Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4 - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #961 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

I am really happy that Na broke her 2012-No-G.S-QF curse.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Big_Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16,060
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

I'm scared for tuesday though... I am not sure I want to see her getting spanked by maria aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Banana View Post
If you love something set it free, but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes.

"I think anybody incapable of changing his mind is crazy."
― William S. Burroughs
Big_Banana is offline  
post #963 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nana View Post
I'm scared for tuesday though... I am not sure I want to see her getting spanked by maria aswell
Error-Na will turn on Maria UE-Mode. Anyway, It would be very nice if Na reaches SF here.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
post #964 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Big_Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16,060
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

I don't know, we'll see. I'm still not convinced at all, and Aga is on form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Banana View Post
If you love something set it free, but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes.

"I think anybody incapable of changing his mind is crazy."
― William S. Burroughs
Big_Banana is offline  
post #965 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nana View Post
I don't know, we'll see. I'm still not convinced at all, and Aga is on form
nervous and excited like my first MMK.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
post #966 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Big_Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16,060
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
nervous and excited like my first MMK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Banana View Post
If you love something set it free, but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes.

"I think anybody incapable of changing his mind is crazy."
― William S. Burroughs
Big_Banana is offline  
post #967 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
pigam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: belgium
Posts: 7,408
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

I thought she played well.
Especially her attitude. I havn't seen hat from her.
She just looks a little more confident, and overall "tp-player-like"
She played such a positive and clean match.
Good, efficient serving.
Nice ground strokes, not too much over-coocking, good amount of spin.
Read the Goerges serve well. Good placement on the ROS.
I mean, for a 4th round in a GS this was a great match for her.
Well done, NA!
__________________

J u s t i n e x p l i c a b l e


Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline  
post #968 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,100
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Get to SF now Na , no shame in losing 60 60 to Maria
JCNALI is offline  
post #969 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Leaubellon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,944
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
Error-Na will turn on Maria UE-Mode. Anyway, It would be very nice if Na reaches SF here.
Yup, it won't bother me much whatever happens vs Maria if she makes it there, but please beat Radwanska!
Leaubellon is offline  
post #970 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
longtin23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,205
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

I dont know how good Na and Aga played, but I am really surprised that many people would think Aga can win. I mean even tired Na can win several games and saved match points... Her real game in mind is playing aggressive and attacking weak balls, Aga is just the perfect opponent for peak Na to show her ability to produce numerous winners with that weak second serve and shots. Of course we need Na to be not in error mode, but I dont see Aga can do nothing causing serious damage no matter how peak Aga is. Just hope she can remember her service.motion, play more CC backhand which is very reliable when she is lost and go for less crazy angles and depth if she is not confident...

Asian Tennis Legend - Li Na
Wozniacki Kvitova Pironkova Larsson Mladenovic

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet
Muguruza Garcia Wickmayer Ka.Pliskova Makarova
longtin23 is offline  
post #971 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
I dont know how good Na and Aga played, but I am really surprised that many people would think Aga can win. I mean even tired Na can win several games and saved match points... Her real game in mind is playing aggressive and attacking weak balls, Aga is just the perfect opponent for peak Na to show her ability to produce numerous winners with that weak second serve and shots. Of course we need Na to be not in error mode, but I dont see Aga can do nothing causing serious damage no matter how peak Aga is. Just hope she can remember her service.motion, play more CC backhand which is very reliable when she is lost and go for less crazy angles and depth if she is not confident...
Well, you said most of Maria's fans voted for Aga. I really expect that Na will defeat Aga in 2 close sets in 2013 AO QF.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
post #972 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
longtin23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,205
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
Well, you said most of Maria's fans voted for Aga. I really expect that Na will defeat Aga in 2 close sets in 2013 AO QF.
Yrs, because peak Maria can def peak Aga one and two

Asian Tennis Legend - Li Na
Wozniacki Kvitova Pironkova Larsson Mladenovic

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet
Muguruza Garcia Wickmayer Ka.Pliskova Makarova
longtin23 is offline  
post #973 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
SAISAI-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,020
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

NA-GOAT (the one from the 1st set of the Govortsova match) would beat Aga in 2 easy sets

but in the match against Julia I saw NA-MUG on court at in the 2nd half of the 1st set, not even able to put returns in play


XWTA GOATs - Henin Li Pierce
XWTA Golden Flower GOATs - Duan Han Liu Lu Peng Wang Xu Yang Zhang Zheng Zhu
XWTA Non-Chinese Faves - Crawford Ivanovic Kvitova Muguruza Riley
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - AdeyC Adrian. Blackeagle catgamer chingching danieln1 Effy Frederik Javi joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Kirilenko-Fan Meelis Michael! M.P goOudinUSA
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada[CLICK HERE] HAOCHEN-GOAT Inger67 New_balls_please SAISAI-GOAT
SAISAI-GOAT is online now  
post #974 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
NA-GOAT (the one from the 1st set of the Govortsova match) would beat Aga in 2 easy sets

but in the match against Julia I saw NA-MUG on court at in the 2nd half of the 1st set, not even able to put returns in play

It was on her mind... ""It has been one and a half years, I'm always losing in the fourth round. So for me it was very important to win today's match." Super-Na has been released and she will go all the way to the final in this tournament.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
post #975 of 5022 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,100
                     
Re: Li Na Cheering Thread Vol. 4

Aga has a good serve now, she can't attack it anymore
JCNALI is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome