Sydney 2012. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Lord Of The Persians
 
SilverPersian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,757
                     
Re: Sydney 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
Have you seen Marion jumping around like a mad monkey between every point? She's not normal.

Her tactics seem to involve exhausting herself physically in order to feel pumped and focused. Very bizarre and counter-intuitive. But her father is a doctor and she is playing extremely well.
Yeah she is so idiosyncratic. I'm not exactly a fan of Marion, but I really enjoy watching her play.
Sam isn't always "normal" either

Samantha Stosur

Jarmila Wolfe|Svetlana Kuznetsova|Francesca Schiavone|Zhang Shuai|Sloane Stephens|Ashleigh Barty
Andy Murray|Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Juan Martin Del Potro|Jack Sock
SilverPersian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Senior Member
 
stromatolite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 31,087
                     
Re: Sydney 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I wonder if I should stalk her in Melbourne and slip a Xanex into her drink before her matches
If we can believe her recent article and her remarkably relaxed interview on arriving in Melbourne she may have beaten you to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Yesterday I was watching the match between Dokic and Bartoli, and one of the commentators mentioned that they'd seen Marion having an intense gym session just hours before a tournament final last year. I wonder if this kind of tactic would work for Sam, as a way of exhausting the nerves away. Probably wouldn't be a good thing to test out first round of a grand slam though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
Have you seen Marion jumping around like a mad monkey between every point? She's not normal.

Her tactics seem to involve exhausting herself physically in order to feel pumped and focused. Very bizarre and counter-intuitive. But her father is a doctor and she is playing extremely well.
Marion is just plain weird, I think everybody's agreed on that, so as a rule of thumb I'd say doing the opposite to what Marion is doing seems like a good idea. Seriously, Marion may be able to afford to burn more energy than Sam can. I'm no expert, but I'd guess that Sam would burn more calories on a single service motion than Marion does with all her crazy hopping about between points. Ditto her heavy topspin forehand. That said, Sam is very fit, and by her own admission is a diesel engine that sometimes takes well over a set to really get going, so an intensive pre-match gym session might help her warm up more quickly during a match. But I agree it would be risky at best to try this out in R1 of a slam.
stromatolite is offline  
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
sunsets21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,189
 
Re: Sydney 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Yesterday I was watching the match between Dokic and Bartoli, and one of the commentators mentioned that they'd seen Marion having an intense gym session just hours before a tournament final last year. I wonder if this kind of tactic would work for Sam, as a way of exhausting the nerves away. Probably wouldn't be a good thing to test out first round of a grand slam though.
Marion is a very impressive woman. I have no idea where on earth she gets her stamina from. Personally I quite enjoy watching her play, simply because she's so damn interesting

Smash 'em Sam
sunsets21 is offline  
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Siderophyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,905
                     
Re: Sydney 2012.

I could fucking throttle Sam - I had perfect seats yesterday and today for Sydney. The only thing missing was her. C'est la vie, eh? Matches were great anyway...


It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline  
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Pseudosova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,756
                     
Re: Sydney 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Marion is a very impressive woman. I have no idea where on earth she gets her stamina from. Personally I quite enjoy watching her play, simply because she's so damn interesting
And she has one quirky service motion too. She's pretty unique.

So long...
Pseudosova is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome