TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Empress plans to shine brighter next season
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
country flag Saraya!

Empress plans to shine brighter next season

Jankovic plans to shine brighter next season
Gulf News
Alaric Gomes

“I will have no points to defend in 2017, so making my way to the top is going to be easier,” Jankovic told Gulf News at Skydive Dubai, where she was attending the Dubai Women’s Run last week.
“It’s easy to say this, but I know from past experiences how tough it is to actually put in the hard work and stay healthy to achieve goals that have been set,” she added.

“Perhaps, a major part of the season was unfortunate for me. But it has also given me a lot of time to think and reflect on how things are working out in my life,” Jankovic said.
“I have the game to play against the best players, and that gives me a lot of confidence as I set out my preparation programme for 2017. This is women’s tennis and things can be quite unpredictable. Look at how things have gone this year. We have a new world No. 1 and a new year-end champion in Singapore. That’s the beauty of our sport,” she added.

“I don’t have points to defend in 2017, and if I play well and consistent, then I don’t see any reason why I cannot be back in the top-10 of women’s tennis,” Jankovic added.

Full article

Jankovic plans to shine brighter next season | GulfNews.com

Caroline Wozniacki

THE BEAUTIFUL DANE

Serena Williams**GenieBouchard**Jelena Jankovic**Dominika Cibulkova**Maria Sharapova**Aga Radwanska**Taylor Townsend**Sabine Lisicki**Angelique Kerber**Monica Niculescu**Martina Hingis**Sara Errani**Roberta Vinci**Katerina Siniakova

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome