~Ana's articles~ - Page 201 - TennisForum.com
 16Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3001 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,130
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
Oh, wow. Gluten free ..no thanks. I was always told to 'eat my wheaties'. Maybe it just wasnt good for Novaks body? But Izzy said hes a sort of all-in one doctor, so why not, maybe he can be a plus for Ana's team somehow.
Novak used to eat pizzas, pastas, but he had to give up on those. First I thought it was all a bullshit, but look at Vika, she's eating snickers, drinks coke and there's always something wrong with her. They are pros. Even I can't train properly if my diet is awful, not to mention them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3002 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:51 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,356
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
That dizziness was related to anxiety disorder. It was never confirmed, but since I suffer from that shit, it really reminds me of that, especially since she was able to continue the match after that.

If she's not able to finish the match that lasts longer than an hour, it's probably something that's related to her head, but it might be some physical issue also.

And this would be a great team. Her British coach who would make her work hard, an Australian fitness coach who's also a friend + a Serbian black magic person who could fix her body and mind. The Serbian mentality story is not just a stereotype, so a Serbian witch could understand her perhaps better than someone else + of course they speak the same language and it's easier to express the feelings using a mother tongue.

Of course, I'm just talking crap, but who knows...
Yeah, I agree with you. I think it would be a good move.. it would at the very least mean she is dead serious about tennis and wants to do everything she can to put herself in the best position to succeed.

I just think we should wait and see before celebrating. If this turns out to be true, I'll be happy about it.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3003 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,356
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
Sounds like he can do a lot. Did he travel with Novak, or is he based in Serbia?
He was travelling with Novak full time.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3004 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,130
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. I think it would be a good move.. it would at the very least mean she is dead serious about tennis and wants to do everything she can to put herself in the best position to succeed.

I just think we should wait and see before celebrating. If this turns out to be true, I'll be happy about it.
If she's not hiring him, this article probably means that she's looking for someone. I can totally imagine Novak suggesting her t work with his witch, they're more than good friends, they're friends from childhood, just remember what he said about her during the HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3005 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:58 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,356
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
If she's not hiring him, this article probably means that she's looking for someone. I can totally imagine Novak suggesting her t work with his witch, they're more than good friends, they're friends from childhood, just remember what he said about her during the HC.
I know Novak and Ana are the best of friends.. but I don't think Novak would just give Ana his doctor. I'm not sure what's going on there.. but I guess maybe Ana's management made the doc an offer once they heard Novak and him parted ways. I'm just speculating though.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3006 of 4592 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2011, 02:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,130
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I know Novak and Ana are the best of friends.. but I don't think Novak would just give Ana his doctor. I'm not sure what's going on there.. but I guess maybe Ana's management made the doc an offer once they heard Novak and him parted ways. I'm just speculating though.
Maybe it's a rent. If he's OK atm, maybe he decided to rent her his witch for a while. His main problems were stamina and allergies. If he figured out how to deal with it, maybe he doesn't need his help anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3007 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
gloria7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 893
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

From Nigel's first interview for "Vecernje Novosti"

Why he left LTA: I believe Ana can win another GS, she has the qualities to get back to the top.

About No.1 spot: Before you start to dream about No1 spot, you have to return to the top 10 and
be a regular participant in the 2nd week of GS. Ana must go step by step
and she knows that.

About Ana: She is stubborn perfectionist, which is great quality but also can make things
more difficult. Her big weapon is her FH. She has the natural instincts to
volley, she's not afraid to attack. Ana is good on the net, strong girl with
powerful groundstrokes. But those who think that Ana will always play on the
same level will have to be disappointed.

On consistency: This is one of our priorities. There is no magic wand. You should look at all
the rational and learn from every experience, positive or negative. Continuity
is Ana's top goal.

When to expect results: You never know when you'll get the best results. The most important
thing is to work every day to improve. We're all patient and understand
that this is a long term process. We are still at an early stage.

On his daughter Kim: Kim is about the same age as Ana and that helps me understand Ana the
right way. They (Ana and Kim) always comment on each other: "Oh,she
dresses so nicely".

On preparations for next season : There is a chance that we'll go earlier to Australia this
year to prepare. Ana likes to be there, have relatives and
Scott is Australian. We 'll have to work hard but we're both
looking forvard to it. Right now, our focus is New York.
gloria7 is offline  
post #3008 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,130
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
From Nigel's first interview for "Vecernje Novosti"

Why he left LTA: I believe Ana can win another GS, she has the qualities to get back to the top.

About No.1 spot: Before you start to dream about No1 spot, you have to return to the top 10 and
be a regular participant in the 2nd week of GS. Ana must go step by step
and she knows that.

About Ana: She is stubborn perfectionist, which is great quality but also can make things
more difficult. Her big weapon is her FH. She has the natural instincts to
volley, she's not afraid to attack. Ana is good on the net, strong girl with
powerful groundstrokes. But those who think that Ana will always play on the
same level will have to be disappointed.

On consistency: This is one of our priorities. There is no magic wand. You should look at all
the rational and learn from every experience, positive or negative. Continuity
is Ana's top goal.

When to expect results: You never know when you'll get the best results. The most important
thing is to work every day to improve. We're all patient and understand
that this is a long term process. We are still at an early stage.

On his daughter Kim: Kim is about the same age as Ana and that helps me understand Ana the
right way. They (Ana and Kim) always comment on each other: "Oh,she
dresses so nicely".

On preparations for next season : There is a chance that we'll go earlier to Australia this
year to prepare. Ana likes to be there, have relatives and
Scott is Australian. We 'll have to work hard but we're both
looking forvard to it. Right now, our focus is New York.

This interview is so great. I'm becoming a big fan of Nigel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3009 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,356
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
From Nigel's first interview for "Vecernje Novosti"

Why he left LTA: I believe Ana can win another GS, she has the qualities to get back to the top.

About No.1 spot: Before you start to dream about No1 spot, you have to return to the top 10 and
be a regular participant in the 2nd week of GS. Ana must go step by step
and she knows that.

About Ana: She is stubborn perfectionist, which is great quality but also can make things
more difficult. Her big weapon is her FH. She has the natural instincts to
volley, she's not afraid to attack. Ana is good on the net, strong girl with
powerful groundstrokes. But those who think that Ana will always play on the
same level will have to be disappointed.

On consistency: This is one of our priorities. There is no magic wand. You should look at all
the rational and learn from every experience, positive or negative. Continuity
is Ana's top goal.

When to expect results: You never know when you'll get the best results. The most important
thing is to work every day to improve. We're all patient and understand
that this is a long term process. We are still at an early stage.

On his daughter Kim: Kim is about the same age as Ana and that helps me understand Ana the
right way. They (Ana and Kim) always comment on each other: "Oh,she
dresses so nicely".

On preparations for next season : There is a chance that we'll go earlier to Australia this
year to prepare. Ana likes to be there, have relatives and
Scott is Australian. We 'll have to work hard but we're both
looking forvard to it. Right now, our focus is New York.
Thanks for this! Great interview!

About the last question.. he says there is a chance they will go earlier to Australia. Would this mean ending the season after China Open?

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3010 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Balltossovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36,471
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Great interview. I like where his head is! Now, he just needs to get Ana's head in the same place


All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king
Balltossovic is offline  
post #3011 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Senior Member
 
DefyingGravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 9,092
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
From Nigel's first interview for "Vecernje Novosti"

Why he left LTA: I believe Ana can win another GS, she has the qualities to get back to the top.

About No.1 spot: Before you start to dream about No1 spot, you have to return to the top 10 and
be a regular participant in the 2nd week of GS. Ana must go step by step
and she knows that.

About Ana: She is stubborn perfectionist, which is great quality but also can make things
more difficult. Her big weapon is her FH. She has the natural instincts to
volley, she's not afraid to attack. Ana is good on the net, strong girl with
powerful groundstrokes. But those who think that Ana will always play on the
same level will have to be disappointed.

On consistency: This is one of our priorities. There is no magic wand. You should look at all
the rational and learn from every experience, positive or negative. Continuity
is Ana's top goal.

When to expect results: You never know when you'll get the best results. The most important
thing is to work every day to improve. We're all patient and understand
that this is a long term process. We are still at an early stage.

On his daughter Kim: Kim is about the same age as Ana and that helps me understand Ana the
right way. They (Ana and Kim) always comment on each other: "Oh,she
dresses so nicely".

On preparations for next season : There is a chance that we'll go earlier to Australia this
year to prepare. Ana likes to be there, have relatives and
Scott is Australian. We 'll have to work hard but we're both
looking forvard to it. Right now, our focus is New York.
Oh my god, I love this man. He actually speaks truths! And he knows exactly that second weeks of slams, top 10, and consistency are what she needs before she can dream of winning another one and being #1 again.

Next stop: Roland Garros

Ana ('08 RG), Serena (21), Venus (7), Petra (2), Angie ('16 AO)
Vika (2), Sveta (2), Simona, Garbi, Ka. Pliskova
Kim (4), Mahree (2), Monica (9), Dokic, Sandrine, Jie
DefyingGravity is offline  
post #3012 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Nigel

The Hantuchova fans are still very pressed about him, but I've seen no proof of any of their claims so far.

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #3013 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,356
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
Nigel

The Hantuchova fans are still very pressed about him, but I've seen no proof of any of their claims so far.
What are their claims?

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3014 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
What are their claims?
That he made her lose weight, that he had an icy relationship with her, a few other things that I can't recall. This is off the top of my head, sorry. Someone else might know exactly.

Basically though there are some who think he ruined Daniela's career.

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #3015 of 4592 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Davodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: X
Posts: 12,777
                     
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Yeah I've seen that too, but Daniela was clearly going through other things when he was her coach...I think a lot of Daniela fans are just looking for something to blame when they say those things.

Lucie Safarova, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Agnieszka Radwanska

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome