The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Senior Member
 
vanúss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

True Love doesn't exist , or just in every Disney movies
vanúss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,015
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanúss View Post
True Love doesn't exist , or just in every Disney movies
Well,aye TRULY love my family...and even some of my close friends,so speak for yourself...gotta run to class

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #48 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Senior Member
 
vanúss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,aye TRULY love my family...and even some of my close friends,so speak for yourself...gotta run to class
Yeah but you're playing with the words here
True love is among the expressions Soulmates or MFEO for me !

I don't believe that you can love someone your whole life , that there's someone perfect for everyone out there or that the passion and love will always remain the same between two persons . That's why couples try to make their relationships evolve , first with a big expensive marriage then with a few kids and if they're lucky , strong and honest they'll have a shot and won't end up with an ugly divorce or stay stuck in what doesn't feel like their own life anymore !

Life is full of What if's and Maybe's , i don't think Regrets is the right word , you just wonder what could have been if things turned out differently

I realise i'm being really pessimistic on this subject but i've never been proven wrong so far ! So until i see a proof that 'True Love' exist , i'll admit that i was wrong

Everything happens for a reason , life is a big puzzle you just put the pieces together one by one and everyone's final picture is different ! When you look back it's funny to see how some events changed your path , at least i love analysing how this and that affected my life and i'm eager to see what tomorrow will bring me , but one sure thing is that regrets won't be a part of it !
vanúss is offline  
 
post #49 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,015
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanúss View Post
Yeah but you're playing with the words here
True love is among the expressions Soulmates or MFEO for me !

I don't believe that you can love someone your whole life , that there's someone perfect for everyone out there or that the passion and love will always remain the same between two persons . That's why couples try to make their relationships evolve , first with a big expensive marriage then with a few kids and if they're lucky , strong and honest they'll have a shot and won't end up with an ugly divorce or stay stuck in what doesn't feel like their own life anymore !

Life is full of What if's and Maybe's , i don't think Regrets is the right word , you just wonder what could have been if things turned out differently

I realise i'm being really pessimistic on this subject but i've never been proven wrong so far ! So until i see a proof that 'True Love' exist , i'll admit that i was wrong

Everything happens for a reason , life is a big puzzle you just put the pieces together one by one and everyone's final picture is different ! When you look back it's funny to see how some events changed your path , at least i love analysing how this and that affected my life and i'm eager to see what tomorrow will bring me , but one sure thing is that regrets won't be a part of it !
Well,I'm not playing with words at all;I simply disagree with you...plain and simple...

You claim that people who seem happily married are lying frauds who are only pretending to be content,but you have nothing more than supposition to go on...nothing solid.I've known certain people who were honest to a fault,people of integrity,and I've known them very well.They are either faking so superbly that they're the greatest actors/actresses on the planet.....OR they are truly happy as all the signs indicate.Would enjoy hearing your explanation for why humans would be capable of loving a best friend for life...while some 'magic switch' somehow prevents them from loving someone as a husband/wife.Since this isn't an empirical,scientifically-provable issue,Vanessa,I hope that you're wrong...that my grandma DOES sincerely love my grandfather and supports him as he struggles to survive cancer.It's more palatable to my heart than YOUR version---that grandma is just playing games until gramps dies when she can f--k the other older,single guys in the retirement community if she wants.I'll make sure not to tell her what you think of her 'make-believe,insincere' love

The fact that you come from the land of Sartre(now THERE was a happy guy...he and Nietzsche)...and where presidents are so lacking in adult-level self-control that they can't survive without a couple mistresses...it doesn't surprise me that you'd be so cynical on this...all I can say is,bonne chance with all that jumping around...you'd probably have more peace of mind if you took a sexual appetite suppressant so that you could calmly lead a Platonic lifestyle...but it's your life to do as you wish

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Last edited by bruce goose; Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: xx
bruce goose is offline  
post #50 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
vanúss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,854
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

I don't generalize people here , i said i don't believe it now i hope i'm wrong because otherwise it would be even more pathetic !
You think i only have suppositions but you don't know that , it's not because i'm only 21 that i know nothing , that i don't have a brain attached to my body or that i make judgements just because i feel like it . Excuse me but i'd rather not believe that someone's happy just because this person is smiling or saying so , apparenceas are deceptives and i've learned that at my expenses so yeah now i think too much of such simple things but at least if there's something there i'll see it and if i am wrong i'll move on ! It's funny that you talk about actors/actresses because there's a saying in France that says 'Be the main actor of your own life' , if someone wants to show or hide things from you , they'll succeed , and then there's the denial chapter , which is a pretty strong feeling and a hard one to get ride of

But once again it's not the same story for everyone , i'm not the voice of reason ! I keep pointing that out because you obviously think i'm cynical simply because i don't believe/want/need that in my life to feel complete ( ) when i only have high expectations for myself .
You were born alone and you'll die alone , why all of a sudden you need to have someone other than a friend or a family member to make you feel complete ? You're on your own in this world , and if that's not enough to make you happy that you need a significant other to help you stand on your feet i find it very sad ! You need to love yourself and your life in order to even begin to love someone else . If you're not fulfilled as an individual i don't get how you can be between two entities .

I believe in Love don't get me wrong , but i don't believe in Forever . Then again love is not just destined for the person you decide to share your life with , i'm in love with plenty of things and people . Loving and Being in love is also another story

It look like you're taking this discussion on the subject to seriously , i though we were able to have a debate and keep our cool while doing so around here but my mistake Maybe it's because you have your grandparents exemple and though i was taking them for granted or something like i said previously ' if they're lucky , strong and honest they'll have a shot at it ' i don't pretend to be able to figure out every single person and in my mind it was clear that my post wasn't made to shoot anyone in the foot but i'm used to these kind of conversations since my opinion is most of the time wrong and shocking in other's eyes ! My words are simply not made to be palatable to anyone's heart

I choose to see the bigger picture , and THIS is for me just a tiny piece of my puzzle ( and don't worry about my sexual appetite , i feed the beast when it's hungry )

Now i hope you won't let that disagreement interfere around this place , because i won't .
vanúss is offline  
post #51 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,015
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanúss View Post
You were born alone and you'll die alone

I believe in Love don't get me wrong , but i don't believe in Forever . Then again love is not just destined for the person you decide to share your life with , i'm in love with plenty of things and people .

I choose to see the bigger picture , and THIS is for me just a tiny piece of my puzzle ( and don't worry about my sexual appetite , i feed the beast when it's hungry )

Now i hope you won't let that disagreement interfere around this place , because i won't .
Vanessa,I've excerpted portions of your rambling...just kidding.Your earlier comments sounded more forceful to me,as if you were equating your opinions with FACT,whereas they're only factual for YOU b/c you choose to live & believe this way...but now you seem to have backed off and acknowledged that you don't have all the answers for everyone in re love.To be fair,AYE don't have those answers for everyone,either,but I find it lame--and often convenient for certain libertines--when folks suggest that people are capable of lifelong friendships yet not intimate relationships.Their reasoning is usually extremely shallow and self-serving when they speak thusly.

Vania,I wouldn't even have answered your post if I had true animosity towards you;it was merely a strong difference of opinion....Aye DID separate an old saying you used that only has PARTIAL truth.You AREN'T born alone unless you hatched from an egg(no less than your mom MUST be there with you),and you don't necessarily DIE alone if you have loved ones by your side.If you refer to the SPIRITUAL sense then,yes,each person must give account of their own soul to their Maker after they die........but hopefully you and Pierre can experience some sort of romantic,simultaneous death as senior citizens whose plane crashes as it descends on some beautiful deserted island

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #52 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17,806
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Come on guys, our very own Пепи. needs just a few more points to win her match in that popularity contest thread! Hurry, it's a tight game!

Behind you one million percent Vicky D! You will prevail In Jesus Name. Amen.
21
oliviasmith is offline  
post #53 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,051
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Amanda,I was engaged once and she broke it off....I have an attractive friend whose wife died of breast cancer,and he was hardly jumping for joy at the prospect of dating other women again(he loved his wife very much).Maybe it's different for American women b/c of the culture...I just can't identify with your personal philosophy...sorry......To ME,TRUE love is a GOOD thing,NOT something that fills you with regret
Bruce - you misunderstand my post! I am not saying that I want to be single and dating anymore and I don't regret getting married. I am only saying that it is fun to be young and in that going out/meeting new people/dating kind of of life. It is a fleeting time for a person and I think one should enjoy it. Not because it is worse to be married but because it is different. Also, for me marriage is a one time deal (barring the death of a spouse of course). Just another reason to get it right and take your time!

And as far as the "true love" discussion you are having with Vanessa... I think people can truly love each other for life but that does not mean that there won't be problems, that the "in love" part doesn't fade, that it doesn't get mundane or that the degree of love that you feel for a person cannot rise and fall throughout the course of the relationship. The important thing is that you are committed to staying with that person through both the up and the down times. Love can definitely evolve over time - especially the longer you are together and the more life changes you go through. Anyone who thinks that the "fairy tale" romance can last forever is mistaken IMO. Once you have been together for a while, seen each other's worst sides, gotten used to everything, etc. it just doesn't feel like those beginning stages of falling in love anymore. Plus living togther, money management, raising children, etc. can cause even the happiest couples to get on each other's nerves - or worse. What you have to hope, though, is that after the "newness" wears off you can really love the other person anyway - despite difficulties. To me, that is what marriage is about.


PS. What do you mean about the American culture?
ad-out is offline  
post #54 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,015
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Bruce - you misunderstand my post! I am not saying that I want to be single and dating anymore and I don't regret getting married. I am only saying that it is fun to be young and in that going out/meeting new people/dating kind of of life. It is a fleeting time for a person and I think one should enjoy it. Not because it is worse to be married but because it is different. Also, for me marriage is a one time deal (barring the death of a spouse of course). Just another reason to get it right and take your time!

And as far as the "true love" discussion you are having with Vanessa... I think people can truly love each other for life but that does not mean that there won't be problems, that the "in love" part doesn't fade, that it doesn't get mundane or that the degree of love that you feel for a person cannot rise and fall throughout the course of the relationship. The important thing is that you are committed to staying with that person through both the up and the down times. Love can definitely evolve over time - especially the longer you are together and the more life changes you go through. Anyone who thinks that the "fairy tale" romance can last forever is mistaken IMO. Once you have been together for a while, seen each other's worst sides, gotten used to everything, etc. it just doesn't feel like those beginning stages of falling in love anymore. Plus living togther, money management, raising children, etc. can cause even the happiest couples to get on each other's nerves - or worse. What you have to hope, though, is that after the "newness" wears off you can really love the other person anyway - despite difficulties. To me, that is what marriage is about.


PS. What do you mean about the American culture?
You are right that I badly misinterpreted the intent of your words...sorry,Amanda

You are ALSO right,IMO,in re 'romantic feelings' vs. true,deeper love that you re-inforce with commitment....SOOOO many people miss that truth,never learn it........Disregard the American culture comment;it was colored by my negative experiences and observations in the U.S. and I shouldn't have included that in the post

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #55 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,051
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

No worries Bruce!
ad-out is offline  
post #56 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Caralenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15,667
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Peeepppiii.... So close...

You choked like Dinara
Caralenko is offline  
post #57 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dinayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26,116
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

no probs Cara I dont care
I want you to win!!!! Cara FTFW!!!
Dinayer is offline  
post #58 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dinayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26,116
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

btw bbz I love your sig, did you make it? its awesome
Dinayer is offline  
post #59 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,015
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraleede View Post
Peeepppiii.... So close...

You choked like Dinara
Okay,this is where I break one of my customs....Normally,it's kind of annoying when some idol-worshipping music fan treats their opinions as if they were facts,but now I'm gonna do something similar

Pepi doesn't need to win ANY popularity contests to prove how special she is.If she finished in last place in every single TF contest,it would only show how stupid and ignorant the voters were.Anyone who's not physically and mentally blind can see what a priceless treasure mi sobrina uruguaya is,and NO amount of votes will change that fact in any way....Pepina Dulce is our Domik Crown Jewel

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #60 of 608 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Dinayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26,116
                     
Re: The Inner Dominion of The Dinara Disciples Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,this is where I break one of my customs....Normally,it's kind of annoying when some idol-worshipping music fan treats their opinions as if they were facts,but now I'm gonna do something similar

Pepi doesn't need to win ANY popularity contests to prove how special she is.If she finished in last place in every single TF contest,it would only show how stupid and ignorant the voters were.Anyone who's not physically and mentally blind can see what a priceless treasure mi sobrina uruguaya is,and NO amount of votes will change that fact in any way....Pepina Dulce is our Domik Crown Jewel
thank you Bruce
Dinayer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome