"AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: Which New Name of Ana Ivanovic Players Forum you more like?
Ajde Ana! 22 40.00%
Ana is Love 24 43.64%
^^^ Strongly against both 9 16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
luv_sweetAna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 167
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

What does ''her beasts'' mean anyway? Her fans?

Ana *sigh* Ivanović.
luv_sweetAna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,989
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_sweetAna View Post
What does ''her beasts'' mean anyway? Her fans?
yes
azdaja is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
wild.river's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,080
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

aha tied. since both of the two finalists have less than 50% support, maybe we shouldn't choose either yet? no need to change it for the sake of changing it. wait for a name that the majority of people like. just sayin'.
wild.river is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
doni1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,667
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post

BTW if doni1212 11 times says that "Beauty and her Beasts" is not outdated and still best option for this Ana's forum, and azdaja says here same thing also 11 times - it's still opinion of TWO fans, not of 22!
Fair enough,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaV View Post
aha tied. since both of the two finalists have less than 50% support, maybe we shouldn't choose either yet? no need to change it for the sake of changing it. wait for a name that the majority of people like. just sayin'.
Exactly,

Rena's Army, Ana and Vika!!!

21


doni1212 is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,874
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Nobody has yet criticized that possibility I mentioned earlier,"Ana Recovers From Diarrhea"---maybe that means that people like it!!....Or,if we're trying to GUARANTEE originality so that we don't mimic names from other forums,then how about,"Ana Gets Bored During A Long International Flight And Reads The Instructions On The Vomit Bag"?....It might catch on after a while and it would DEFINITELY capture the attention of any new visitors to Tennis Forum...of course,we COULD shorten the title slightly if y'all think it's too lengthy

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,989
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
BTW if doni1212 11 times says that "Beauty and her Beasts" is not outdated and still best option for this Ana's forum, and azdaja says here same thing also 11 times - it's still opinion of TWO fans, not of 22!
and even if hundreds or thousands of ana haters in gm say that this is the worst forum name it doesn't mean we should pay attention to that. the fact that this forum won that poll is for me a reason to keep it, not change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaV View Post
aha tied. since both of the two finalists have less than 50% support, maybe we shouldn't choose either yet? no need to change it for the sake of changing it. wait for a name that the majority of people like. just sayin'.
i agree.
azdaja is offline  
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Senior Member
 
jonnyroyale_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Anapolis Retirement Home
Posts: 1,653
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
and even if hundreds or thousands of ana haters in gm say that this is the worst forum name it doesn't mean we should pay attention to that. the fact that this forum won that poll is for me a reason to keep it, not change it.
http://www.tennisforum.com/poll.php?...s&pollid=16270

I just had a look at this thread thats been so important all along, linked above. The thing is only 4 pages long! The most common "explanation" for why Beauty and her Beasts is so bad of a name is summed up using one of two smileys...

or

..with no other explanation needed than that.
In the entire thread only 5 people actually give a real explanation why its bad.
2 of those 5 say because it is arrogant.
1 of those 5 says because Ana is not a beauty.
1 of the 5 says because they dont get it.
the other one says, '"Beauty and her Beasts" is just random and meaningless, but I remember the selection process and nobody came up with any good, or even passable, suggestion.'
jonnyroyale_13 is offline  
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Nikkiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ♕
Posts: 29,193
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Just keep it as it is, that solves everything.

Maria Kirilenko & Agnieszka Radwanska ♕
You're wrong, I'm right, I'm smart, you're dumb.
Nikkiri is offline  
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
doni1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,667
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Thank you!

Rena's Army, Ana and Vika!!!

21


doni1212 is offline  
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,989
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
1 of those 5 says because Ana is not a beauty.
and that guy loves the name that is going to win the ultimate poll started by slobodan milosevic of this forum Cp6uja

one thing to think about is that "beauty and her beasts" is actually an improvement on his own proposal "beauty and best" which is, apart from being grammatically incorrect, infinitely inferior. and he proposed "beauty and best" again after it had been rejected the first time around i undersatnd that a lot of people may prefer a different name, but you won't get the best name by rushing through a few polls

whatever. i guess at least someone's ego will be satisfied.
azdaja is offline  
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Republic of Srpska
Posts: 354
                     
Re: "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
and that guy loves the name that is going to win the ultimate poll started by slobodan milosevic of this forum Cp6uja

one thing to think about is that "beauty and her beasts" is actually an improvement on his own proposal "beauty and best" which is, apart from being grammatically incorrect, infinitely inferior. and he proposed "beauty and best" again after it had been rejected the first time around i undersatnd that a lot of people may prefer a different name, but you won't get the best name by rushing through a few polls

whatever. i guess at least someone's ego will be satisfied.
Maybe he mispelt bets
OC521 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome