Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
 5Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1966 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,741
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Ana's press in serbian after loss to Sharapova in Rome:

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=610436

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1967 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,058
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ana's press in serbian after loss to Sharapova in Rome:

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=610436
Nothing new.

She said that she had chances in both sets, especially in first set and that it's disappointing that she wasted those chances, but she also said that Maria played really well in deciding moments. She's however satisfied that she can play close and competitive matches against players like Sharapova and Azarenka and that it's a result of her work with Nigel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1968 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
SidTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States Of Eurasia
Posts: 5,364
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

She sounds so cute in Serbian and somehow I can understand something from it

Olivia,Ana,Genie

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline  
post #1969 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,741
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Nothing new.

She said that she had chances in both sets, especially in first set and that it's disappointing that she wasted those chances, but she also said that Maria played really well in deciding moments. She's however satisfied that she can play close and competitive matches against players like Sharapova and Azarenka and that it's a result of her work with Nigel.
Thanks Cajka!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1970 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
 
JamieOwen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Legend's Palace
Posts: 14,118
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread



Ana Ivanovic vs Laura Robson 2011 Tokyo R2 Highlights


Quote:
I go through life like a Karate Kid - Britney Spears
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena M.Hingis Kournikova Seles Ivanovic Azarenka J.Dokic L.Robson Bouchard H.Watson E.Baltacha R.I.P Kvitova D.Vekic Shuai Peng

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline  
post #1971 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,741
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Ana's interview for CNN's Open Court is at CNN's web.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?utm_so...eref=rss_sport

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.

Last edited by gaviotabr; May 24th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1972 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
doni1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,667
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Aww loved that! Especially the ping pong bit lol!

Rena's Army, Ana and Vika!!!

21


doni1212 is offline  
post #1973 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
SidTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States Of Eurasia
Posts: 5,364
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Clearly not lost on purpouse in ping pong She is such a sweet girl

Olivia,Ana,Genie

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline  
post #1974 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,058
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Ana mentioned the final against Justine and there's one question that can not be asked in GM. Does anyone else feel that Ana was able to trouble Justine much more than she did it in that final? Not to beat her perhaps, but to win a set or so? I think that she had a game to do that, she started the match great, but something happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1975 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 04:13 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Balltossovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36,388
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Ana mentioned the final against Justine and there's one question that can not be asked in GM. Does anyone else feel that Ana was able to trouble Justine much more than she did it in that final? Not to beat her perhaps, but to win a set or so? I think that she had a game to do that, she started the match great, but something happened.
Ana always had the game to trouble JuJu. Unfortunately, she never had the brains.

Ana said what clicked in that final was, when she got ahead that break, she started thinking OMG I might actually win this match, and stopped concentrating on the next point. She was thinking about the finish line and got nervous. I think you could actually see it happen in the match (Not that I've watched it since)

Ana had a bigger game than Justine. JuJu had better defence and net play. Oh, and the BH, obviously. But Ana had the bigger strokes and should have been able to run JuJu all over the courts. She never did it though, because I don't think she and her teams discussed tactics against Justine.


All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king
Balltossovic is offline  
post #1976 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,058
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
Ana always had the game to trouble JuJu. Unfortunately, she never had the brains.

Ana said what clicked in that final was, when she got ahead that break, she started thinking OMG I might actually win this match, and stopped concentrating on the next point. She was thinking about the finish line and got nervous. I think you could actually see it happen in the match (Not that I've watched it since)

Ana had a bigger game than Justine. JuJu had better defence and net play. Oh, and the BH, obviously. But Ana had the bigger strokes and should have been able to run JuJu all over the courts. She never did it though, because I don't think she and her teams discussed tactics against Justine.
After retiring Justine said that she never liked playing the big hitters, that she always felt uncomfortable against the WS. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable before that FO final against Ana. I can imagine that. It would explain how she fell apart after the QF of AO. She felt helpless during that match. You could see it in her eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1977 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Balltossovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36,388
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
After retiring Justine said that she never liked playing the big hitters, that she always felt uncomfortable against the WS. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable before that FO final against Ana. I can imagine that. It would explain how she fell apart after the QF of AO. She felt helpless during that match. You could see it in her eyes.
*sigh* If only Ana had kept her head in that first set


All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king
Balltossovic is offline  
post #1978 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
InsideOut.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anapolis Asylum
Posts: 19,558
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

I do get that feeling too. I rewatched the highlights, and most of the good shots were all from Ana's racquet too.

The forehand winner she hit on the very first point sends chills up my spine. Like it wasn't even close to the line, but it was just such a heavy ball that blasted right through the court and Justine never got close to it.

Waiting for Ana Ivanovic to just retire already .
Justine Henin. Amelie Mauresmo. Francesca Schiavone.
InsideOut. is offline  
post #1979 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,741
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Ana mentioned the final against Justine and there's one question that can not be asked in GM. Does anyone else feel that Ana was able to trouble Justine much more than she did it in that final? Not to beat her perhaps, but to win a set or so? I think that she had a game to do that, she started the match great, but something happened.
Roland Garros 2007 is one of my favorite tournaments ever. Really.. except for the final, Ana was hitting big, serving huge (probably her best serving tournament?), returning beautifully, moving well and fighting. I'm sure she could even win that match if she had been prepared for the ocasion. She wasn't prepared at all.. and that was the most nervous I've ever seen Ana on a court.. she was shaking. It was also the 1st time I saw her have serious issues with her toss. After that 1st game, in which she broke, and then got to 40-0 on her own serve, she realized the moment and got overwhelmed by it. For a while she couldn't even throw the ball up to serve. From then on it was NID.

I think it wasn't just Ana failing to cope, but also a miss from her team. Once you are in a final of a grand slam, you have to prepare your player to win it, not to just play free.. but be prepared to win. That posibility never crossed Ana's mind before.. it only crossed her mind once she was already there playing. That is a preparation failure, a lot of which should be adressed by the much more experienced people she had around her. The posibility of winning had to be in her mind and had to be digested and had to be almost organic to her before she stepped on the court. In a slam final, you simply have to be ready, otherwise you won't even be able to play, like happened to Ana.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1980 of 2820 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,741
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
I do get that feeling too. I rewatched the highlights, and most of the good shots were all from Ana's racquet too.

The forehand winner she hit on the very first point sends chills up my spine. Like it wasn't even close to the line, but it was just such a heavy ball that blasted right through the court and Justine never got close to it.
I remember that! Ana's weight of shot that whole summer was huge. From winning Berlin to winning LA, she went far in every tournament mainly because she had really heavy shots.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome