Re: Danish tennis
Fed Cup draws for Europe/Africa Group II were made today.
Denmark, Finland, Montenegro, South Africa
The other pool:
Georgia, Latvia, Norway, Turkey
Round robin format. Denmark plays against South Africa tomorrow (wednesday).
- Promotion: Winner of each pool will play-off against runner-up in the other pool to determine which two teams will advance to Europe/Africa Zone Group I in 2013.
- Relegation: Nations in third place in each pool will play-off against nations in fourth place in other pool to determine which two nations will be relegated to Europe/Africa Zone Group III in 2013.
Team nominations (WTA rank, career high rank, ITF junior rank, year of birth for juniors)
- Denmark: Karen Barbat (652, CH 474), Malou Ejdesgaard (832, CH 717), Mai Grage (NR, CH 891), Cecilie Melsted (ITF 287, b. 1995), Julie Noe (ITF 346, b. 1996), Martine Ditlev (ITF 406, b. 1996), Michael Mortensen (captain)
- Finland: Piia Suomalainen (405, CH 356), Emma Laine (554, CH 50), Ella Leivo (NR, b. 1994), Johanna Hyoty (NR, CH 1182), Katrina Saarinen (captain)
- Montenegro: Danka Kovinic (358, CH 352, b. 1994), Vladica Babic (ITF 322, b. 1995), Milica Sljukic (ITF 1638, b. 1996), Danica Krstajic (playing captain) (NR, CH 223)
- South Africa: Nathalie Grandin (780, CH 144), Madrie Le Roux (NR, CH 1182, b. 1995), Lynn Kiro (ITF 161, b. 1995), Ilze Hattingh (ITF 120, b. 1996), John Laffnie De Jager (captain)