~Ana's articles~ - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
 26Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2386 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Forgot to remark how Ana said she lost 5-6 kilos during the off season.. that's quite a lot.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2387 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
doni1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,667
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

I like how she talked about the crosscourt forehand return winner against Azarenka that basically changed the whole match when she "decided to go for it." Love that!

Rena's Army, Ana and Vika!!!

21


doni1212 is offline  
post #2388 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
I like how she talked about the crosscourt forehand return winner against Azarenka that basically changed the whole match when she "decided to go for it." Love that!
Yes... I hope she keeps that in mind.. Ana is a "go for it" player.. she needs to go for it whenever she is in position and has a chance.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
 
post #2389 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Veelieving!!!!!!!
 
it-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,108
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes... I hope she keeps that in mind.. Ana is a "go for it" player.. she needs to go for it whenever she is in position and has a chance.
I could not agree more.

♥Forever in love with Leo St♥


VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline  
post #2390 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
 
jelenacg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,704
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Forgot to remark how Ana said she lost 5-6 kilos during the off season.. that's quite a lot.
That`s a lot :
I hope they especially Marija know what they are doing

Quote:
(Djokovic) Oh there were no tactics at all.
(Ivanovic) We had really good tactics. We walked on to the court and Novak said ‘Ok, choose which side you want
They are so cute together

Official Ambassador of Anapolis
066364 Melbourne Road,Slumping District
jelenacg is offline  
post #2391 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 18,005
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Some very interesting articles.. so Ana's head was indeed all over the place, she even considered leaving tennis aside and dedicating herself more to studying.

After Wimbledon some tears were shed, but she decided to change something.. hum.. And she considers the Azarenka match in Cincy a real turning point, as so many of us do as well.

I'm not sure about Van Grichen's approach.. but I hope it works.
i think it's interesting she thought about quitting at around the ao time last year, which was the time when i feeled very annoyed with her - somehow i thought she was not trying enough. and she says it was just like that - she thought about quitting. and of course many of us thought she was back on track by the us hard court season.

Quote:
"And it is very hard because you are alone out there and there are very few people that can understand what goes through your mind, because you do suffer a lot.

"You have your closest people who are there for you, to support you, but you know that they don't know 100 per cent how it feels, so it is very hard. It is very lonely."
well, some people support you, some people are cold and don't care, and some, and we are not mentioning any names, are even happy to kick you when you are down.

but i was wondering, isn't the great support from fans that she definitely enjoys enough to inspire her. so many people out there support you and care, so don't even think about giving up!
azdaja is offline  
post #2392 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

From portuguese newspaper "O Jogo":



It basically says Ana has extended her agreement with Van Grichen through at least April, including the already announced aussie season and tournaments in Pattaya, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells and Miami.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2393 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i think it's interesting she thought about quitting at around the ao time last year, which was the time when i feeled very annoyed with her - somehow i thought she was not trying enough. and she says it was just like that - she thought about quitting. and of course many of us thought she was back on track by the us hard court season.
Yes.. I remember I was so pissed off at Ana after AO and Fed Cup last year that I spent 3 months without posting here. I thought she wanted to be anywhere but on court and she was just not trying. And that was definitely the case, since she was thinking about quitting. The change did really happen after Wimbledon.. I think she finally saw that the change had to come from within before anything.. that she had to change her attitude and get her priorities straight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
well, some people support you, some people are cold and don't care, and some, and we are not mentioning any names, are even happy to kick you when you are down.

but i was wondering, isn't the great support from fans that she definitely enjoys enough to inspire her. so many people out there support you and care, so don't even think about giving up!
Maybe that is what kept her going! All the support from fans and sponsors. I think at the time Ana had people around her that either didn't really support her or couldn't care less about her career or that even were pushing her away from tennis.

All in all, those were very interesting and insightful articles.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2394 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 18,005
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
From portuguese newspaper "O Jogo":



It basically says Ana has extended her agreement with Van Grichen through at least April, including the already announced aussie season and tournaments in Pattaya, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells and Miami.
o jogo is much more to my taste than record i often go to their website, mostly for the portuguese liga, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes.. I remember I was so pissed off at Ana after AO and Fed Cup last year that I spent 3 months without posting here. I thought she wanted to be anywhere but on court and she was just not trying. And that was definitely the case, since she was thinking about quitting. The change did really happen after Wimbledon.. I think she finally saw that the change had to come from within before anything.. that she had to change her attitude and get her priorities straight again.
i remember you leaving, and i'm glad you're back

Quote:
Maybe that is what kept her going! All the support from fans and sponsors. I think at the time Ana had people around her that either didn't really support her or couldn't care less about her career or that even were pushing her away from tennis.

All in all, those were very interesting and insightful articles.
yeah, perhaps we should also see ana's relationship with adam in this light. you know, i don't care about her relationships, she has the right to privacy and all that, but while i was not trusting verdasco i was outright negative about adam. perhaps he is not really a bad guy, dunno, but ana needed someone exceptional at that moment. being lulled by anyone or anything into believing that perhaps she could find happiness outside of the tennis world makes that someone or something a negative influence on her.

i somehow want to believe that she has really become stronger after all this. you know, for all the talk about how she was in serbia during the war and bad political situation she always said that her parents shielded her away from all the bad things that were happening during her childhood. and she has always been a crowd favourite and a media darling. did she really learn to deal with difficult situation then? probably not. i hope that has changed now and that would be a huge step for mentally. i think that was missing in her.
azdaja is offline  
post #2395 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
yeah, perhaps we should also see ana's relationship with adam in this light. you know, i don't care about her relationships, she has the right to privacy and all that, but while i was not trusting verdasco i was outright negative about adam. perhaps he is not really a bad guy, dunno, but ana needed someone exceptional at that moment. being lulled by anyone or anything into believing that perhaps she could find happiness outside of the tennis world makes that someone or something a negative influence on her.
Yes.. I don't mind Ana's relationships.. and, at first, I was totally ok with Adam. But with time.. and with the more time Ana was spending with him.. it became completely clear to me he was not a good influence to her. At least not tennis wise. I think in one way or another he was pushing Ana away from tennis, almost giving her incentives left and right to not want to be on a tennis court. I remember right before the 2009 US Open I read an interview with Adam and he was saying he wanted to go on holidays the next couple of weeks. Then in Ana's presser after her first round loss, she said that right before the match she was telling her coach how she wanted to get holidays. I can totally relate things.. and that was a slam.. It became clear to me Adam couldn't care less about Ana's career.. and perhaps for him it would indeed be better if she was away from tennis. There was no real support from him, ever. At the same time, Ana just let herself and her head go wondering in other places and somehow ran away.

I've had an even harder time with Adam since I read one of his latest interviews in which he said the break up with his former girlfriend (the one he had before Ana) still hurts to this day. So Ana was nothing more than some rebound girl for him, while she wasted almost 2 whole years with him, going from golf tournament to golf tournament and almost throwing her career down the drain. All this for a guy who didn't really care for her all that much and never really supported her.

The thing is.. if Ana was really happy away from tennis, then fine.. it would be a waste, but her decision and her life. But she clearly wasn't.. those were painful times for her. Tennis is a huge part of her life and brings her happiness. Whoever is around her has to understand that and give her all the support and even provide some motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i somehow want to believe that she has really become stronger after all this. you know, for all the talk about how she was in serbia during the war and bad political situation she always said that her parents shielded her away from all the bad things that were happening during her childhood. and she has always been a crowd favourite and a media darling. did she really learn to deal with difficult situation then? probably not. i hope that has changed now and that would be a huge step for mentally. i think that was missing in her.
Agreed. I think Ana used to live in her own buble.. one in which things just always ended up working out and coming as she wanted. The slump proved she had no idea how to deal with things when they weren't going as she hoped or expected. As she said, the pain can make for a important learning experience. Right now I still see her nervous as hell.. but if she manages to use all this torment to her favor and learns how to control her emotions, it can make her stronger and be a step fowards mentally. But there's still a long way to go for her.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #2396 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
gloria7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,039
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

I love golf forums. Last year, in march ,i was surfing on the Net,and Ana's name appeared on some golf forum.A guy said that Ana is in Las Vegas with Adam, that he took her to casino ,and thay can be seen everywhere.Same guy began to speak, in details, about Adam's reciprocal dependence on gambling, describing his loses( and facial expresion when in casino), comparing him with a kid in a toy store. Couple of days later, Ana herself said in her diary entry,that she was in casino and she won $200,or something.So...the guy was telling the truth.
One golf forum after another and i start getting a picture on that relationship...from the fan's perspective.Basically, no one give her a chance with Adam from the start. His fans said that she wont last long and that "Adam deserves a 24/7 lady, not some 6 hours fligh romance". Every pic and info of two of them at ASFF was posted by Izzy,Cliente and Zone12 - Ana's fans. That was all i needed to know. For haters Ana was his "new caddy", "russian chick", "missus which could cost him a shitload", "rebound girl who supose to worm up seat for Greg Norman's daughter". As Ana fan i found that very offensive. Journos weren't much better. Adam has helped them with all that talk about his ex, and he mentioned Marie in Loch Lomond( when they asked him about Ana's presence).For journalists Ana was >a friend > close friend > special friend > partner > regular partner and,finally > regular girlfriend...IN OCTOBER.
If you read Ana's and Crybaby's interviews - you can't understand for how long they were dating,why did they broke up and what they meant to each other. For Ana- he was a bf for year and a half, and in first interview in Linz, she said:" If relationship isn't healthy, if you are feeling down and not inspired, then you are not with the right person". According to aussie commentators, they were dating for 6 months, he dumped her because of "bussy schedule". Ana invited him to Belgrade, she was planning her future with him, and now i see that she wanted to quit in january.She was waiting for him to "make an offer"...but he didn't.What can i say- he is a humanitarian of the decade.He has helped her to discover how much she loves tennis, he didn't want to be responsible for the collapse of her career.
Ana has lost 2 years of her life with the " perfect gentleman" who wasn't mature enough to tell her the truth.He didn't want to settle down with Ana, he couldn't get into her like she was into him. She should just let him go instead of hanging around. Maybe he would have respected her for it and not took her for granted.I don't think that he ever had an intensive love for her.I think he started to care about her but his feelings never developed the way that hers did.I wish he would've just come clean to her about his lack of feelings instead of leading her on.I hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for.As for Ana,i'm glad that Novak is around.He is such a great friend,supportive and kind. Ana looks happy on court again and focused on her career,which is good to see.
gloria7 is offline  
post #2397 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
kimgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 556
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..
kimgurl is offline  
post #2398 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Veelieving!!!!!!!
 
it-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,108
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgurl View Post
well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..
I really think Ana & Rafa make a cute couple. They seem to have great chemistry and Rafa seems to be a gentleman.

♥Forever in love with Leo St♥


VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline  
post #2399 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Nena_xxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 957
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgurl View Post
well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..

Agree! But I always liked Verdasco...
Nena_xxx is offline  
post #2400 of 4662 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

A few Sportski Zurnal scans.. I guess they are all recopilations of known news, right?






Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome