Just got back. My battery died after the second set. Here is my not so expert thoughts:
- watching her train earlier in the day she was so relaxed and hitting really well.
- from the moment she walked on court she was so tense and kept trying to shake her arms and shoulders to release the tension. As a result she had no zing in her shots in the first set and really had no confidence.
- Second set the crowd really did lift her and the ball was getting heavier off her racket.
- As soon as she missed an opportunity she would start muttering to herself, the tension would come back and her game falls apart.
- she showed real glimpses of old Sammy and I think she can get some real confidence from today's match
- her box was next to us and they looked really tense thoughout the whole match.
- she needs to use the crowd to her advantage more. When they were loud (I was one of them
) she really lifted but when she is down she doesn't use them to give her energy.
- Her second serve has lost its zing and she is losing confidence on her serve.
- overall a few wins and a bit of confidence and all will be back to normal
Now after nearly 11hrs of very hot tennis, I am going to bed to have sweet dream about Eva!