~Ana's articles~ - Page 208 - TennisForum.com
 32Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3106 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Adrian1092's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 1,340
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Could somebody please post the interview transcript here? I can't seem to access the Dubai website

Ana Ivanovic
Angelique Kerber Sara Errani Julia Goerges
Marion Bartoli Garbiñe Muguruza
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel


"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3107 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,689
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

C. WOZNIACKI/A. Ivanovic
6-3, 7-5

An interview with:
ANA IVANOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How would you cap this performance here?

ANA IVANOVIC: The performance here?

Q. Yeah.

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, I had couple of great matches, you know. Today was good at times, but not consistent enough.
It's a bit disappointing for sure.

Q. Do you see any improvements? What sort of aspects have you improved upon?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I feel I'm more consistent. Today I was just lacking a bit more patience at times. I was going for too much too soon.
When I was going for it, I wasn't going for it at the right times. That's a little bit disappointing.

Q. If you were to judge, how far are you from your best, let's say, French Open 2008?

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, it's hard to tell. I think you can't really compare it. Maybe the way I was playing at that time is not going to be good enough at this time the way tennis and the game is developing.

Q. Jelena has a house here. Would you think or have you thought about moving here maybe?
ANA IVANOVIC: I struggle to find time to go to Belgrade as it is, you know, and to have a place here I think would be hard. But it would be very nice.

Q. Would you think about it?

ANA IVANOVIC: Not at the moment. Like I said, I don't have enough time -- as much time to go to Belgrade as I would like.

Q. What made the difference between you two tonight?

ANA IVANOVIC: I think inconsistency from my side, you know, and too many double faults also.

Q. Were you going for too much?

ANA IVANOVIC: At times, yeah, the wrong shots, you know. I tried to put pressure on her, but I felt like on my serve I wasn't as explosive as I was and I was lacking a little bit of that intensity. When you play against top players, you have to be prepared to work hard for every point. I was, but sometimes I wanted it too soon. That cost me today.

Q. Still, there wasn't very much in it, was there? One hold of serve here and another one there and it would have been a different match.
ANA IVANOVIC: It was very, very close. Even despite the things I didn't do right I still had lots of opportunities, and that's definitely a
positive thing. But, you know, it's very disappointing after having couple of good matches just that I wasn't as consistent today. Still, a lot to learn from. Overall I'm pretty happy with my week. I had couple of really tough matches. You know, like I said it's a process. Sometimes you have little setbacks. Today I lost against a really good player.

Q. The toss on the serve, was that part of the problem?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, today it was. It was just a little bit because I was unsettled and I tried to rush and go for it too much.
But then at times I served really nicely when I sort of relaxed and tried to play within a little bit more. Rather than think about what I'm going to do to hurt her, concentrate on my own serve. It's something that I have to be aware of in the future.

Q. You were saying the other day that you still need to work on your backhand. Caroline seemingly tonight made a point of keeping it away from your forehand quite a bit. She was working you on the backhand wing. Is it nice have to that practice? And also, the fact that Wozniacki didn't want to go into your forehand side?

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, the sore left side of my back tells how many backhands I've hit this week. Yeah, you know, that's something that everyone is going to go, and I know it and I think it improved. It's something that I still want to get better at, but you still have to be complete player in order to win slams. I think backhand is still a solid shot. I missed few today that I was a little bit too close, but it was just a footwork matter. That's what I felt I was lacking at times. But, you know, I think my backhand is as good as forehand when I need it.

Q. Where do you go from who are? America presumably.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, probably. America probably and try to prepare for Indian Wells and, you know, try to keep playing outdoor and try to do the right thing by body and mind.

Q. What would be a good year for you this year? Getting back into the top 10?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely getting back to top 10. And playing in Istanbul, the Championships, that would be my ultimate goal for this year.

Q. That would be your main target this year?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yes.

Q. Talk a little bit about coaching. We've been talking to some of the players about on-court coaching, yes, no. Sam Stosur doesn't want to do it; Jelena now says she doesn't want to do it. You would like have to Nigel come on and talk to you quite a lot, would you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it depends. It really depends. I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition; sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout. So sometimes I call him if I really feel like he can step up and help. But it's tough, because at the Grand Slams we don't have that, you know, and that's when it matters the most. So, you know, it's nice to have that help, and sometimes one trigger can make a difference. But, yeah, I think it's fine. You know, I think it's fun that players have that opportunity.

Q. Will you go away feeling encouraged from what's happened here, do you think?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, disappointed definitely. I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight. But, you know, definitely motivated as well, because I feel like I achieved a fair bit this week. You know, I overcame and beat some good players, and that's a positive thing. I did a few good things out there. I'm going to try and build on that and try to keep getting fitter and better and stronger.

Q. Do you often sleep badly after losses?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, yeah. But also after late-night matches it's quite hard to go to sleep. You can just imagine how much adrenaline you have. It's kind of hard to calm down.

Q. What do you do, read?

ANA IVANOVIC: Sometimes just stare at the ceiling. (Laughter.) Yeah, sometimes it's impossible to read. That's one thing that I can't do after, you know, a quite exhausting match. You probably just end up listening to music and watching something on TV, or, yeah, staring at the ceiling.

Q. Do you want to talk to people or be on your own?

ANA IVANOVIC: Most of the time I want to be on my own. Most of the times that's good advice I can give to others, to not talk to me.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #3108 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,689
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She's like some Serbian grandma who thinks that psychologists are only for crazy people.
And look who's talking

To be very honest it's You who often me reminds lately on some Serbian grandma's (especially from Milosevic era) with all that "Ana is not enough good Serbian" and similar comments from couple last weeks.

Do you really believe that someone who several times in past says that if she is not tennis player she will probably choose something connected with psychology - have no clue about psychologists job!?

Ana is an modern girl in best meaning of that word.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
 
post #3109 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Adrian1092's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 1,340
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Thanks Cp6uja! Judging by the sounds of things, it seems Ana spends a lot of time looking at the ceiling haha

Ana Ivanovic
Angelique Kerber Sara Errani Julia Goerges
Marion Bartoli Garbiñe Muguruza
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel


"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline  
post #3110 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,193
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
And look who's talking

To be very honest it's You who often me reminds lately on some Serbian grandma's (especially from Milosevic era) with all that "Ana is not enough good Serbian" and similar comments from couple last weeks.

Do you really believe that someone who several times in past says that if she is not tennis player she will probably choose something connected with psychology - have no clue about psychologists job!?

Ana is an modern girl in best meaning of that word.
Find a quote, please. I've never said that. Don't lie and manipulate. If there's someone who speaks bad things about Ana on this board, it's you. I can find 50 examples at least. What you do in GM is trolling and the "nice" things you write about her look like mocking more than supporting, so stop bitching, please. Everybody knows that you made a mess because of some popularity contest, you trolled about VIP invitations, now you say that she tanks her matches because she's not interested in playing for two days in raw. You're not stupid at all and I don't buy the story that you are delusional and enthusiastic. You're a troll.

I'm not gonna comment on Ana's knowledge of psychology, it'. Even the best psychologists have their own therapists. But Ana doesn't. She knows enough about it. Ok, good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka; Feb 24th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Cajka is offline  
post #3111 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
JAS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,489
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
You know, like I said it's a process.
Dear God.
Whoever planted this stupid phrase in her mind should be shot. (j/k)

I am sure at the time it was a good way for her to frame things, but boy does Ana never do an update on her psychological weaponry. How much juice can you try to squeeze out of one apple?
The methods have to be aligned with the circumstances. Looks like she consulted a psychologist, took a leaf out of his book, then sacked him like she does with other trainers and kept using the same mental trick whose original purpose was clearly to deflect pressure off of her.
Man, everything is a process. And yet, every year, plants bear fruit too.



Quote:
Q. Where do you go from who are? America presumably.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, probably. America probably and try to prepare for Indian Wells and, you know, try to keep playing outdoor and try to do the right thing by body and mind.
Is this a reason for hope or is she just saying the right things as always?

Quote:
Q. What would be a good year for you this year? Getting back into the top 10?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely getting back to top 10. And playing in Istanbul, the Championships, that would be my ultimate goal for this year.
[COLOR="Blue"]
Sad.

Quote:
Q. Talk a little bit about coaching. We've been talking to some of the players about on-court coaching, yes, no. Sam Stosur doesn't want to do it; Jelena now says she doesn't want to do it. You would like have to Nigel come on and talk to you quite a lot, would you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it depends. It really depends. I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition;


Quote:
sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout.


Quote:
So sometimes I call him if I really feel like he can step up and help.
JAS_ is offline  
post #3112 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition; sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout.
She's a riot.
fANAtic is offline  
post #3113 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,193
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

And when she calls him, he's like: "I want to go back now. Please don't complicate things."

Nigel is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3114 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
SidTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States Of Eurasia
Posts: 5,364
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Some things she says are mess

Olivia,Ana,Genie

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline  
post #3115 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Linguae^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,114
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Ana, you sre such a mess and you don't know where you hit, learn how to serve or leave tennis, simply. You should play some MM next week but you would rather take some vacation or feed the cat or sweep the Adam's house floor or spread "peace and love" with your numerous organisations. Pick up those shots until Indian Wells, damn!
Linguae^ is offline  
post #3116 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,689
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Ana, you sre such a mess and you don't know where you hit, learn how to serve or leave tennis, simply. You should play some MM next week but you would rather take some vacation or feed the cat or sweep the Adam's house floor or spread "peace and love" with your numerous organisations. Pick up those shots until Indian Wells, damn!
In general this Dubai tournament for Ana should be counted as positive thing. She playing aggressive, beat WTA#11 and reach premier QF and TOP16 seeds status at IW.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #3117 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,983
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Do you really believe that someone who several times in past says that if she is not tennis player she will probably choose something connected with psychology - have no clue about psychologists job!?
i actually do think that ana needs to get a clue about psychology. she is a nice girl, but also a bit of a big child. indeed, all her replies about her alternative profession remind me of a little girl replying to the question about what does she want to be when she grows up.
azdaja is offline  
post #3118 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
SidTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States Of Eurasia
Posts: 5,364
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Also if she wants to be top 10 and in Istanbul she needs to improve her mental side..She probably thinks its all right and everything.I doubt she would listen to anyone

Olivia,Ana,Genie

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline  
post #3119 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Cp6uja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 13,689
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Don't lie and manipulate. If there's someone who speaks bad things about Ana on this board, it's you. I can find 50 examples at least. What you do in GM is trolling and the "nice" things you write about her look like mocking more than supporting, so stop bitching, please. Everybody knows that you made a mess because of some popularity contest, you trolled about VIP invitations, now you say that she tanks her matches because she's not interested in playing for two days in raw. You're not stupid at all and I don't buy the story that you are delusional and enthusiastic. You're a troll.
I really don't care too much about yours personal judgement about me or about yours obsession to persistently teach people what they should to do or what and how they should to speak. Almost all the time you treating Ana Ivanovic like she is an idiot with brain of 8-year old child, and according to most of yours advices this 25 year old lady actually don't need help of psychologists - but rather from some pediatrician or in best case very strict control of her parents!?

In last about four years Ana give us so many reasons for frustration and criticism, and we all here criticize her, mostly with reason - but unlike others, I think you have big problems to recognize and respect couple important things about Ana which every person declared us her fan should to know before posting anything about hers here or elsewhere:
- Ana is not an idiot with brain of 8 year old child.
- Despite all problems and slumps which she have she is still one of 20 best players in the world in by far most competitive womens sport.
- As former world#1, grand slam champion and multiple GS finalists, she should never to be object of constant rude mockery (as tennis player).
- If someone is always graceful, positive and polite in public - its not crime or sign of stupidity.
- However is deep hers tennis-wise slump, hers ultimate (together with Kim Clijsters) crowd favorite status around world is the same, which speak for itself about hers undoubtful personal(ity) qualities.
And just for Ivanovic Serbian fans only... one extra notice about way how Ana represented our country so far: in this new century there is arguable no any other single women who did more for our better global image than tennis superstar Ana Ivanovic. So please think twice next time if you dare to try to teach her or preach her what she must to do or what she should not to do to deserve our love and respect.

and I'm not even fan of Ana Ivanovic... just an objective observer who realize how perfect she is

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline  
post #3120 of 4680 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,193
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
I really don't care too much about yours personal judgement about me or about yours obsession to persistently teach people what they should to do or what and how they should to speak. Almost all the time you treating Ana Ivanovic like she is an idiot with brain of 8-year old child, and according to most of yours advices this 25 year old lady actually don't need help of psychologists - but rather from some pediatrician or in best case very strict control of her parents!?
I defend her more than you do. I got into a personal fight with some posters here because I defended her and Adam's relationship (I was really OK with some of them before that). I had a fight with Isabela because of her constant negativity here and because she acted like she knows all about Ana's situation. I was always saying that we don't know anything about the reasons for her "wrong" decisions. But, please, we all know that she's a total headcase, she has major confidence issue, but for some reason she doesn't want to see a sport psychologist. How can I defend her? Of course she needs a sport psychologist, the best one she can find. And she has enough money to hire the best one in the world.
Quote:
In last about four years Ana give us so many reasons for frustration and criticism, and we all here criticize her, mostly with reason - but unlike others, I think you have big problems to recognize and respect couple important things about Ana which every person declared us her fan should to know before posting anything about hers here or elsewhere:
- Ana is not an idiot with brain of 8 year old child.
- Despite all problems and slumps which she have she is still one of 20 best players in the world in by far most competitive womens sport.
- As former world#1, grand slam champion and multiple GS finalists, she should never to be object of constant rude mockery (as tennis player).
- If someone is always graceful, positive and polite in public - its not crime or sign of stupidity.
- However is deep hers tennis-wise slump, hers ultimate (together with Kim Clijsters) crowd favorite status around world is the same, which speak for itself about hers undoubtful personal(ity) qualities.
Cool. Then stop mocking her by opening the worst threads in the history of this forum. Some posters had the links for your threads in their sigs. All my critics and hysterical moments are in her subforum. When I'm delusional, I write delusional posts her, when I'm angry, I criticize her here. I don't open the threads to attract the trolls and haters in GM.

Quote:
And just for Ivanovic Serbian fans only... one extra notice about way how Ana represented our country so far: in this new century there is arguable no any other single women who did more for our better global image than tennis superstar Ana Ivanovic. So please think twice next time if you dare to try to teach her or preach her what she must to do or what she should not to do to deserve our love and respect.
My affection for Ana has nothing to do with her nationality. I would be her fan if she wasn't a Serb, so she didn't earn my respect because she's a pretty lady who represents us in the world. Serbia's public image in the world is so bad, no matter how beautiful and nice Ana is, it's not going to change anytime soon. Ana and Novak can't change anything, Srbija, we must change. Every single person on this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome