Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Ivanovic2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,410
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

I can't believe this. Who does she think she is? She can't give this shit effort in Mm's because she isn't in the top 10. Someone needs to remind her.

Still riding that Ivanovic coaster
Ivanovic2008 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,167
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post
I can't believe this. Who does she think she is? She can't give this shit effort in Mm's because she isn't in the top 10. Someone needs to remind her.
Agreed, but this is not even about her. If you're not ready, skip the tournament.

People bitch about Serena for being a part-timer, but she's doing the right thing. If you tank or retire after few games like Vika, it's so unfair to other players. The draw becomes unbalanced, they take someone's place in the MD. If she took an appearance fee, that's even worse.
Cajka is offline  
post #123 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Milan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anapolis
Posts: 26,541
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Com'on Ana please win Dubai , even though it isn't Aprils Fools Day

'We can be heroes, for ever and ever. What d'you say?'

aleks krunić ♔ ana ivanović ♔ venus williams
maria sharapova sabine lisicki martina hingis tsvetana pironkova ons jabeur elina svitolina barbora strycova ashleigh barty nina stojanovic
Milan. is offline  
post #124 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,531
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

There is nothing unprofessional in what is Ana doing right now
Actually, this shows how big professional she is all the time, no matter on circumstances or personal feelings.

She save whole this MM tournament just with hers presence there - no matter on hers "current" rankings and slump problems she is still 3rd or 4th most welcomed WTA (super)star for every WTA tour event around world! Ana knows that she is still not ready for day-to-day challenge, she is pissed-off from Australian part of 2013 season because whats happen in Hopman Cup final and AO R16 round where both times she has big expectations, she finally again have new toy boy, she will play FED CUP also - but still Ana come there in Thailand at end of the world on that small tournament! Majority of Ivanovic fans not understand this, but at least I'm sure that Pattaya organizers and WTA Tour officials are very grateful to Ana for all this big efforts!

I'm also very disappointed with this unexpected first round loss, I expected 2nd round lose - but of course I forgive her, not only because I really don't care about MM events, but also because no doubt for me that Ana will beat Ayumi if there is no rain!

How big is my respect about Ana Ivanovic professionalism You can see clean in this my last week prediction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
My predictions for February:

MM Pattaya: Early round exit

FED CUP (Serbia vs Slovakia): Qualify for SF
Premier-5 Doha: Early round exit

Premier Dubai: at least QF (depending on Draw)
So despite I know that Ana is not ready for day-to-day matches and that injury prevention is priority for Ana in February, I still predicted for Ana quarterfinal in Dubai! Why? Because I know how professional Ana is, and as Dubai Duty Free global brand ambassador she will even take risk of injuries and play hers best current tennis, and wins at least two matches in the row, which is little bit irresponsible - but that's Ana and she will take that risk!

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #125 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,167
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

So na ranu.

As if it wasn't enough that Ana lost to Randomita, Srbija had to come here gloating because his prediction was correct. Somewhere (deep inside) I honestly have a soft spot for him, but for the most of the time I believe he posts here just to mock us.
Cajka is offline  
post #126 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,531
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
So na ranu.

As if it wasn't enough that Ana lost to Randomita, Srbija had to come here gloating because his prediction was correct. Somewhere (deep inside) I honestly have a soft spot for him, but for the most of the time I believe he posts here just to mock us.
But when I will predict big success from Ana in Indian Wells already next month, You will be the first one to accuse me that I trying to jinx Ana!?

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #127 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,167
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
But when I will predict big success from Ana in Indian Wells already next month, You will be the first one to accuse me that I trying to jinx Ana!?
If you make a correct prediction of that kind, I'll keep your nick and the quote of that prediction in my sig and I will goodrep you at least once a week and defend you every time you make a jinx prediction thread in GM.
Cajka is offline  
post #128 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Milan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anapolis
Posts: 26,541
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
But when I will predict big success from Ana in Indian Wells already next month, You will be the first one to accuse me that I trying to jinx Ana!?
You don't need to be Baba Vanga to predict Ana's success in Indian Wells, it's fact that she's playing her best tennis there I want to your predictions come true

'We can be heroes, for ever and ever. What d'you say?'

aleks krunić ♔ ana ivanović ♔ venus williams
maria sharapova sabine lisicki martina hingis tsvetana pironkova ons jabeur elina svitolina barbora strycova ashleigh barty nina stojanovic
Milan. is offline  
post #129 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,167
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Let me predict Srbija's next prediction.

IW 2011 Ana beats a defending champion in 1/8 final, but loses in the QF.

IW 2012 Ana beats a defending champion in 1/8 final and loses in the SF.

IW 2013 Kirilenko overtakes Ana's #13 position, so Ana has to play Vika in in 1/8 final, she beats her and reaches the final this time.
Cajka is offline  
post #130 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Ivanovic2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,410
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

It isn't that hard to predict that Ana will lose in the first round of an MM

Still riding that Ivanovic coaster
Ivanovic2008 is offline  
post #131 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Harry.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Posts: 2,070
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Kirilenko, who also "really tried her best in a Grand Slam" (made the 4R like Ana did), is in the final of Pattaya. Guess she didn't find it "hard to get to another event so soon"

Last edited by Harry.; Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Harry. is offline  
post #132 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Gentleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,587
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Don't be so hard with this Pattaya thing, it was raining for three days guys, she just got bored. It will be much better next time, Dubai and Doha are next. I gotta feeling Ana will beat some of the top 5 in one of those tournaments and reach at least SF.

Ana Ivanović Schweinsteiger

Gentleman is offline  
post #133 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Trainwreck
 
Lord Choc Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 54,368
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

. It's called being a tennis professional Ana. You know, playing tournaments, sometimes close together...
Lord Choc Ice is offline  
post #134 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Linguae^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,117
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

If Srbija is right, I'm just waiting to see who Ana is going to bomb out to in Doha.
Linguae^ is offline  
post #135 of 302 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
gloria7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,035
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Vranes said in an interview for "Sportski zurnal" that Ana has a shoulder injury and that was the reason why she couldn't serve well in Perth and Melbourne. She's in therapy, she's ready to help her team in Nis, but her medical team will decide wheter she will play or not.
gloria7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome