DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
van£ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Is it so unbelievable??Like Mama Rausa said,'she was hearing things that a girl liked to hear'...and now she only hears from an 'octopus'....That crankiness isn't so surprising to me.....Glad that Dinarik fought hard,though.......Western Russia,the big cities,is usually considered 'Europe' by demographics stat-keepers---so do we have any Asia left??Will the Cranky Girl go to Osaka?....Head to MM Linz??....Or just take a week off to ponder why she abandoned our angelitas at Twitter?I hope that next year is better than THIS one....I'm not sure if Caro is capable of beating Serena at the AO 2011...unless Ree goes into a funk...but both DinDin would hear a lot more crap about being unworthy #1s if Caro pulled that off
It is, in a 'what the fuck is she still doing ?' way
I'm not more optimistic for 2011 though if nothing changes.
van£ss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,958
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by van£ss View Post
It is, in a 'what the fuck is she still doing ?' way
I'm not more optimistic for 2011 though if nothing changes.
Yeah,Dinarik could apply Einstein's comment on insanity in re doing the same thing and expecting different results

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #123 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,985
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

well, that was in the deck, no surprise.

again, the whole asioan tour is really pointless for her, in my opinion. She should rest and charge up her batteries for next season (and for the routhless training sessions she'll surprise herself when she tries overcompensating something again... )

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
 
post #124 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,422
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

I was able to see 4 or 5 games of the match, in the middle of the match. The quality didn't seem too bad, not vintage Dinara or anything, but I didn't see her push anything, sure she hit some errors and doublefaults, but she was trying to hit the ball hard, so I think it's a good sign. I didn't really expect her to actually beat Vera since Vera's more or less at her peak form this year.
HowardH is offline  
post #125 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
van£ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I was able to see 4 or 5 games of the match, in the middle of the match. The quality didn't seem too bad, not vintage Dinara or anything, but I didn't see her push anything, sure she hit some errors and doublefaults, but she was trying to hit the ball hard, so I think it's a good sign. I didn't really expect her to actually beat Vera since Vera's more or less at her peak form this year.
Dinara doesn't 'push' anymore, she doesn't dictate either though. Vera wasn't playing too well which is why i don't see this match as a 'good loss' no matter Bepa's form or ranking nowadays.
Over the past 5 months, i've read many times that there was some "good signs" in her game, i never believed it and i still don't, i agree with Norbi's comment.
van£ss is offline  
post #126 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,985
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by van£ss View Post
i agree with Norbi's comment.
if you agree with me, then i shall disagree with myself.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #127 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
van£ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
if you agree with me, then i shall disagree with myself.
It's strange for me too, i'm not used to agreeing with you

Last edited by van£ss; Oct 5th, 2010 at 07:42 PM.
van£ss is offline  
post #128 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,376
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

I feel like I often read that Dinara's starting to look like her old self, or some such, and then I watch her play and don't see it at all. Of course she's bound to play some good points, or have a decent win now and again-- she's talented and extremely driven. But that's really different from making actual progress.

In any case, it's hard to read anything into this match in particular (she says, without having seen it ). She and Vera do not match up well together, they each hate playing the other's style, and their matches are often completely disastrous looking.

Sometimes you gotta put your foot down...
Quote:
Q. Do you speak French?
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline  
post #129 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,958
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by van£ss View Post
It's strange for me too, i'm not used to agree with you
In this case,"to" is a preposition with 'used to'...it's not part of an infinitive...so it's 'used to AGREEING with you.'....At least your English grammar is much better than Dinara's...Even her Spanish is sloppy sometimes cuz she hangs around so many South Americans...and Mexicans are experts on sloppy Spanish

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #130 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
van£ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
In this case,"to" is a preposition with 'used to'...it's not part of an infinitive...so it's 'used to AGREEING with you.'....At least your English grammar is much better than Dinara's...Even her Spanish is sloppy sometimes cuz she hangs around so many South Americans...and Mexicans are experts on sloppy Spanish
Corrected
van£ss is offline  
post #131 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2010, 08:52 AM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,985
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
I feel like I often read that Dinara's starting to look like her old self, or some such, and then I watch her play and don't see it at all. Of course she's bound to play some good points, or have a decent win now and again-- she's talented and extremely driven. But that's really different from making actual progress.

In any case, it's hard to read anything into this match in particular (she says, without having seen it ). She and Vera do not match up well together, they each hate playing the other's style, and their matches are often completely disastrous looking.
agree with the first part.
although i think, until she can't get over random players (sorry) like Zakopalova and Görges, easily and steadily, here we have nothing to talk about. "Old Dinara" wasn't playing lights out tennis everytime, she JUST won the matches, mostly because she did CONTROL those games and matches. Right now she is the underdog in every week, and not because of her ranking... But more pushing and desperate looking won't scare them.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #132 of 132 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,958
                     
Re: DinDin Attempts To Climb The Asian Himalayan Challenge Back Up The Rankings 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
agree with the first part.
although i think, until she can't get over random players (sorry) like Zakopalova and Görges, easily and steadily, here we have nothing to talk about. "Old Dinara" wasn't playing lights out tennis everytime, she JUST won the matches, mostly because she did CONTROL those games and matches. Right now she is the underdog in every week, and not because of her ranking... But more pushing and desperate looking won't scare them.
Yeah,you can see that the other players are only surprised but not scared or challenged by the pushing.But poster Howard seemed to watch a good share of Dinara's match and he said she wasn't pushing nearly as much...perhaps the higher quality will eventually follow.....We HOPE

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome