*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 337 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5041 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,738
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Thought some comic relief might be nice .

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5042 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,738
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

This loss is a reminder that we should try to just not expect anything. 2012 was amazing and she CAN play that way, but it's also such a struggle to maintain that form, so the best mindset as fans should really be not hope for anything and just appreciate what comes. This wasn't a lost opportunity, but instead another Grand Slam quarterfinal, which is better than many of her rivals achieved in Melbourne!

Despite her huge opening, I somehow had the feeling that something would go wrong (didn't expect it against Lady Aga though ) so it still doesn't feel like a missed opportunity so much as a hard loss to swallow. Things can change quickly though (for better or worse) so I guess we'll see in Doha how she deals with it.

Also, he's done amazing things for her and hopefully still can, so I don't want to write this, but the way things are going maybe she needs a new coach… It's clear that Vika has so much faith in Sam that I think this would only happen if things either get so bad there's no alternative or so good that she can end it on a high, so it wouldn't happen soon. It also would need to happen on her own terms so she's ready for a new coach. Nevertheless, it's possible that this relationship has run its course.

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #5043 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
joshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,636
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I would like to hear what Sam says about this loss. No one expected it and the worst part was how clueless she showed on court.

I thought about the coaching thing before AO, Thought 2013 is someday a regress but then cannot take away the time of injury. She needs to get to next level but I don't see her trying. Sometimes I hear her interviews saying there will not be major changes as she has a good game, I scared a bit cos that sounds like caro 2 years ago. The rest of the tour is improving fast , she might get behind if she doesn't . Probably to command on her fighting spirit to scrap the matches but her game itself is not stronger. Imagine she gets the mental toughness and her game together.

I think Sam came in the time when she was always restless and too impulsive. These few years she calm down but sometimes I feel she was too passive to other extreme. I think it's fair to see how the rest of year develops without injuries then we will know. She desperate need a serving coach though.
joshum is offline  
post #5044 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California / København
Posts: 20,375
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

This better be a fucking wake-up call for Vika. She looked absolutely clueless out there. Fuck tennis and fuck Australian Open


#ЯКатерина

Andreas is offline  
post #5045 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Na must win the slam. Must.
oh yeah i guess is offline  
post #5046 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Senior Member
 
JadeFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On a boat bitch
Posts: 4,311
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
This better be a fucking wake-up call for Vika. She looked absolutely clueless out there. Fuck tennis and fuck Australian Open

Forever Supporting:
The Empress Queen Vee Masha, Vika Sexlana CaroBear

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline  
post #5047 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Igor_Biscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,348
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
This loss is a reminder that we should try to just not expect anything. 2012 was amazing and she CAN play that way, but it's also such a struggle to maintain that form, so the best mindset as fans should really be not hope for anything and just appreciate what comes. This wasn't a lost opportunity, but instead another Grand Slam quarterfinal, which is better than many of her rivals achieved in Melbourne!

Despite her huge opening, I somehow had the feeling that something would go wrong (didn't expect it against Lady Aga though ) so it still doesn't feel like a missed opportunity so much as a hard loss to swallow. Things can change quickly though (for better or worse) so I guess we'll see in Doha how she deals with it.

Also, he's done amazing things for her and hopefully still can, so I don't want to write this, but the way things are going maybe she needs a new coach… It's clear that Vika has so much faith in Sam that I think this would only happen if things either get so bad there's no alternative or so good that she can end it on a high, so it wouldn't happen soon. It also would need to happen on her own terms so she's ready for a new coach. Nevertheless, it's possible that this relationship has run its course.
Nah, it is a missed opportunity, and I'd be thinking that even if Serena had still been in the tournament. At the same time, if Vika steps on court and suddenly loses the ability to destroy aga's puffball serves, its hard for her to do much about it other than suck it up and go back to practising.

And as fans all we can do is complain a bit on the internet, get over it evenetually and get ready to support her in Doha.

Official bagel and breadstick server of Vikaland
Igor_Biscan is offline  
post #5048 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,129
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
The rest of the tour is improving fast
Nope. It's a game of who declines less atm.
TennisGhost is offline  
post #5049 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,034
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Nope. It's a game of who declines less atm.
Agreed.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #5050 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,034
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

The day Cibulkova has to show Vika how to beat Aga. Never thought I´d see that day. Brilliant performance from the little annoyance. That´s why I´m always in full blown crisis mode, when I see her in Vika´s draw and if she now starts to use her brain it only gets worse.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #5051 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

And then so often she flops to much lesser players? What's up with that? Pome should be in the top 10.
oh yeah i guess is offline  
post #5052 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,034
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
And then so often she flops to much lesser players? What's up with that? Pome should be in the top 10.
I think she truly is the definition of a big match player. The focus and consistency just isn´t there from week to week. Probably also an issue of sustaining it physically at her size. Never in the top 10, not even with the AO title, but reached the QF at all four majors already. She gets up for the big matches and she is a bitch (in a positive sense) to play, when she has confidence. She has a lot of wins over top players.

- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a reigning world #1.
- Caroline Wozniacki has never beaten a top 5 player at a major.
- Caroline Wozniacki has not beaten a top 3 player en route to any of her 23 titles.
- Caroline Wozniacki has beaten two top 5 players en route to her 23 titles (#4 Zvonareva and #5 Schiavone)

-Her fans think she had very bad luck with her Grand Slam and Regular Tour draws.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #5053 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,738
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I think she truly is the definition of a big match player. The focus and consistency just isn´t there from week to week. Probably also an issue of sustaining it physically at her size. Never in the top 10, not even with the AO title, but reached the QF at all four majors already. She gets up for the big matches and she is a bitch (in a positive sense) to play, when she has confidence. She has a lot of wins over top players.
I just saw your thread in GM, which is an interesting topic. I definitely agree that it helped Fistpump stay calmer here. More importantly though, I thought it was very strange how often Vika was fist pumping and saying "come on" (not very loudly though) against Scone, mostly on errors. I agree that it's gotten to the point that it seems players are using them to try to give themselves confidence instead of when that feeling is genuine.

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #5054 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I'm also beginning to think that the criticism of the fistpumps as 'disrespectful' is a bit rubbish, even on errors. It's more like a realisation of 'yes, I can do it, I have the chance.' Vika didn't seem to be fistpumping that much yesterday.
oh yeah i guess is offline  
post #5055 of 5091 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
joshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,636
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I felt like I got the revenge seeing aga lost. Vika just had too many errors and played herself into shit. Oh well at least I don't need to see aga in final. Cibu believed in herself and went for her shots. Sometimes it may not work week after week, but these 2 weeks she is on fire. Who would have known. It's the same she has nothing to lose against aga like aga had nothing to lose against vika. Wearing expectation is not easy.
joshum is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome