditions without pressure and any little bit should help.

victoria azarenka
viva lindsay
hurricanejeanne is offline  
post #743 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Senior Member
 
StoneRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,320
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Us series may well come too early for her. After USO last year she hasn't played really serious tennis. It usually takes longer than a few months to fully regain form after such a long break. She'll be fine at the AO next year at least.
StoneRose is offline  
post #744 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Cindy and Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,474
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Us series may well come too early for her. After USO last year she hasn't played really serious tennis. It usually takes longer than a few months to fully regain form after such a long break. She'll be fine at the AO next year at least.
This is a bit what I think too. For me this is already a lost season, meaning she's not going to be a contender to win the USO or is going to make it to the YEC, but she still can have a good HC season, that is, maybe get some top 10 win and go deep into some draw. If she does that it will be fine by me, everything else would be a bonus really, even if today there were parts of the match were she managed to play at a very high level, but the consistency, BP conversion, ability to win big points and timing are still poor. She needs more and more matches to get gradually into sync.

Victoria looks fitter, but imo is still not enough. She has to drop at least 3 kg to be perfectly fine.
Cindy and Kate is offline  
post #745 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
 
JadeFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On a boat bitch
Posts: 4,311
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Alas I didn't get to see any of this match. I hope you guys who said she played well are right.

Forever Supporting:
The Empress Queen Vee Masha, Vika Sexlana CaroBear

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline  
post #746 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,159
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Alas I didn't get to see any of this match. I hope you guys who said she played well are right.
I would say saying she played well is stretching it.

There was a period of the match from about 2-4 in the first to the end of the 2nd set where I thought she was looking close to her best. But you can see where she isn't. For one the 2nd set really should have been won by a wider margin, Vika was completely dominating the match, it should have been 6-1 (Vika had break point in all of Jovanovski's service games in the 2nd set). Then immediately at the start of the 3rd she lost momentum. It was bad match play, that allowed it to be a slugfest. Then she should have broken at both 4-4 and 5-5. Then gets broken from 40-0.

All things being said it was probably like a 5-6/10 on a scale. When it was good, it looked good. But the start was really bad. To lose control of the match at the start of the 3rd was bad.

I am not as negative as some. In that I think Vika is on the verge of returning to her best. She looks the fittest she has in some time. The signs when she plays well were good today. It's just stringing it together. The time off has most affected her match play imo, because I actually think she played better tennis in a lot of matches she was winning say at last years US Open. But back then her match play was top notch, right now it's pretty bad.
ozza is online now  
post #747 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Heaux
 
Break My Rapture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28,224
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Ugh I'm not used to the feeling that Vika is the one being upset all the time in these big tournaments (bar injuries). This sucks, we'll have to wait a while again before she's on court next.

Those missed sitters were...
Break My Rapture is offline  
post #748 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Exordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14,637
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
victoria azarenka@vika7
work hard and then harder…I’m ready…
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/481911893498789888
Exordes is offline  
post #749 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,920
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I would say saying she played well is stretching it.

There was a period of the match from about 2-4 in the first to the end of the 2nd set where I thought she was looking close to her best. But you can see where she isn't. For one the 2nd set really should have been won by a wider margin, Vika was completely dominating the match, it should have been 6-1 (Vika had break point in all of Jovanovski's service games in the 2nd set). Then immediately at the start of the 3rd she lost momentum. It was bad match play, that allowed it to be a slugfest. Then she should have broken at both 4-4 and 5-5. Then gets broken from 40-0.

All things being said it was probably like a 5-6/10 on a scale. When it was good, it looked good. But the start was really bad. To lose control of the match at the start of the 3rd was bad.

I am not as negative as some. In that I think Vika is on the verge of returning to her best. She looks the fittest she has in some time. The signs when she plays well were good today. It's just stringing it together. The time off has most affected her match play imo, because I actually think she played better tennis in a lot of matches she was winning say at last years US Open. But back then her match play was top notch, right now it's pretty bad.
I thought she showed some of her best tennis of the match late in the third set where she defended quite well, hit some nice winners and dominated some long and intense rallies. I agree that overall Vika seems to be on the right track. There are definitely some positive signs in her game and attitude.

Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline  
post #750 of 5012 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Queen Vika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queen Nikolaj's Palace
Posts: 4,685
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Did she atleast chuck a tantrum

YEEZUS LOVES MY PUSSY BEST
Queen Vika is online now  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome