*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 290 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4336 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 441
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
Sexiest Female Athletes of 2013
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51803...m#.UoeMSXkazCQ

Victoria Azarenka

The professional tennis player, Azarenka is currently ranked as World No 2 as of Aug 5, 2013. She is the girlfriend of LMFAO's frontman Redfoo. She is one woman who can give Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova a run for their money.
BRIEFLY: Seriously? Sharapova?! can't believe they/she mentioned Sharapova...quite annoying
OnlyTennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4337 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 25,110
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if you know anything about Vika's schedule for 2014?

As far as we know she's confirmed for Brisbane and the Australian Open. I guess she'll also play Doha or Dubai (or both) Indian Wells and Miami.

Azarenka Radwanska Muguruza Bouchard Wozniacki Cirstea Mladenovic
VIKA? is offline  
post #4338 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,578
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I haven't seen any news on her schedule beyond Australia.
ozza is offline  
post #4339 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:33 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 25,110
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I haven't seen any news on her schedule beyond Australia.
Yes, me neither. She (or whoever runs her website) used to post a list of the tournaments she'd play during the first half of the season, not anymore though

Azarenka Radwanska Muguruza Bouchard Wozniacki Cirstea Mladenovic
VIKA? is offline  
post #4340 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 02:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,192
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I think this is an important part of the year for the players, but boring for us. Any suggestions of an old match to watch?

Last match i watched was vs Ivanovic in last year Wimbledon. Not a great match overall, but a bit fun as people thought it would be even.

Would be great if Vika can win Wimbledon one year. Even if hard court is the most important surface overall, i would just like to see her with that Wimbledon title. Whatever the problem was that caused the fall, they should have enough time to sort out until next year. (Shoes, Surface, Her movement or whatever it was).
garwe is offline  
post #4341 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 03:45 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,742
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I think Cincinnati final is fun to rewatch . Otherwise maybe something from 2012? Or the Australian final is a bit under-rated.

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #4342 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 04:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,192
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I think Cincinnati final is fun to rewatch . Otherwise maybe something from 2012? Or the Australian final is a bit under-rated.
Yes, the Australian final went on forever. Fireworks, Li Na's injuries. I dont even remember the quality of the match. Will watch it again.

Three matches i watched most from 2012 is the AO final, Indian Wells quarter and Beijing semi final. Very close to the best of Vika we ever seen in those three matches imo.
garwe is offline  
post #4343 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 441
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I think this is an important part of the year for the players, but boring for us. Any suggestions of an old match to watch?

Last match i watched was vs Ivanovic in last year Wimbledon. Not a great match overall, but a bit fun as people thought it would be even.

Would be great if Vika can win Wimbledon one year. Even if hard court is the most important surface overall, i would just like to see her with that Wimbledon title. Whatever the problem was that caused the fall, they should have enough time to sort out until next year. (Shoes, Surface, Her movement or whatever it was).
She could have won Wimbledon this year IMO if it hadn't been for that injury...
You could also watch the Doha final; I thought it was a good match. Actually all the matches in Doha were pretty good, it was a pleasure to watch them. Also vs Kuznetsova at the AO...
OnlyTennis is offline  
post #4344 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,192
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTennis View Post
She could have won Wimbledon this year IMO if it hadn't been for that injury...
You could also watch the Doha final; I thought it was a good match. Actually all the matches in Doha were pretty good, it was a pleasure to watch them. Also vs Kuznetsova at the AO...
I rewatched the first Doha match vs Oprandi. It started so bad (much wind as well). She was about to go down 0-3 and looked really slow and off. Then it just turned around for most of the tournament.
garwe is offline  
post #4345 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 441
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I rewatched the first Doha match vs Oprandi. It started so bad (much wind as well). She was about to go down 0-3 and looked really slow and off. Then it just turned around for most of the tournament.
I miss that. Hope she'll start doing it again, or, to be more optimistic: I am sure she will do that again.
OnlyTennis is offline  
post #4346 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Katyushenjka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Serena Williams will play Victoria Azarenka in an exhibition match in Thailand next month in a clash of the world's top two female players.

Katyushenjka is offline  
post #4347 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 441
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I so can't wait to see that. I hope it will be streamed; about that, any idea if it will?
OnlyTennis is offline  
post #4348 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
 
iGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Posts: 29,742
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Vika was in the top ten of "Trending Now" on Yahoo! today .

My number one: Victoria Azarenka

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenchies! Gilles Simon Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline  
post #4349 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 441
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Vika was in the top ten of "Trending Now" on Yahoo! today .
Do you have a link?
OnlyTennis is offline  
post #4350 of 5091 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,129
                     
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Can't wait for that exhibition.
TennisGhost is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome