Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 369
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Today is a good chance that the match will be shown Anna from Stuttgart.
http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Yuri_Bot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
_inocencia_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 942
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

and ofcourse, i work from 3 p.m.

Princess Anna Chakvetadze
_inocencia_ is offline  
post #33 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 25,413
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

yep we will have a livestream of the princess it is only a 1 camera view but hey i'll take anything, be good to actually see how her game looks

Anna Chakvetadze Rules

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate
sammy01 is offline  
post #34 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Rafa_thebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 716
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

GREAT NEWS! can't wait to watch her play!!

Venus/Chakvetadze/Sharapova/Hantuchova
Rafa_thebest is offline  
post #35 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 25,413
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

so chak has an 80% chance of drawing a qualifier in the open round of the MD and 20% chance of drawing bartoli, i have always been unlucky let's hope i don't effect chak too

Anna Chakvetadze Rules

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate
sammy01 is offline  
post #36 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,528
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Go Anna!
18majors is offline  
post #37 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
👑
 
Northstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 37,064
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Anna
Northstar is offline  
post #38 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
AO16 Champ.
 
Kerber Counter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 32,066
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Anna


Angelique Kerber 2016 Australian Open Champion
♥ Barthel ♥ Pliskova ♥ Shvedova ♥ Pavly ♥ Garcia ♥ Muguruza ♥
Kerber Counter is offline  
post #39 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
AO16 Champ.
 
Kerber Counter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 32,066
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

When Anna was on, Katya was really hopeless.


Angelique Kerber 2016 Australian Open Champion
♥ Barthel ♥ Pliskova ♥ Shvedova ♥ Pavly ♥ Garcia ♥ Muguruza ♥
Kerber Counter is offline  
post #40 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
_inocencia_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 942
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

great, she qualif.
unfortunately, i couldn't watch
@melange : when bondarenko got injured, the 2nd set?

Princess Anna Chakvetadze
_inocencia_ is offline  
post #41 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Wintermute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 9,374
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Anna def. [7] K. Bondarenko 6-3 7-6(2)

Well done Anna on qualifying and taking out two seeds in the process.

I was at work so couldn't watch the stream. But I did have livescores so I saw Anna was a break down in the 2nd set. How's her game looking? Much better service percentage than QR2 and still positive in the aceF count.

Anna Chakvetadze
Agnieszka Radwanska Vera Zvonareva • Laura Robson • Donna Vekic Heather WatsonElina Svitolina Melanie Oudin • Andrea Petkovic
Wintermute is offline  
post #42 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Pink Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Madrid
Posts: 2,840
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

That's a fabulous win, good luck in the main draw!!!

{{{IMPORTANT PRINCESSES OF TENNIS}}}
{{{Princess Alla Kudryavtseva}}}{{{Princess Danielle Konotoptseva}}}{{{Princess Aleksandra Zenovka}}}{{{Princess Nadejda Guskova}}}{{{Princess Sofiya Kovalets}}}{{{Princess Josie Kuhlman}}}{{{Princess Kristyna Rouckova}}}{{{Princess Alannah Griffin}}}
Pink Princess is offline  
post #43 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 25,413
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

my summing up of her game from what we saw.

positives -

oddly her serve seems to have decent pop on it right now, when she got 1st serves in it either won the point or set up the point for her. 2nd serve is still not great but relatively few df's, which is all i ask of the 2nd serve.

she seemed very calm, didn't get too upset or downbeat when behind a break. again another thing that normally lets her down.

negatives -

forehand return was bad, luckily bondarenko only ever kicks her 2nd serve in really so chak got to hit backhand returns on 2nd serves and that is always a strength.

movement wasn't as good as she can be, not sure if down to the clay or because she is still getting back upto par. though she deffinately can improve on that.


overall i'd say she is playing decently. areas to be happy with areas she knows she will have to improve. some of her ball striking was very clean and crisp though especially in the 2nd set and she still mixes in a few drop shots to change the pace.

Anna Chakvetadze Rules

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate
sammy01 is offline  
post #44 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
_inocencia_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 942
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

tnx sammy

Princess Anna Chakvetadze
_inocencia_ is offline  
post #45 of 282 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 25,413
                     
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

apparently chak has drawn alize cornet, i'll take that. cornet took 3 hours to win today. she will probably do her best to moonball anna to death but i give anna a decent shot of winning that

Anna Chakvetadze Rules

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate
sammy01 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome