FedCup. - Page 90 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1336 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,477
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Maybe someone tells me I'm retarded, but I have a strong feeling they will turn the tables tomorrow and win it 3-2. I feel like it will be much different tomorrow, but that's just my sense, it looks so far away now. It does look unbelievable to come back.
Even if they tied 2-2 in singles, chances for our doubles to beat super-power Czech team with currently #3 and #4 WTA ranked player in doubles Hlavackova and Hradecka (in last 5 months they together played finals of Wimbledon, Olympics, US Open and YEC!) is less than 1%. We have some unexpected doubles wins in past (based on rankings) against BEL, SVK and CAN, but only one of these 6 opponents players ever reach TOP30 in doubles. This tie is over yesterday.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1337 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: FedCup.

I've never seen Ana act worse on court, tbh. It was the first time I did not watch one of her matches until the end, I had to turn it off because she was really getting on my nerves.

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #1338 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
I've never seen Ana act worse on court, tbh. It was the first time I did not watch one of her matches until the end, I had to turn it off because she was really getting on my nerves.
Ana was a complete nervous wreck. Seriously off balance mentally.

To think once upon a time Ana was a big match player.. Now she can't handle any resemblance of pressure.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1339 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: FedCup.

What did just happen? Ana won an important match against a top 10 player on her turf? In Fed Cup?
The Mayas were right.
fANAtic is offline  
post #1340 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Ivanovic2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,409
                     
Re: FedCup.

I cannot believe she beat petra! !
If only she had played like that against Lucie and Serbia might stand a chance

Still riding that Ivanovic coaster
Ivanovic2008 is offline  
post #1341 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

One of the best matches Ana played all year.. it was a very high quality first set.. dropped a bit in the second due to Petra having trouble breathing.. but it was a quality match overall in which Ana was the best player.

I can only think that Ana should see what she can do when she is not a nervous wreck... play this well. Such a contrast with yesterday's nervous meltdown craptastic performance. Pity she couldn't play like this against Lucie, would've been a very different FC final.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1342 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Harry.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Posts: 2,070
                     
Re: FedCup.

OMG GUISE I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!

I am so proud of her. Like I just can't even describe it. It just feels like her biggest win in years! To pull out a win like that against an opponent like Petra in her own backyard during the Fed Cup final. Like it just feels amazing. So proud of her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes. Don't care if Petra was sick. I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Harry. is offline  
post #1343 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry30 View Post
OMG GUISE I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!

I am so proud of her. Like I just can't even describe it. It just feels like her biggest win in years! To pull out a win like that against an opponent like Petra in her own backyard during the Fed Cup final. Like it just feels amazing. So proud of her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes. Don't care if Petra was sick. I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Hey Harry! My feelings exactly! Ajde!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1344 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,135
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry30 View Post
I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Yes, because we know her so well, I think we can safely say that if Ana had lost the 3rd MP, it would have been quite likely that Petra would have held and then Ana could easily lose the tiebreak. She would have been in massive trouble.

If she had lost this match I can only imagine the mental scars it would have left. Losing from a set and 5-2 up? Having 3 MPs in a row? Feeling like she lost the fed cup for her country? She dodged some bullets today, like Neo in the matrix. I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to recover if she didn't. I'm glad she managed to avoid that scenario.

Overall it's a great confidence builder for Ana. It will give her a positive mood going into the offseason, and we all know how important mental outlook is for Ana.
HowardH is offline  
post #1345 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Iva87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,636
                     
Re: FedCup.

This was Kvitova's first singles loss on Fed Cup since April 2010
Iva87 is offline  
post #1346 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

Ana's serve today.. almot 70% in.. what a difference does that make? Also 4 aces to only 1 DF. Ana had 8 DFs yesterday.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1347 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Yes, because we know her so well, I think we can safely say that if Ana had lost the 3rd MP, it would have been quite likely that Petra would have held and then Ana could easily lose the tiebreak. She would have been in massive trouble.

If she had lost this match I can only imagine the mental scars it would have left. Losing from a set and 5-2 up? Having 3 MPs in a row? Feeling like she lost the fed cup for her country? She dodged some bullets today, like Neo in the matrix. I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to recover if she didn't. I'm glad she managed to avoid that scenario.

Overall it's a great confidence builder for Ana. It will give her a positive mood going into the offseason, and we all know how important mental outlook is for Ana.
I agree. I think that her performance against Sam was very important too, now she knows she can be absolutely competitive against #6 - #10, win sets, matches, that's the first step to reentering the top 10.

Sadly, JJ is done. This looks very bad. Meh... Why can't Lucie play like this against someone else but my faves? I might become a fan again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1348 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

Oh JJ..

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1349 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: FedCup.

I can't believe I root for JJ, and I can't believe she'll let Ana outperform her in Fed Cup!
fANAtic is offline  
post #1350 of 1648 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,565
                     
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Yes, because we know her so well, I think we can safely say that if Ana had lost the 3rd MP, it would have been quite likely that Petra would have held and then Ana could easily lose the tiebreak. She would have been in massive trouble.

If she had lost this match I can only imagine the mental scars it would have left. Losing from a set and 5-2 up? Having 3 MPs in a row? Feeling like she lost the fed cup for her country? She dodged some bullets today, like Neo in the matrix. I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to recover if she didn't. I'm glad she managed to avoid that scenario.

Overall it's a great confidence builder for Ana. It will give her a positive mood going into the offseason, and we all know how important mental outlook is for Ana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I agree. I think that her performance against Sam was very important too, now she knows she can be absolutely competitive against #6 - #10, win sets, matches, that's the first step to reentering the top 10.

Sadly, JJ is done. This looks very bad. Meh... Why can't Lucie play like this against someone else but my faves? I might become a fan again.
Agreed guys. Losing this match after playing so well and leading a set and 5-2 was just not an option.. would leave scars.. but winning it as she did could be a boost, even if Serbia doesn't win the tie. Ana played some very high quality tennis today.. she has to know she has it in her. Hopefully she finally has a strong off season.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome