Ana Ivanovic: I am grateful to the audience for their support
October 19, 2012, 21:41 | Author: Jacob Eccentrics, GoTennis.ru
Ana Ivanovic was the last semifinalist of the tournament, "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup" in the women's singles, beating Vesna Dolonts . To learn how to play with her compatriot and their expectations from the meeting with Samantha Stosur, Ivanovic told a news conference.
- It is always difficult to play with a compatriot, especially if you are on it almost did not know (Dolonts recently began to play for Serbia - Comm. gotennis.ru ), - Ana said. - Spring showed good tennis.
- How do you react to the fact that your game is not on the center court, where you probably would have collected the full podium?
- I love playing there. But today, I had no luck: what if scheduled to be held eight quarterfinals in singles for men and women, and the organizers can put the main arena just five matches. I hope tomorrow to play well on the center court.
- Ana, yesterday you said that it is very difficult to play against tennis, which had not previously met, and did not know what to expect from it. What surprises you presented Spring?
- And not only this. First, we played on the court number one, and it is much faster than the central one. Secondly, a strong flow of Spring. I needed time to adjust to these factors. But in general Dolonts serious potential. She is able to progress as a player.
- Have you heard the cries of the Russian-speaking audience in your support? That means to you current tournament?
- Yes, I had a very pleasant support of spectators. Especially in the first match for me, in which I played against Russian Valeria Solovieva. As for the "Kremlin Cup", it is very important for me: I want to be here to win and finish the season on a positive note.
- The greatest success you have achieved in 2005 - 2008 years. How in the world do you assess their current stage of your career?
- Then I played freely and was able to realize his dream of becoming a champion of the tournament "Grand Slam" and become a top tennis player. Then there were the injuries that prevented me to continue in the same spirit. But I hope to return to previous levels.
- Which of the tennis players do you consider your main rivals?
- Now in WTA-Tour has a lot of strong girls. But I emphasize Azarenka and Sharapova, with whom, however, I can well fight on equal terms.
- What do you think about the upcoming semi-final with Samantha Stosur?
- Certainly, it will be a difficult match than the previous two. I hope we both can show good tennis.
If we ever needed reminding that Vesna's name means Spring, the online translator has given it to us .
It's interesting that Vesna is a common Serbian name, while "vesna" doesn't mean anything in modern Serbian, although there are other words with the origin "ves(t)". And "vesna" does mean "spring" in Russian, but the name Vesna is not common at all. But they have surnames like "Vesnin". Anyway, according to Slavic mythology, Vesna was a Slavic goddess of spring and youth.
Slimline Ivanovic denies weight loss crisis
Author : DSG
Posted on : 19 Oct 2012 18:48:22 in Tennis
Former world number one Ana Ivanovic insists that she is not suffering from a weight-loss crisis despite her new slimline look prompting fears that the sport's gruelling demands were taking a drastic toll.
The 24-year-old Serb also rejected rumours that she has been on a crash diet ordered by her sponsors to force her to lose weight.
"I dont feel that I've seriously lost weight," Ivanovic told AFP at the Kremlin Cup on Friday where she reached the semi-finals.
"This year I've been working really hard and I was travelling a lot. I experienced some stressful situations and sometimes lacked quality food during my travels.
"But I believe that when I get home at the end of the season, I'll feel myself more relaxed and will gain some more weight."
Ivanovic, who is currently 12th in the world, also said that despite losing weight, she still has enough energy to keep her playing powerfully on court.
"I have enough energy but I think I shall become more stronger anyway because I play aggressive tennis and need to get that heaviness of the shot, so that's the feature which I still have to work on," added the 2008 French Open champion.
Its from AFP press agency. I think she really did say it.
I'm actually worried...
I'll just say that I really hope that we are reaaalllyyyy overreacting. But I can only say that I feel really bad after reading this. I'm just truly worried and it has nothing to do with her tennis anymore. God, I just hope, hope and hope I'm wrong.
Ana Ivanovic: I am very saddened by the injury
October 20, 2012, 20:43 | Author: Jacob Eccentrics, GoTennis.ru | Main photo: kremlincup.ru
In the third set of the second semifinal tournament, "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup" forced Ana Ivanovic took time out. How did it affect the outcome of the match, and from Moscow vppechatleniyah Serbian tennis player told a news conference.
- It is unlikely that the trauma hip somehow affect the preparation for the next season - said I. - although the picture, I do not do it. But I, of course, this injury afflicts. I felt some discomfort in his hip while trying to make a forehand in a game on his serve with the score 2/1. But even call the doctor did not improve the situation.
- Ana, in sports there is the axiom that no need to change a winning tactic. You are in the first set went to the net, so to achieve success. What prevented the act as well, of course, before the injury?
- I will continue to play an active and in the second set, but was at the same time make more mistakes. Even then, I had a chance, for example, when the score was 3/3. In any case, I played well.
- Are you going to play in the Fed Cup next year?
- Of course. Well, the first match in the next drawing we spend at home against slovachek. It is very important to us. But so far, we expect to win in the upcoming final against the Czech team.
- What you remember "Kremlin Cup" in "netennisnom" plan?
- Top impression off the court is, of course, a visit to Red Square and march to the ballet. But, of course, I have good memories and the performance in the tournament, even about me losing the first set semifinal.
- What do you think about the upcoming final match, will watch it?
- I'm leaving tomorrow from Moscow. As to the content of the final, each of their opponents cards. On the one hand, Sam - the aggressive tennis player, but on the other, slow cover more suited Carolina, which will get all the balls. However, if Stosur can constantly attack, she will win.
- How do you explain the consistently good performance of your compatriots to "Kremlin Cup"?
- Indeed, Serbs feel good here, relaxed. Feel kinship with the country. It is no coincidence couple of our guys won the tournament. I hope that I will succeed in the future.