A thread for Sweden's 3rd ranked singles player Hilda Melander, currently at a career high of #519.
2011- $10,000 Piestany
2011- $10,000 Antalya
2011- $10,000 Almere
2011- $10,000 Bastad
About Hilda - Small Interview
When, where and why did you start playing tennis?
- Mum and Dad loved to play tennis so they took me once when I was 6 years old. I thought it was very fun so I started training in Vallentuna TK.
The most important events in your tennis career?
- Recieving the wild card to play in the WTA event in Bastad, which was a good experience. When one has seen what life is like on the WTA Tour, then you want it.
- My first title on the tour was also important, proof that you have developed.
- Finally, I emphasize how important it was when I got Magnus (Ennerberg) and Billing (Richard) as a coach. To have people who believe in and are committed to one's investment is worth gold.
Your long-term and short term goals?
- Would simply be a good tennis player as I possibly can. If it gets top 10 in the world would not be wrong. To achieve this, I work constantly with short-term goals in terms of technique, tactics and improving my game plan. Also, with the mental part.
The main sources of inspiration?
- The coaches, friends and family are always there to inspire and support.
What a racket, you play with?
- I play with Yonex RDIS 100th It is simply one the best! Racket. Occasionally heavy at 315 grams with good control and feel and a thin frame that provides a better opportunity to slice and drop shots.
Your main weapon such as a tennis player?
- The main weapon is my forehand but I win a lot because I'm a versatile player.
Back from the qualifying loss in Romania to play $25 at home in Sweden. Already into the second round with an odd win over Beatrice Cedermark (a tricky player). Tough 2nd round vs. top seed Sacha Jones or Mel Klaffner.
1: Hilda Melander d. Bea Cedermark 61 06 61
2: Hilda Melander vs. Melanie Klaffner or. Sacha Jones