Re: Sammy's Asian Swing 2013
I agree with all of this except we are missing one important point - in a number of her loses, she had winning leads including:
- A break up in the third sets again Zheng in Sydney and Melbourne.
- A set point against Lucy in Fed Cup
- A match point against Petra in Fed Cup
- A set point against Carla in Madrid
- Up a break in the third against Vika in Rome
- A set up against JJ at the french
- A set point against Lucy at Eastbourne
- A set up against Sabine at Wimbledon
- A set up against Vicky in New York
These stats are most concerning. She has lost the ability to go in for the kill which points to two things - mental frailty and a lack of confidence in her keys shots, mainly her serve.
This is where I fear that the longer she is without a strong coach, the greater this problem will become.
Last edited by Ado.; Oct 1st, 2013 at 12:43 PM.