*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
 32Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,157
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Loss of motivation as a theory doesn't add up. If you lose motivation you tend to keep playing and just going through the motion as the money rolls in. Especially from an event you are the 2 times defending champion. Withdrawing has to have a reason or a purpose.

I hope it's not injury, but I fear it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Definitely. That was her best tournament the last two years and to withdraw either means injury or no motivation imho. Let´s be honest seeing her walk the dog with her new fitness coach and all these non-training photos wasn´t exactly encouraging. One can only hope there were hard workouts between every one of these sponsor, party and redfoo photos and that she is withdrawing for extra fitness/training preparation for the rest of the year. I am lacking faith in that explanation.
What someone is tweeting means next to nothing tbh. If you just went on twitter. No-one is training. They are just out jollying it up the whole time. How many pictures do you see of anyone training really?
ozza is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,207
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Well then we can prepare ourselves for the Dinara Safina back injury exit. That´s how her end started. Injury starting late in the summer, played through the US hardcourt season, bombed out in New York (Vika avoided that), unexpected losses during the Asian Tour, physical breakdown at the YEC, one Aussie prep and Aussie Open retirement loss 4th round, then out till Stuttgart. It´s pretty similar.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #33 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,207
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post



What someone is tweeting means next to nothing tbh. If you just went on twitter. No-one is training. They are just out jollying it up the whole time. How many pictures do you see of anyone training really?
So? Not sure why you thought you needed to lecture me. I acknowledged exactly the fact that she could very well be training hard between all these photos. But you don´t know that for a fact either.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #34 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 725
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

this is cray-cray .. i hope this isn't true because i haven't seen a source yet
cocoblush is offline  
post #35 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,157
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
this is cray-cray .. i hope this isn't true because i haven't seen a source yet
It will be true. Spiceboy is well connected. He/she has access to WTA Player Zone (though whisper it quietly), and can see when a player is withdrawing.
ozza is online now  
post #36 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Only Vika
 
Hyacinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 423
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

What a blow. No injury, no pregnancy please.
Hyacinth is offline  
post #37 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 725
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It will be true. Spiceboy is well connected. He/she has access to WTA Player Zone (though whisper it quietly), and can see when a player is withdrawing.
ah damn!

ETA: please no pregnancy too...but i can totally see that happening .
cocoblush is offline  
post #38 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:29 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,469
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

I'm trying to think of a best case scenario and there isn't really one . If it is a long term injury, it explains a lot, but that would be very bad. If it's not, then what the hell is going on ?

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #39 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,469
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Right about now I'm thinking about the Fed Cup withdrawal too. She claimed she never intended to play at the AO, but I mean she had entered and their website even had a story about her playing. It's another sign that something was already off there.

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #40 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,157
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I'm trying to think of a best case scenario and there isn't really one . If it is a long term injury, it explains a lot, but that would be very bad. If it's not, then what the hell is going on ?
The best case scenario is she is so upset with how she played in Australia that she's determined to make things right and is working hard to resurrect things, and deems a training block better for the longer term.

I have my doubts that is the case though. I am waiting until we hear the official reason first. If it's cited as back injury it doesn't sound good. Whether they will even state the true reason if it's serious is debatable too.
ozza is online now  
post #41 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,157
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Right about now I'm thinking about the Fed Cup withdrawal too. She claimed she never intended to play at the AO, but I mean she had entered. It's another sign that something was already off there.
I wouldn't read anything into this. It's debatable if she entered, the federation could have just nominated her. Wozniacki was also announced as playing Fed Cup but said similarly at Australian Open that she never intended to play. I never personally believed she would play Fed Cup, and said as such as soon as it was announced.
ozza is online now  
post #42 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,469
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The best case scenario is she is so upset with how she played in Australia that she's determined to make things right and is working hard to resurrect things, and deems a training block better for the longer term.

I have my doubts that is the case though. I am waiting until we hear the official reason first. If it's cited as back injury it doesn't sound good. Whether they will even state the true reason if it's serious is debatable too.
Yeah I'm not expecting to believe whatever they say it is.

Working hard to resurrect things would make sense to me pretty much any time of the year except Doha though, because it's historically been very good for her. She does like to say she doesn't really think about past years so who knows, but it just seems off. At this point, I almost hope she withdraws from IW too and then comes back strong at Miami then. Sort of the best case scenario is that forced time off (assuming that's what it is) will give her some drive again.

It's hard as a fan though. Since the US Open we had a bunch of shit then the whole off season, then a decent patch, and now another gap basically as long as the off season. I want to see her play again!

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #43 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 123
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

There'll be an "I'm drained. I can't wait to go Miami" excuse in Indian Wells.
viktoria,neveri is offline  
post #44 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,469
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Ozza, regarding your point about the training block in the GM thread, that would make sense, but would again indicate something was wrong (and hopefully not this motivation shit), and thus prevented her from doing so, during the off season .

UGH it's all so frustrating, but at least it makes us appreciate her past, and HOPEFULLY future success .

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #45 of 5012 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,469
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I don't buy this whole "lost motivation" excuse. Her supposed lack of motivation started with the injury at Wimbledon and I doubt it's a coincidence.
To be fair it really started after the US Open. She just was playing kind of poorly over the summer but she was perfectly motivated.

I suppose it's possible that loss just affected her so much she's still recovering. But an injury is also very plausible.

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome