Nomination TB is CLOSED, "Ajde Ana!" reach SuperFinal - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: Ana Forum New Name should be:
Ajde Ana! 13 61.90%
Ana is Love 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
jonnyroyale_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Anapolis Retirement Home
Posts: 1,653
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
And please don't post any stats in your reply (if there will be any), otherwise I'll ban you. [/jk]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
YES - 23
NO - 9
not sure - 2


Ajde Ana! - 20
Ana is Love - 20
^^^ Strongly against both - 9

jonnyroyale_13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Team WTAworld
Moderator
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Londinium
Posts: 119,777
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Get your ass moving Cp6uja, because Im coming after you to Belgrade!

Ana Ivanović.
Dexter is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,507
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

SOA_MC is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,523
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkiri. View Post
I liked that name IF we were gonna change it but really I don't think it needs to be changed.
We will never change "Beauty and her Beasts" current name if we not find other option which have bigger support here... that is for sure - and after more than two years first challenge we will have next week between winner of this tie-break and "Beauty and her Beasts". If you want to see for example "Ana is Love" (instead "Ajde Ana!") in that final only way to help that scenario is to vote in next 3 days in this poll. Please notice that this tie-break (dirty ) "Boycott Campaign" (where you are also involved) so far obviously much more reflect on "Ana is Love" supporters than "Ajde Ana!". Before Dexters post poll stareted 2-0 for "Ana is Love" and current result is 3-7! I understand why members which still more like "Beauty and her Beasts" try with aggressive campaign prevent Ana's forum name recall (they knows that in eventual "match" old name dont have any chances against some regular opponent with "Ana" part like this two), but i dont understand you which more like one of this two new options than current name... So if you dont want to help your favorite option ("Ana is Love" in your case), please dont obstruct.

BTW if we not change this "beasts" name now, we will probably not change this name ever... notice that Sharapova forum still have outdated 2003 "Siberian Siren" name despite since she become an elite WTA player already in 2004 several other names which way more better suits with her new WTA status (like "Golden Girl", "Queen Masha", "Siberian Tigress"... or many variations which include "Maria" or "Sharapova" part) more than 4 years have for sure much bigger support in her fan basis.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,989
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

there is no point in changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have started all the polls, but who had appointed you to lead the "name change comission" is still a mystery. perhaps we should have a poll on that first

come to think of it, the "name change comission" actually has only 1 member

your arguments make no sense at all. why don't you go and start a campaign in sharpie's forum since she obviously also needs your help?

if we are going to change a name there certainly should be a meaningful discussion before it happens. one person can bring a proposal, another person could propose an improvement of that proposal, for example. people should be able to tell as objectively as possible why a name would be meaningful or not. you can't just rush through the selection process, that's no good.

for this reason all these polls are meaningless.
azdaja is offline  
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Nikkiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ♕
Posts: 29,193
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting


Maria Kirilenko & Agnieszka Radwanska ♕
You're wrong, I'm right, I'm smart, you're dumb.
Nikkiri is offline  
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,523
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
there is no point in changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have started all the polls, but who had appointed you to lead the "name change comission" is still a mystery. perhaps we should have a poll on that first
there is no point in NOT changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have IGNORE all the polls results, but who had appointed you (or dony1212 or Dexter) to prevent and obstruct name change of this forum against will of clean majority Ana fans basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
come to think of it, the "name change comission" actually has only 1 member
What you try to prove - that i hacked poll results, deleted or change posts and messages about forum name suggestions, complains and support? Or what? iopen all this polls (except that at GM) but i have only one vote like any other member of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
your arguments make no sense at all. why don't you go and start a campaign in sharpie's forum since she obviously also needs your help?
I'm fan of Ana Ivanovic, not Maria Sharapova, so i dont care really b/c her "Siberian Siren" forum name (from 2003 when she is 16yo) is also outdated and not suits anymore with her current WTA status like in Ana Ivanovic / Beauty and her Beasts case. Maybe her fans already try to retrive that, but local azdaja's prevent any change despite will of majority Sharapova fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
if we are going to change a name there certainly should be a meaningful discussion before it happens. one person can bring a proposal, another person could propose an improvement of that proposal, for example. people should be able to tell as objectively as possible why a name would be meaningful or not. you can't just rush through the selection process, that's no good.
Like you know referendum about "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay or not we have in august and big majority of voters vote for change (and support to stay is just pathetic). Than in november (two weeks, between Nov 17-30) we have nomination discussion thread where anybody have right to give own suggestion or opinion about any nomination, and during discussions this two options (Ajde Ana! and Ana is Love) have biggest support at end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
for this reason all these polls are meaningless.
Only if next week superfinal-poll "Beauty and her Beasts" beat winner of this poll (Ajde Ana! or Ana is Love).

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2008, 12:44 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
doni1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,667
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
there is no point in NOT changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have IGNORE all the polls results, but who had appointed you (or dony1212 or Dexter) to prevent and obstruct name change of this forum against will of clean majority Ana fans basis?
Who appointed you to be the leader or president of this forum? Everything is not up to you! The people who are speaking out are mostly against this name change. Quit bringing up results from August! It's going on January,

Rena's Army, Ana and Vika!!!

21


doni1212 is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Senior Member
 
jonnyroyale_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Anapolis Retirement Home
Posts: 1,653
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
there is no point in NOT changing the name just for the sake of it. you may have IGNORE all the polls results, but who had appointed you (or dony1212 or Dexter) to prevent and obstruct name change of this forum against will of clean majority Ana fans basis?
People change their minds about things, its not surprising that people voted the yes option to wanting a new name if they had expectations for good suggestions. The first poll could be interpreted as the majority voting: 'yes i want to see what we can come up with', not 'yes we must change the name.' Then after suggestions were made, some that voted to change may have said Beauty and Her Beasts isnt so bad compared to these new suggestions.

This is probably the number 2 Ivanovic forum on the internet, behind the official website. Its just speculation, but im sure Ana herself is at least aware of 'Beauty and Her Beasts.' Maybe not, but i think if we're going to just up and change the name all of a sudden, its got to be a more organized cooperative process. Right now, love seems a strange name to stick in the forum name. Where is the love? We are more beastlike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
Who appointed you to be the leader or president of this forum? Everything is not up to you! The people who are speaking out are mostly against this name change. Quit bringing up results from August! It's going on January,
theres a word for this im pretty sure
ANA-archy n. 1. disorder, confusion 2.relating to the appointment of oneself as leader or president of the Ivanovic Forum 3.relating to everything being up to you in the Ivanovic forum. 4. 5.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2008, 03:47 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Balltossovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36,729
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Balltossovic is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,989
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
People change their minds about things, its not surprising that people voted the yes option to wanting a new name if they had expectations for good suggestions. The first poll could be interpreted as the majority voting: 'yes i want to see what we can come up with', not 'yes we must change the name.' Then after suggestions were made, some that voted to change may have said Beauty and Her Beasts isnt so bad compared to these new suggestions.
exactly. i did not vote on the 1st poll and i am not necessarily against name change, but i changed my mind when i saw the way the selection process was giong. if you want to change the name at all costs just change it back to "ana ivanovic".

Quote:
This is probably the number 2 Ivanovic forum on the internet, behind the official website. Its just speculation, but im sure Ana herself is at least aware of 'Beauty and Her Beasts.' Maybe not, but i think if we're going to just up and change the name all of a sudden, its got to be a more organized cooperative process. Right now, love seems a strange name to stick in the forum name. Where is the love? We are more beastlike.
well, when we changed the name to "beauty and her beasts" there sure was a lot of fighting going on. in this regard the name remains fitting.

Quote:
theres a word for this im pretty sure
ANA-archy n. 1. disorder, confusion 2.relating to the appointment of oneself as leader or president of the Ivanovic Forum 3.relating to everything being up to you in the Ivanovic forum. 4. 5.
that would even be a good suggestion for the new name
azdaja is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2008, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,523
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

TB voting: Two days left!


Current Result:
Code:
FINAL           Score   TB
Ajde Ana!        20    10
Ana is Love      20     6


Time Deadline: Dec 20


.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,523
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

About 7 hours before TB time-deadline "Ajde Ana!" lead +4...

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
-NAJ-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,604
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Is this the official vote? What are you decided?
-NAJ- is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,507
                     
Re: Ana Forum New Name - FINAL tie-break voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleAnaJeca View Post
Is this the official vote? What are you decided?
No, the winner of this poll goes up against Beauty and her Beasts in a final showdown (finally) poll next week

If Beauty and her Beasts wins that poll we went through all this for nothing
SOA_MC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome