Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
Ah yeah, I remembered they played consecutively but I thought Ana lost them both.
No, she won the first set easily, then she was losing 5-0 in the second, but she came back and won a set in tb. We were following the scoreboard, there was no stream and my slutty neighbor was having an animal sex during that match, I will never forget that night.
Cajka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
No, she won the first set easily, then she was losing 5-0 in the second, but she came back and won a set in tb. We were following the scoreboard, there was no stream and my slutty neighbor was having an animal sex during that match, I will never forget that night.
You are

but I still haven't forgiven you for calling me vile

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #78 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
You are

but I still haven't forgiven you for calling me vile
I thought you could misunderstand it, but I put that smiley to make it clear it was a joke. But, seriously, cheering for Vika... I'll never forgive you. Izzy is also on my shitlist, I saw she congratulated her on Twitter. God, I have to admit, I'm so pressed. I feel like my skin burns when I think about that final. I haven't hated a player that much since Capriati, it's shocking, I can't believe myself. And it's also very lame. I just can't help it.
Cajka is offline  
post #79 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,563
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I thought you could misunderstand it, but I put that smiley to make it clear it was a joke. But, seriously, cheering for Vika... I'll never forgive you. Izzy is also on my shitlist, I saw she congratulated her on Twitter. God, I have to admit, I'm so pressed. I feel like my skin burns when I think about that final. I haven't hated a player that much since Capriati, it's shocking, I can't believe myself. And it's also very lame. I just can't help it.
Sorry my friend!

I can't ever not admire someone who shows so much mental resilience. That inner strength is probably one of the things I most admire in people... How I like Ana I don't even know.. she is like the opposite of that! I can see Vika's flaws... but, I can't just shut my eyes to the mental strength she showed.

Besides.. we all know Vika will end up with a whole bunch of slams... so... I'm pressed someone would win a second slam before Ana.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #80 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,563
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
No, she won the first set easily, then she was losing 5-0 in the second, but she came back and won a set in tb. We were following the scoreboard, there was no stream and my slutty neighbor was having an animal sex during that match, I will never forget that night.
Seems like such a great night!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #81 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
How I like Ana I don't even know.. she is like the opposite of that!
I actually thought about that few days ago. There's no way I would ever become a fan if she ever showed a sign of becoming such a mess. I remember that match against Mauresmo in 2005, no, she wasn't just a pumped teen who had nothing to lose. I clearly remember what I saw and I was impressed. It was a composed, intelligent young woman who knew exactly what she wanted. In that moment I knew she would become a champion, the best in the world. I've never wondered how she became great, I clearly remember she had it in herself. I always wondered how she lost it. That's the mystery part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Seems like such a great night!
Jokes aside, it was disturbing, I wanted to call a police or something few times. A normal person would never scream like that. Lame and offensive.
Cajka is offline  
post #82 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,563
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I actually thought about that few days ago. There's no way I would ever become a fan if she ever showed a sign of becoming such a mess. I remember that match against Mauresmo in 2005, no, she wasn't just a pumped teen who had nothing to lose. I clearly remember what I saw and I was impressed. It was a composed, intelligent young woman who knew exactly what she wanted. In that moment I knew she would become a champion, the best in the world. I've never wondered how she became great, I clearly remember she had it in herself. I always wondered how she lost it. That's the mystery part
Yes, you are right.. up until a point, Ana had it in her.. that mental resilience.. suddenly she simply lost it. Its strange.

I remember back in the days I used to think Ana would put all her heart in matches and just fight hard if she had the chance to do so, and just find a way.. there is no sign of that these days..

It can be seen in numbers really.. she went from being 41-14 in 3 setters from 2005 to 2008 to being something like 19-36 from 2009 to 2011.. its like opposite numbers.. too big of a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Jokes aside, it was disturbing, I wanted to call a police or something few times. A normal person would never scream like that. Lame and offensive.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #83 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes, you are right.. up until a point, Ana had it in her.. that mental resilience.. suddenly she simply lost it. Its strange.

I remember back in the days I used to think Ana would put all her heart in matches and just fight hard if she had the chance to do so, and just find a way.. there is no sign of that these days..

It can be seen in numbers really.. she went from being 41-14 in 3 setters from 2005 to 2008 to being something like 19-36 from 2009 to 2011.. its like opposite numbers.. too big of a change.
I remember watching some of her matches with my father or friends. The slam matches like the ones against Hantuchova, JJ, Vaidisova... All those people around me were negative, but I was so confident about Ana. Now I don't believe in her when she has a huge lead in R1 of MM.
Cajka is offline  
post #84 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Deestruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,256
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Lets just ALL hope there are NO ridiculous losses.
Deestruction is offline  
post #85 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,563
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I remember watching some of her matches with my father or friends. The slam matches like the ones against Hantuchova, JJ, Vaidisova... All those people around me were negative, but I was so confident about Ana. Now I don't believe in her when she has a huge lead in R1 of MM.


I feel the same way.. I used to have so much faith in Ana turning around any match.. I remember that match against Hantuchova.. I kept yelling at the TV: "Come on Ana, you can do this, fight!" Because I knew she would wake up and fight.

Nowadays she can be 5-0 40-0 up and I'm still dreading the next point. I guess its the result of watching SO many chokes.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #86 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post


I feel the same way.. I used to have so much faith in Ana turning around any match.. I remember that match against Hantuchova.. I kept yelling at the TV: "Come on Ana, you can do this, fight!" Because I knew she would wake up and fight.

Nowadays she can be 5-0 40-0 up and I'm still dreading the next point. I guess its the result of watching SO many chokes.
I'm also JJ's fan, so I think that I got my feeling mixed up, I even fear for Masha, Serena, Novak and of my other sane faves. I'm scared of chokes. It affected me a lot. I spent my teen years being a huge Safin fan. I loved him as much as I love Ana... Well, probably even more. Then I got Ana and JJ... Disaster... Today I was scared that Novak would choke against Murray. What a BS, really! But I'm a poor, tortured tennis fan. I lost the ability to have faith in my faves, even if they're really mentally strong, like Novak, Masha, Serena, Aga...
Cajka is offline  
post #87 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I thought you could misunderstand it, but I put that smiley to make it clear it was a joke. But, seriously, cheering for Vika... I'll never forgive you. Izzy is also on my shitlist, I saw she congratulated her on Twitter. God, I have to admit, I'm so pressed. I feel like my skin burns when I think about that final. I haven't hated a player that much since Capriati, it's shocking, I can't believe myself. And it's also very lame. I just can't help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Sorry my friend!

I can't ever not admire someone who shows so much mental resilience. That inner strength is probably one of the things I most admire in people... How I like Ana I don't even know.. she is like the opposite of that! I can see Vika's flaws... but, I can't just shut my eyes to the mental strength she showed.

Besides.. we all know Vika will end up with a whole bunch of slams... so... I'm pressed someone would win a second slam before Ana.


People always tell me I am too trusting ... Vika nearly won me over when she broke down after winning

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #88 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I'm also JJ's fan, so I think that I got my feeling mixed up, I even fear for Masha, Serena, Novak and of my other sane faves. I'm scared of chokes. It affected me a lot. I spent my teen years being a huge Safin fan. I loved him as much as I love Ana... Well, probably even more. Then I got Ana and JJ... Disaster... Today I was scared that Novak would choke against Murray. What a BS, really! But I'm a poor, tortured tennis fan. I lost the ability to have faith in my faves, even if they're really mentally strong, like Novak, Masha, Serena, Aga...
You weren't the only one. For the first set and a half it looked like Andy had the mental advantage to me

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #89 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Gentleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,416
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

R1: Ana Ivanovic vs Ayumi Morita on Court 1 (January 29th on 6pm local Pattaya city time)

Tomorrow, 12 pm in Serbia

Ana Ivanovic Schweinsteiger
Gentleman is offline  
post #90 of 302 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Senior Member
 
roddickme20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
                     
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

i used to like ivanovic for years since she played in seoul. after that i did not see any good improvement in her mental game.


cheering her is putting my self to the roller coaster.


during her performances at AO, i don't see there will be huge change in her tennis career.


but i always give her good luck
roddickme20 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome