Ivanovic: Serbian tennis has become very popularAna Ivanovic of the Fed Cup, and not only
Ana Ivanovic told about the problems in his game, reaching the final of the Fed Cup, the popularity of tennis in Serbia, and more.
Author: Artem Taimanov
Keeping the tradition of launch day WTA tournaments in recent years, "Olympic" has once again passed the All-access hour with the top four seeded players Kremlin Cup Women's Singles. One of the members of this quartet was Serbian Ana Ivanovic .
- Ana, compare, please first three bats in the world. When it was your compatriot Jelena Jankovic, all said that it had no weaknesses, then he said the same thing about Caroline Wozniacki. Now in the same vein about Victoria Azarenka. You can compare their way of playing style and select a strong and weak points?
- I think that everyone who is a top tennis player, this place deserves the rating list. In this style of play Azarenka, in my view, is different from tennis, which I think that everyone who becomes a top tennis player, deserves this place in the rating list. In this style of play Azarenka, in my view, is different from tennis, which was shown Wozniacki and Jankovic. They hardly made a mistake, beat all the balls, but in their arsenal lacked a truly powerful, trample. Azarenka is also very stable, but it works much better in attack.
- It seems that in recent times in some games you are showing tennis, which is close to the level of your best game to the victory of the "Roland Garros - 2008" and the first place in rating list, but steadily operate at a level you can not. Do you agree with this assessment and see what's the reason that you can not regularly show such good tennis?
- I feel a little lack of stability at a high level. This year, I won a lot of matches, but the matches against top tennis players to show good tennis I could not. I think I'm confident enough in their abilities, when I go to court against such opponents. But I hope that next year I will be able to overcome this barrier, in any case, this is one of my main goals for the season. I want to perform successfully at major competitions, including the tournament "Grand Slam."
- National Team of Serbia for the first time in history to reach the final of the Fed Cup. What are your feelings before this confrontation, and how would you assess the teams' chances of winning?
- I can say that our dream come true. We are very happy that we managed to reach the final, failed to win a tough semi-final match against the Russian team. Now we have to perform in the finals, to which there are only a couple of weeks. If we manage to win, repeat the result guys in Davis Cup - in 2010, it will be gorgeous.
- you only once came to Moscow. What accounts for such a rare visit to the Russian capital and whether it is possible to say that now you come here thanks largely obtained in the semi-finals of the Federation Cup to positive emotions?
- (Immediately after the start of the translation into English Ana corrects: "I've been here twice. No. given Federation Cup even three times. ") I really wanted to come back here, to this tournament. Of course, our victory in the semifinals of the Federation Cup was a great achievement, but in any case I always nice to return to Moscow. Our countries are similar, so that everything looks very familiar and familiar.
- Can you compare "Megasport" in which the Fed Cup semi-final was held, and the SC "Olympic"? Courts, conditions for training and rest.
- They are very different. We played on the ground, and the bed is hard. I think the "Olympic" a lot more, at least, creates a feeling. I really like it here, this is a great complex. Back when I was looking for, where to practice, first discovered rink for figure skating - it was nice. But I had a training session in one of the halls, although I have not had much time to prepare.
- Ana say that your game depends on the level of fitness. How do you rate this season is from this point of view, how satisfied with how it planned as tournament play? And the percentage of the maximum would rate their current form?
- I think, right now, in fact, at the end of the season, it is difficult to be perfectly prepared. I think I would like to play a little bit more tournaments this year, and maybe I'll do it next season. Of course, to raise their level of physical fitness is very important because now tennis has become very expensive in the physical sense: it requires serious strength and power punches.
- Build you plans for the offseason? Where you will relax and your team will remain the same or there will be some changes?
- Well, to me there is always a coach, sparring partner and trainer on fitness. I'm going to spend half of preparation for the new season at home, and the other half - in Dubai.
- I can say that due to the success of the Serbian tennis in the last five or six years, he has become the most popular sport in your country. And as far as success in the Davis Cup and the Fed Cup help raise his popularity?
- Of course, the position of football is still strong, but the guys win the Davis Cup was a very important event for the whole of Serbia. The fact that we have reached the final of the Fed Cup, is also very good. But apart from that we have a lot of top players - and what did Novak last year, yet raised tennis on the first position in Serbia, at least, I think so. Tennis has become very popular in our country, and now play in it, you can say, fashionable and stylish.
- Becoming the first racket of the world, you've got a lot of contracts, including clothing. And what is your personal attitude to clothes, what brands do you like?
- I like the "Matthew Williamson." Of course, I like different shoes. But mostly I order all things in the shops, because I now have no time to get out somewhere (laughs) .
- Returning to the semi-finals of the Federation Cup, tell me where you celebrate that victory over the Russian national team and go there at the same is the case with the victory at the Kremlin Cup?
- I'm still trying to recover after the celebration (laughs) . In fact, when we went to a Serbian restaurant and well marked victory. Serbian music played there, there was a Serbian cuisine ... That night we did not sleep, because early in the morning we were to fly to the tournament in Stuttgart. So we're up all night celebrating and dancing.