~Ana's articles~ - Page 255 - TennisForum.com

 18Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3811 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
to be quite honest i don't think being in the top 12 for ao is that important now. she decided to play stupid events like hopman cup rather than to collect points. it's too late now to change that.

it would be important to get into top 10 and attack top 8 as soon as possible next year. true, a good result at ao would help a lot but the stupid scheduling has already been done, so...
I agree with you about the schedule.. I can't with choosing Hopman Cup..

But I do think being top 12 for AO would be important. If Ana is in good form, she would have a better chance of making QFs or beyond. 13-16 is the worst seeding bracket. Serena, Azarenka, Sharapova and Radwanska are really consistent and would prove a bigger challenge in a 4th round. I think improving her chances at a slam should be priority, and would give her more points to actually be able to get to top 10 and attack top 8.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3812 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Linguae^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,117
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

I adore Hopman Cup and I love that decision, sorry.
Linguae^ is online now  
post #3813 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
it's all because tsch is used to write just one sound, the english ch.
I know that it stands for ч. It just looks hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
4 letters for one sound, probably a world record.
Well, few letters for one consonant can be only possible in case of palatal consonants (not for m or b, lol). You must love orthography in Slavic languages (except for Polish). Diacritics are a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3814 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Casay Dellacqua was announced for Hopman Cup, making Team Australia Tomic-Dellacqua. Could face Ana.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...-1226489748644

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3815 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Hopman Cup again. Why can't he play with Bojana?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3816 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

I like exhibitions and Hopman Cup is fun to watch. Everybody seems to have a good time. I think Ana wants to play there simply because she really enjoys it. And besides that, money-wise it give some good rewards, I guess...

I think more relaxed preparation could potentially help her to achieve some big results at other events. I wonder if she'll play any internationals in 2013.
marineblue is offline  
post #3817 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 96
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Hopman Cup again. Why can't he play with Bojana?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I like exhibitions and Hopman Cup is fun to watch. Everybody seems to have a good time. I think Ana wants to play there simply because she really enjoys it. And besides that, money-wise it give some good rewards, I guess...

I think more relaxed preparation could potentially help her to achieve some big results at other events. I wonder if she'll play any internationals in 2013.
Exactly. She does what she wants to do. Let's not pretend she's some poor little girl only trying to keep her friend happy. She played in 2010 and then dropped it in 2011 so she could play at a tournament where, then boyfriend, had the rare opportunity of being able to attend every match. Boyfriend is now gone so she is more than happy to go back to Hopman Cup which by her own admission she really enjoyed in 2010. She has had no problem dropping HC in years previous when she didn't want to play(07,08,09, '11) so if she's there this year it's because she wants to be, not just to keep Novak happy...

Why should Novak have to play with Bojana? She's a bit younger than him and I'm not sure they even know each other too well, never seen pics of them together at any event or players party. He already played with Jankovic in 2008, so he's hardly that inflexible.
Tweedle is offline  
post #3818 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
Exactly. She does what she wants to do. Let's not pretend she's some poor little girl only trying to keep her friend happy. She played in 2010 and then dropped it in 2011 so she could play at a tournament where, then boyfriend, had the rare opportunity of being able to attend every match. Boyfriend is now gone so she is more than happy to go back to Hopman Cup which by her own admission she really enjoyed in 2010. She has had no problem dropping HC in years previous when she didn't want to play(07,08,09, '11) so if she's there this year it's because she wants to be, not just to keep Novak happy...

Why should Novak have to play with Bojana? She's a bit younger than him and I'm not sure they even know each other too well, never seen pics of them together at any event or players party. He already played with Jankovic in 2008, so he's hardly that inflexible.
Hey!

I also think she is playing because she feels like it.. but I don't think anyone is saying Ana is playing HC to please Novak. The sugestion of Bojana is probably because JJ, considering her ranking now, will probably be trying to gather points in a real tournament.

I would just like to say that she played in 2006 and 2011. You said she dropped it in 2011.. no, she dropped it in 2012, choosing to play Brisbane.

I think our resistence towards Hopman Cup is that, opposite to what it is to Novak, HC never meant good preparation for Ana. Both times she played, she ended up injured... got to AO unprepared and lost early. Also, unlike Novak, Ana needed that 1st week points to garantee a top 12 seed for AO.. and considering how it helped her to make a slam QF after 17 tries since RG 2008 at the USO.. that top 12 seed would mean increasing her chances of a good result at AO.. which I think anyone would agree is more important than HC. Ana might have enjoyed playing HC in 2011, but it was an awful choice for that year and for her career. So all things considered, choosing HC seems at least a very questionable decision regarding her career. But then again, that's Ana.. questionable decisions all around.

Now I know you are a Novak fan.. congrats on the Beijing title today! Try not being too sensitive about this, because most people here love Novak. Its not personal.. its just that playing HC hasn't been beneficial to Ana.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3819 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,164
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
he sugestion of Bojana is probably because JJ, considering her ranking now, will probably be trying to gather points in a real tournament.
Exactly. Ana and JJ need points desperately, BoJo needs money, so I'm wondering why Bojana or Aleksandra isn't playing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3820 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 96
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Hey!

I also think she is playing because she feels like it.. but I don't think anyone is saying Ana is playing HC to please Novak. The sugestion of Bojana is probably because JJ, considering her ranking now, will probably be trying to gather points in a real tournament.

I would just like to say that she played in 2006 and 2011. You said she dropped it in 2011.. no, she dropped it in 2012, choosing to play Brisbane.

I think our resistence towards Hopman Cup is that, opposite to what it is to Novak, HC never meant good preparation for Ana. Both times she played, she ended up injured... got to AO unprepared and lost early. Also, unlike Novak, Ana needed that 1st week points to garantee a top 12 seed for AO.. and considering how it helped her to make a slam QF after 17 tries since RG 2008 at the USO.. that top 12 seed would mean increasing her chances of a good result at AO.. which I think anyone would agree is more important than HC. Ana might have enjoyed playing HC in 2011, but it was an awful choice for that year and for her career. So all things considered, choosing HC seems at least a very questionable decision regarding her career. But then again, that's Ana.. questionable decisions all around.

Now I know you are a Novak fan.. congrats on the Beijing title today! Try not being too sensitive about this, because most people here love Novak. Its not personal.. its just that playing HC hasn't been beneficial to Ana.

Hey, I know, we are talking about the same years. It's just it starts with the Hopman Cup ball which is on the 31st and I got a bit confused with the men's Abu Dhabi event which has matches in the last couple of days of the year. I thought Hopman Cup might have had some matches on the 31st too but they don't. Anyway I meant, end of 2010/start of 2011 season as opposed to start of 2010.
Tweedle is offline  
post #3821 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Hopman Cup field is rather weak IMHO. All teams were announced today:

Quote:
Hopman Cup ‏@hopmancup
#HHC13 field (seeds 5-8): GER: Haas & Petkovic; RSA: Scheepers & Anderson; FRA: Johansson & Tsonga; AUS: Dellacqua & Tomic

4m Hopman Cup ‏@hopmancup
#HHC13 field (seeds 1-4): SRB: Ivanovic & Djokovic; USA: Venus & Isner; ITA: Schiavone & Seppi; ESP: M/Garrigues & Verdasco;
Only relevant names are Ana and Venus.. Ok.. Schiavone.. Petko..

Last year they had Na Li, Petra, Caro, Marion..

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3822 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
Hey, I know, we are talking about the same years. It's just it starts with the Hopman Cup ball which is on the 31st and I got a bit confused with the men's Abu Dhabi event which has matches in the last couple of days of the year. I thought Hopman Cup might have had some matches on the 31st too but they don't. Anyway I meant, end of 2010/start of 2011 season as opposed to start of 2010.
Oh, ok. Next Hopman Cup will start on december 29 I think... but its better to refer to ir as 1st tournament of 2013 season I think.

Nice seeing you around here! I'm sure we will root for NolAna together.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3823 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

There are 3 positive things that could eventuate from Ana playing HC: actually winning the title to make up for 2010, beating Venus in the process, and leaving Perth without an injury If all that happened, it would be a great start to the year for Ana don't you think?

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #3824 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,561
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
There are 3 positive things that could eventuate from Ana playing HC: actually winning the title to make up for 2010, beating Venus in the process, and leaving Perth without an injury If all that happened, it would be a great start to the year for Ana don't you think?
I'd agree! With ALL that happening, it would be a positive start for 2013.

I think Serbia and US are definitely heavy favorites to make the final.. so Ana would actually have to beat Venus in the final. Even better, right?

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3825 of 4614 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I'd agree! With ALL that happening, it would be a positive start for 2013.

I think Serbia and US are definitely heavy favorites to make the final.. so Ana would actually have to beat Venus in the final. Even better, right?
It would be and Ana would have at least played 4 singles matches, injury free, and won most if not all of them. It would be very very nice. The ranking points is a huge negative but it could still go well if she has a good off-season

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome