The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6 - Page 176 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2626 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Those quotes make me sad. Just like the quotes about Novak after the OG. Try hiring Andre fucking Agassi or that troll Wilander, Ana, if you're so impressed by ATP players.
Maybe she should actually study tennis like in school? What do you think? Have her watch tapes of ATP matches and then design tactics... have exams in which the question is.. what do you do if you are player X in Y match, shown on tape until Z point? It seems she can only see things if she literally sees it from another player. Talking to her doesn't seem to be very effective... I'm not sure Ana is a good listener, in the sense of applying what she is told.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2627 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Linguae^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,117
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

I just think think that Flipkens was a tough match-up for her today, especially indoors, on this fast surface, Ana's game is one-dimensional and when she loses her temper, as well, that's a deadly combination. I think she still doesn't know how she lost this, I don't know how it happened either, I just think and hope she will be better in Moscow. She looked so concentrated and mature against both Niculescu and Petkovic. I hope it comes back.
Linguae^ is online now  
post #2628 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,157
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Maybe she should actually study tennis like in school? What do you think? Have her watch tapes of ATP matches and then design tactics... have exams in which the question is.. what do you do if you are player X in Y match, shown on tape until Z point? It seems she can only see things if she literally sees it from another player. Talking to her doesn't seem to be very effective... I'm not sure Ana is a good listener, in the sense of applying what she is told.
Don't know, Izzy. Howard pointed out her reaction, that finger gesture. I didn't link that reaction to that advice he gave her, but it really makes sense. In that case, she'll never listen to anyone. I'll be surprised if she doesn't fire Nigel after Moscow. Their interaction is awful atm. He should fire her.

Nobody has enough authority. I mean, she fired Heinz. You don't fire such a great coach just like that. Nigel is the only other coach who managed to do help her (and she changed 1000 coaches), she doesn't listen to him anymore. She didn't care about Vranješ's advices during the FC. So, no, I don't think she's a good listener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #2629 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Don't know, Izzy. Howard pointed out her reaction, that finger gesture. I didn't link that reaction to that advice he gave her, but it really makes sense. In that case, she'll never listen to anyone. I'll be surprised if she doesn't fire Nigel after Moscow. Their interaction is awful atm. He should fire her.

Nobody has enough authority. I mean, she fired Heinz. You don't fire such a great coach just like that. Nigel is the only other coach who managed to do help her (and she changed 1000 coaches), she doesn't listen to him anymore. She didn't care about Vranješ's advices during the FC. So, no, I don't think she's a good listener.
I think she will keep Nigel.. He lets her slack off and take holidays whenever she wants.. She will keep not listening, and he will keep getting his check at the end of the month.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2630 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,157
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I think she will keep Nigel.. He lets her slack off and take holidays whenever she wants.. She will keep not listening, and he will keep getting his check at the end of the month.
He looks like he's losing patience, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #2631 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
He looks like he's losing patience, honestly.
Really? Don't see that at all.. thought he looked like as whatever as Ana did.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2632 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,157
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Really? Don't see that at all.. thought he looked like as whatever as Ana did.
to me he doesn't look as patient as he was in the beginning. after all, he used to coach dani and we remember how pissed he was when she wasn't listening to his advices. he spoke publicly about her bad attitude. and ana is behaving more and more like a brat. he should find a normal player to coach, honestly. ana is a lost case, now it's clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #2633 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
to me he doesn't look as patient as he was in the beginning. after all, he used to coach dani and we remember how pissed he was when she wasn't listening to his advices. he spoke publicly about her bad attitude. and ana is behaving more and more like a brat. he should find a normal player to coach, honestly. ana is a lost case, now it's clear.
He looked pissed in the Dani era.. I feel like he was calm today.. and then by the 2nd set he had that.. "whatever!" expression.. same that Ana had really.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2634 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,157
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
He looked pissed in the Dani era.. I feel like he was calm today.. and then by the 2nd set he had that.. "whatever!" expression.. same that Ana had really.
Exactly. "Whatever" expression comes when you lose your patience, when you're out of ideas, when you're hopeless. Then you're just like "whatever", no matter what you say, she won't care. He should fire her, he was doing fine with young Brits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #2635 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Exactly. "Whatever" expression comes when you lose your patience, when you're out of ideas, when you're hopeless. Then you're just like "whatever", no matter what you say, she won't care. He should fire her, he was doing fine with young Brits.
I think whatever, in "I don't care" sense.. same as Ana. He doesn't care.. Neither really cares.. He wont fire Ana.. And Ana.. she likes that he lets her slack off and be like "whatever". So she wont fire him either. She will keep on not listening and he will keep on earning his money. That's all.

Ana is a hopeless case.. but he isn't that much better either when he is ok with her having no fitness coach for over a year, when he is ok with her taking holidays right before slams, when he is ok with her having 20 minutes light hits just to say that she is practicing... he has patience... just neither cares. Good fit actually.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2636 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,157
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #2637 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
We'll see.
Yep. Time will tell.. as usual.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2638 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,026
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

I was recently reading Pete Sampras autobiography,and I came across something that I think might be pertinent so far as Nigel and Ana are concerned. In an attempt to regain former glories,Pete started working with Jose Higueras,who had all that success with Jim Courier. Things didn't go so well,and Jose later confessed to Pete that he got so emotionally invested in Jim's career that he just didn't want to get so involved with another player like that again.

Now I followed Daniela's career with Nigel very closely,and to say it was a rollercoaster would be an understatement,with frequent tears from Dani and the occasional storm out from Nigel. Maybe Nigel is still feeling burned from his experiences with Dani(who is regarded as a serial underachiever) and is adopting a more laissez-faire attitude when he really should be reading the riot act.
Nalby fan is offline  
post #2639 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Ana's match about to start in Moscow. Ajde!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2640 of 8938 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,460
                     
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Wild FH to start.. 0-15

OMG! WTF? Missed the easiest volley... 0-30

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome