If we ever needed reminding that Vesna's name means Spring, the online translator has given it to us .
It's interesting that Vesna is a common Serbian name, while "vesna" doesn't mean anything in modern Serbian, although there are other words with the origin "ves(t)". And "vesna" does mean "spring" in Russian, but the name Vesna is not common at all. But they have surnames like "Vesnin". Anyway, according to Slavic mythology, Vesna was a Slavic goddess of spring and youth.
Slimline Ivanovic denies weight loss crisis
Author : DSG
Posted on : 19 Oct 2012 18:48:22 in Tennis
Former world number one Ana Ivanovic insists that she is not suffering from a weight-loss crisis despite her new slimline look prompting fears that the sport's gruelling demands were taking a drastic toll.
The 24-year-old Serb also rejected rumours that she has been on a crash diet ordered by her sponsors to force her to lose weight.
"I dont feel that I've seriously lost weight," Ivanovic told AFP at the Kremlin Cup on Friday where she reached the semi-finals.
"This year I've been working really hard and I was travelling a lot. I experienced some stressful situations and sometimes lacked quality food during my travels.
"But I believe that when I get home at the end of the season, I'll feel myself more relaxed and will gain some more weight."
Ivanovic, who is currently 12th in the world, also said that despite losing weight, she still has enough energy to keep her playing powerfully on court.
"I have enough energy but I think I shall become more stronger anyway because I play aggressive tennis and need to get that heaviness of the shot, so that's the feature which I still have to work on," added the 2008 French Open champion.
Its from AFP press agency. I think she really did say it.
I'm actually worried...
I'll just say that I really hope that we are reaaalllyyyy overreacting. But I can only say that I feel really bad after reading this. I'm just truly worried and it has nothing to do with her tennis anymore. God, I just hope, hope and hope I'm wrong.
Ana Ivanovic: I am very saddened by the injury
October 20, 2012, 20:43 | Author: Jacob Eccentrics, GoTennis.ru | Main photo: kremlincup.ru
In the third set of the second semifinal tournament, "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup" forced Ana Ivanovic took time out. How did it affect the outcome of the match, and from Moscow vppechatleniyah Serbian tennis player told a news conference.
- It is unlikely that the trauma hip somehow affect the preparation for the next season - said I. - although the picture, I do not do it. But I, of course, this injury afflicts. I felt some discomfort in his hip while trying to make a forehand in a game on his serve with the score 2/1. But even call the doctor did not improve the situation.
- Ana, in sports there is the axiom that no need to change a winning tactic. You are in the first set went to the net, so to achieve success. What prevented the act as well, of course, before the injury?
- I will continue to play an active and in the second set, but was at the same time make more mistakes. Even then, I had a chance, for example, when the score was 3/3. In any case, I played well.
- Are you going to play in the Fed Cup next year?
- Of course. Well, the first match in the next drawing we spend at home against slovachek. It is very important to us. But so far, we expect to win in the upcoming final against the Czech team.
- What you remember "Kremlin Cup" in "netennisnom" plan?
- Top impression off the court is, of course, a visit to Red Square and march to the ballet. But, of course, I have good memories and the performance in the tournament, even about me losing the first set semifinal.
- What do you think about the upcoming final match, will watch it?
- I'm leaving tomorrow from Moscow. As to the content of the final, each of their opponents cards. On the one hand, Sam - the aggressive tennis player, but on the other, slow cover more suited Carolina, which will get all the balls. However, if Stosur can constantly attack, she will win.
- How do you explain the consistently good performance of your compatriots to "Kremlin Cup"?
- Indeed, Serbs feel good here, relaxed. Feel kinship with the country. It is no coincidence couple of our guys won the tournament. I hope that I will succeed in the future.
Because of the very complicated process of training, at several different locations in Belgrade, it was not possible to organize a pre-planned press conference where would all 4 Serbian tennis players appear. First complete press conference with our players will be held in Prague, on Wednesday, october 31st...