In spite of a change of owners, Suicide Tennis stays the same. Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Year End Championships
1. This elite tournament is for the YEAR END TOP 8 RANKED PLAYERS ONLY
. Two alternates, ranked 9th and 10th, have been designated to replace anyone who cannot play. YEAR END TOP 8 PLAYERS:
If you wish to participate, just write the word IN
in this thread to confirm your participation. If you cannot play, please let me know. THE DEADLINE FOR ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH, 2006 AT 11:00PM EST.
Two alternates (those ranked 9-10), will be notified via PM if space opens up for them.
2. For each day of Round Robin play, you must pick 1
winner playing a WTA YECs Round Robin match in either group. Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
3. Once you pick someone during Round Robin play, you may not use them again during the Round Robin stage of the tournament. However, if you make it through to the Semifinals, picks reset and you may use any player you may have chosen one more time (or use any other player you didn't choose only once, like usual).
For example, if your correct Round Robin picks were CLIJSTERS, HENIN-HARDENNE, PETROVA AND HINGIS, and CLIJSTERS AND HENIN-HARDENNE makes the semifinals, you MAY choose either one of them again once more during the either the semifinal or final rounds again. Obviously, if KUZNETSOVA makes the semifinals as well, you can choose her once for the remainder of the tournament as well.
4. You must make a correct pick for each day of the tournament. This tournament is single elimination -- once you make an incorrect pick, you are OUT.
5. You must choose one player to win each
day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced,
otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
6. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do
count as completed matches.
Picks and Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
PICK - KIM CLIJSTERS
BACK-UP PICK - ELENA DEMENTIEVA
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
8. Once the order of play with be released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD
to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.
9. Players have been divided into colored groups, much like the real WTA. This is just for fun and formatting, and has no bearing on the game - picks may be made from ANY group.
10. Please post any questions in this thread. This tournament is much different than usual, so if you need any clarification, let me know.
Ranking Points for Suicide Year End Championships (YECs)
RR: DAY 01 - 1
RR: DAY 02 - 72
RR: DAY 03 - 101
RR: DAY 04 - 130
SF: DAY 05 - 235
F: DAY 06 - 369
WINNING - 525
Time in Madrid Use this
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
*If you're going to be away from the computer or WTAworld is down, you can also e-mail me your picks at firstname.lastname@example.org