Wozniacki ready with support for 12-year
Family Wozniacki is ready with both money and help stjernefrøet Simone Alipieva
21:02 - 12 October 2010 | Troels Christensen
12-year-old Simone Alipieva can with help from Wozniacki family get speed on the tennis career,
which right now looks so promising. (Photo: Benjamin Kürstein)
- Is it true? Well, I do not understand it. Think that's how some people. What a lovely ...
Joy is almost horizontally out of the handset when Ekstra Bladet convey family Alipieva news that the family Wozniacki will step in and support the 12-year-old tennis talent Simone.
Mother Mary, who is unemployed, and father Michael, who is early retired and spend a lot of family resources to travel with Simone to tournaments abroad, coming on shift to the pipe before the talent itself takes over:
- It's just really sweet of them, she says.
Help with several things
The reason for euphoria is a good news from Wozniacki camp:
- We would like to help Simon, because I can easily remember when we were in the same situation. I have a bag of money that can come to good family here and now and then we will see what we can do in the longer term, says Piotr Wozniacki.
He would only later explain what it is for a pool, he refers to, but notes that he was part owner of Nordic Sports Group and Wozniacki Tennis Academy and with good contacts with various sponsorship items have various options.
- I imagine that we can help with both our knowledge and with grants for travel, for example, private tutoring, if Simone must take time off from school so she can train in the morning a few times a week.
- But now we must sit down when I'm in Denmark again, and look at whether we can devise a plan for her, says Piotr Wozniacki, who already has a close collaboration with Simone's club coach at KB, Michael Mortensen, and He knows Mikkel Nørby, talent manager at elitecentere, by his time as Caroline's trainer.
Simone Alipieva have already qualified for the 18 months of free participation in the tennis academy through a tournament victory earlier this year.
Among the next major expenditure is the major international juniorturnering, Orange Bowl in Florida, in December, Caroline Wozniacki himself won in 2005.
It represents a great showcase for future talent, and a win here can open many doors in the international tennis environment.
The tournament is held also at U12 level, where Simone Alipieva rarely meets the big resistance in Europe.