According to these idiots, Ana said that she won the match in style. "Former world #1 pointed out that she's very pleased because she played a match in style/with style (I'm not sure which preposition should be used here). And, of course, the comments on the article are all like: "Today you're gonna lose in style."
I know that it's not a big deal, but this is not the first time they twist her words and you can't expect Serbian readers to check the sources, they will, of course, believe in that crap. Those small "mistakes" are hurting her image. She should really sue those "journalists" if it's possible and if she cares.
MOSCOW, Oct. 19 - RIA Novosti. Serbian tennis player Ana Ivanovic was sympathetic to the decision compilers schedule the Kremlin Cup quarter-final match to put her compatriot spring Dolonts on the second most important court sports complex "Olympic".
Ivanovic on Friday beat Dolonts 6:4, 6:1 . Most viewers prefer to watch the game two Serbian tennis player than runs parallel to the center court match Australian Samantha Stosur and Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic.
"I have no hard feelings for the organizers, they had to make a choice - Ivanovic stated at a press conference. - Today, at a very busy tournament schedule. Someone had to send not play on Centre Court. Choose me, but I'm glad advanced to the semifinals, and tomorrow on the center court will try to show good tennis. "
A bitter struggle in the first game of the match with Dolonts, until May 2012 play for Russia, Ivanovic explained that the brand did not know what to expect from the opponent.
"First, it is always difficult to play with compatriot and second, with players who do not know, - explained the tennis player. - Dolonts played at times very good, and I think that over time it will rise high in the ranking."
Former first racket of the world said she enjoys tennis, although she did not manage to repeat the success of 2008, when she won the "Roland Garros" and climbed to the top of the world rankings.
"In fact, I made just about the dream - has become a top tennis player and won the Grand Slam. Since then I have not easy - I'm not always confident in their abilities, had problems with motivation, with other factors. But I managed all overcome this, and now I again enjoy the game. still hope to achieve serious results, "- said Ivanovic.
In the semifinals, the Serbian tennis player will meet Stosur. The second finalist will be determined in the Kremlin Cup match Dane Caroline Wozniacki and Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden.
Ana Ivanovic: I am grateful to the audience for their support
October 19, 2012, 21:41 | Author: Jacob Eccentrics, GoTennis.ru
Ana Ivanovic was the last semifinalist of the tournament, "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup" in the women's singles, beating Vesna Dolonts . To learn how to play with her compatriot and their expectations from the meeting with Samantha Stosur, Ivanovic told a news conference.
- It is always difficult to play with a compatriot, especially if you are on it almost did not know (Dolonts recently began to play for Serbia - Comm. gotennis.ru ), - Ana said. - Spring showed good tennis.
- How do you react to the fact that your game is not on the center court, where you probably would have collected the full podium?
- I love playing there. But today, I had no luck: what if scheduled to be held eight quarterfinals in singles for men and women, and the organizers can put the main arena just five matches. I hope tomorrow to play well on the center court.
- Ana, yesterday you said that it is very difficult to play against tennis, which had not previously met, and did not know what to expect from it. What surprises you presented Spring?
- And not only this. First, we played on the court number one, and it is much faster than the central one. Secondly, a strong flow of Spring. I needed time to adjust to these factors. But in general Dolonts serious potential. She is able to progress as a player.
- Have you heard the cries of the Russian-speaking audience in your support? That means to you current tournament?
- Yes, I had a very pleasant support of spectators. Especially in the first match for me, in which I played against Russian Valeria Solovieva. As for the "Kremlin Cup", it is very important for me: I want to be here to win and finish the season on a positive note.
- The greatest success you have achieved in 2005 - 2008 years. How in the world do you assess their current stage of your career?
- Then I played freely and was able to realize his dream of becoming a champion of the tournament "Grand Slam" and become a top tennis player. Then there were the injuries that prevented me to continue in the same spirit. But I hope to return to previous levels.
- Which of the tennis players do you consider your main rivals?
- Now in WTA-Tour has a lot of strong girls. But I emphasize Azarenka and Sharapova, with whom, however, I can well fight on equal terms.
- What do you think about the upcoming semi-final with Samantha Stosur?
- Certainly, it will be a difficult match than the previous two. I hope we both can show good tennis.
If we ever needed reminding that Vesna's name means Spring, the online translator has given it to us .
It's interesting that Vesna is a common Serbian name, while "vesna" doesn't mean anything in modern Serbian, although there are other words with the origin "ves(t)". And "vesna" does mean "spring" in Russian, but the name Vesna is not common at all. But they have surnames like "Vesnin". Anyway, according to Slavic mythology, Vesna was a Slavic goddess of spring and youth.
Slimline Ivanovic denies weight loss crisis
Author : DSG
Posted on : 19 Oct 2012 18:48:22 in Tennis
Former world number one Ana Ivanovic insists that she is not suffering from a weight-loss crisis despite her new slimline look prompting fears that the sport's gruelling demands were taking a drastic toll.
The 24-year-old Serb also rejected rumours that she has been on a crash diet ordered by her sponsors to force her to lose weight.
"I dont feel that I've seriously lost weight," Ivanovic told AFP at the Kremlin Cup on Friday where she reached the semi-finals.
"This year I've been working really hard and I was travelling a lot. I experienced some stressful situations and sometimes lacked quality food during my travels.
"But I believe that when I get home at the end of the season, I'll feel myself more relaxed and will gain some more weight."
Ivanovic, who is currently 12th in the world, also said that despite losing weight, she still has enough energy to keep her playing powerfully on court.
"I have enough energy but I think I shall become more stronger anyway because I play aggressive tennis and need to get that heaviness of the shot, so that's the feature which I still have to work on," added the 2008 French Open champion.
Its from AFP press agency. I think she really did say it.
I'm actually worried...
I'll just say that I really hope that we are reaaalllyyyy overreacting. But I can only say that I feel really bad after reading this. I'm just truly worried and it has nothing to do with her tennis anymore. God, I just hope, hope and hope I'm wrong.