***It's happening in Germany again for Amélie Mauresmo*** - Page 2 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,006
                     
some news from her official website


Direction Berlin ! :
06/05/2006


Après une semaine entraînement, Amélie retrouve le chemin du circuit WTA à Berlin.

Après la douloureuse défaite de l'équipe de France de Fed-Cup à Nancy le week-end dernier, Amélie a profité de cette semaine en marge du circuit pour recentrer ses objectifs et repartir de l'avant. Le début de semaine a été consacré en partie à ses sponsors avec notamment un photo-shoot pour son équipementier Reebok, puis reprise de l'entraînement dès mercredi. Amélie : " Le travail a vraiment été orienté tennis cette semaine pour prendre des repères solides sur terre-battue. Je pars demain direction Berlin où j'espère garder les mêmes sensations que cette semaine ! " La numéro 1 Française entrera en scène à Berlin dans la journée de mercredi.

amélie made some photo shoots for Reebok,her sponsor at the begining of the week.She trained on wednesday.

Amélie said that she focused her training on tennis to have solid play on clay,she went to Berlin on thursday ,she hopes that she will keep the same feelings as she had this training week!

Amélie Mauresmo n° 1 Forever

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
hablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 49,952
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicjac
Well, I just saw the draw.

Now it will be a tough "Race" round - vote for the fav or the obvious finalist Petrova.

Decisions of heart vs decisions of logic are always hard to take *sighs*
For real

With Nadia, one never knows... Patty, Ana, can beat her too
But, as you say, she would be the obvious finalist

Quote:
19. In the period from January to April 2006 Dr. Skalny sent very detailed messages to Ms Sharapova [...]: “Mildronate 1-2 X 10, repeat in 2 wks (before training or competition)”; “1 hr before competition, 2 pills of Mildronate”; “During games of special importance, you can increase your Mildronate dose to 3-4 pills (1 hr before the match). However, it is necessary to consult me on all these matters (please call)”; “30 minutes prior to a training session: Mildronat – 1 Capsule. 30-45 minutes prior to a tournament Mildronat 2 capsules”.
hablo is offline  
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
hablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 49,952
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo
yes you are not wrong hablo

tough matchs can be just good for amé,she needs to kick some butt lol

dementieva,henin or kuzneta, very tough draw indeed!!!!!

ALLEZ Amélie!!!!!

Thanks for posting that article from her website
I was going to go check out her board next
I really hope Momo is ready to take on the world

Quote:
19. In the period from January to April 2006 Dr. Skalny sent very detailed messages to Ms Sharapova [...]: “Mildronate 1-2 X 10, repeat in 2 wks (before training or competition)”; “1 hr before competition, 2 pills of Mildronate”; “During games of special importance, you can increase your Mildronate dose to 3-4 pills (1 hr before the match). However, it is necessary to consult me on all these matters (please call)”; “30 minutes prior to a training session: Mildronat – 1 Capsule. 30-45 minutes prior to a tournament Mildronat 2 capsules”.
hablo is offline  
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Nicjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: TBAA meeting
Posts: 4,243
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablovah
For real

With Nadia, one never knows... Patty, Ana, can beat her too
But, as you say, she would be the obvious finalist
After Warsaw? Patty and Ana couldn't stop Nadia even if she'd be drunk, had her shoelaces tied together, and would be playing with her left hand.

*sighs* what to do, what to do.
Nicjac is offline  
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mauresmofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12,011
                     
YUCK! I hope that was just a practise draw!

How many members of the comittee did Nadia have to sleep with to get that draw?????

RIP Elena Baltacha, thank you for dedicating your life to a sport we all love. You'll be missed but never forgotten.
mauresmofan is offline  
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
hablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 49,952
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicjac
After Warsaw? Patty and Ana couldn't stop Nadia even if she'd be drunk, had her shoelaces tied together, and would be playing with her left hand.

*sighs* what to do, what to do.
Well, I guess we know who you will be picking

Quote:
19. In the period from January to April 2006 Dr. Skalny sent very detailed messages to Ms Sharapova [...]: “Mildronate 1-2 X 10, repeat in 2 wks (before training or competition)”; “1 hr before competition, 2 pills of Mildronate”; “During games of special importance, you can increase your Mildronate dose to 3-4 pills (1 hr before the match). However, it is necessary to consult me on all these matters (please call)”; “30 minutes prior to a training session: Mildronat – 1 Capsule. 30-45 minutes prior to a tournament Mildronat 2 capsules”.
hablo is offline  
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
FrenchY52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,839
                     
Allez Amé !!

T. Golovin
FrenchY52 is offline  
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,006
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan
YUCK! I hope that was just a practise draw!

How many members of the comittee did Nadia have to sleep with to get that draw?????
you are so mean mauresmofan!!!

well perhaps she just has somme stellar luck,she got often some very good draws

Amélie Mauresmo n° 1 Forever

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline  
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mauresmofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12,011
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo
you are so mean mauresmofan!!!

well perhaps she just has somme stellar luck,she got often some very good draws
I really like Nadia but I've never seen such an easy draw in her favour given the slumping top players in her section. I'm sure she'll make use of it. Anyway the plan has always been for Momo to get the bad draws now and then get an easy one for RG!

RIP Elena Baltacha, thank you for dedicating your life to a sport we all love. You'll be missed but never forgotten.
mauresmofan is offline  
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
 
Bероника's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Svetlandia
Posts: 67,968
                     
Allez Momo!!!!!!

Sveta
Bероника is offline  
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,006
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan
I really like Nadia but I've never seen such an easy draw in her favour given the slumping top players in her section. I'm sure she'll make use of it. Anyway the plan has always been for Momo to get the bad draws now and then get an easy one for RG!
good strategie indeed

Amélie Mauresmo n° 1 Forever

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline  
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 07:22 PM
drinking
 
Linnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: condo hell
Posts: 9,490
                     
Nice article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060507...YwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Mauresmo looks for victorious start to clay court campaign
Sat May 6, 8:10 PM ET

World number one Amelie Mauresmo begins a significant new stage in her campaign to become a tennis legend when she tries to regain the title at the German Open which begins on Monday.

It will be the French heroine's first clay court match of the year, and therefore also her first in the build-up to the French Open and all the torment and dreams it brings.

Mauresmo has taken a five-week break to prepare for a campaign which she hopes will end with her becoming the first home woman for 34 years and only the second since Suzanne Lenglen to win the Grand Slam at Roland Garros.

All but seven of the 38 women's singles open era champions in Paris have won a tournament in the clay court build-up, and so another success for Mauresmo at Berlin's famous Rot-Weiss club is an important feature in the overall picture.

The lady from St Germains-en-Laye may not have a better opportunity than now. Mauresmo has never come to this stage of the season as world number one before and her confidence is at an all-time high.

"Having the kind of wins I have had has put me in a position where I'm pretty relaxed now in the way I handle every tournament," she said, referring to her successes in the year-end WTA Championships at Los Angeles in November and in the Australian Open at Melbourne in January.

If this is true, it would be hugely significant for the brilliant and popular but sometimes dramatically fragile player whose talents have too often been frustrated by the cumulative pressure of expectations during the clay court season.

"At least I'm not going to have those sort of questions any more," she says, referring to the capture of her first Grand Slam title. She did not add however that an entirely different sort will be revived by the French Open and its build-up and whether she can handle it.

Some of them will probably be asked by the skilfully wielded rackets of Justine Henin-Hardenne, who is not only the defending champion in Paris, but in Berlin as well.

The Belgian has an even wider range of strokes and tactical options than during her remarkable comeback from illness and injury this time last year, but there may be a diminishment in her stamina.

If Henin and Mauresmo meet again for the first time since their blighted and controversial Australian Open final, there may be a strange atmosphere.

Henin was accused of undermining Mauresmo's breakthrough triumph in Melbourne by retiring early in the second set because she was unwell, and Mauresmo has hinted that she agrees with these criticisms.

However there may be other threats to Mauresmo's progress which are just as great. Her last match was a defeat on March 30 to Svetlana Kuznetsova, who went on to win the most important title outside the four Grand Slans, the Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami.

Mauresmo also lost to Kuznetsova in Dubai in February and the Russian is now playing better than at any time since winning the US Open title in 2004.

Mauresmo lost to another Russian in Doha in March - Nadia Petrova, who is the most under-rated of the leading players, the only one to equal Mauresmo's three titles this year, and playing better than at any time in her career.

Another threat, both next week and next month, is Martina Hingis. Despite a ranking down in the 20's, the former number one is probably playing as well as before her retirement three years ago, and would more than anything love to win the French, the only Grand Slam which has eluded her.

But Berlin has unusually happy memories for Mauresmo. It was here seven years ago that she reached her first major final, when she was also the first qualifier to reach a Tier One tournament final.

And it is here that another, much more career-defining first, could well move more clearly into view.





Copyright © 2006 Agence France Presse


ALLEZ!

AMÉLIE ALWAYS

Linnie is offline  
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
pineapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 329
                     
Merci Linnie!

Time to clay!
Allez Amé!

--------------------------------------
* G MM! *
--------------------------------------
pineapple is offline  
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
LostGlory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: *LostGlory*
Posts: 11,196
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan
I really like Nadia but I've never seen such an easy draw in her favour given the slumping top players in her section. I'm sure she'll make use of it. Anyway the plan has always been for Momo to get the bad draws now and then get an easy one for RG!
I have a feeling Vera will upset her....No idea why....

Amelie - Marcos

You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh because you're all the same

I'm Back
LostGlory is offline  
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
LostGlory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: *LostGlory*
Posts: 11,196
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja
Why?! Oh I see why and fixed it

m-fan you're the best!
I thought I was the best

Amelie - Marcos

You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh because you're all the same

I'm Back
LostGlory is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome